THIS BODY KIT WITH MAACO PAINT JOB???? - Maxima Forums



5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

THIS BODY KIT WITH MAACO PAINT JOB????

Closed Thread
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-28-2012, 11:29 AM   #1
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 115
THIS BODY KIT WITH MAACO PAINT JOB????

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280833810746...fvi%3D1&_rdc=1


ITS EITHER ABOUT 3GS OF BODY WORK AND PAINT OR THAT BODY KIT WITH A WHITE MAACO PAINT JOB? THE KIT SAYS OFF ROAD OR SHOWROOM USE ONLY ?
ITS A 02 PEARL WHITE CAR WITH ALOT OF DENTS RUNS GOOD I GOT FOR A G I WANNA KEEP IT WHAT DO U GUYS THINK http://s1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj545/DAVIDD82/

UNLESS SOME 1 HAS A DOOR 2 FENDERS AND BUMPERS PM ME
heyhi is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 12:07 PM   #2
Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Central CT
Posts: 276
Just do it right and let the body shop take care of it. That body kit is most likely terrible quality, and a Maaco paintjob will start peeling after a few months/years. If you want to save money, you can search the classifieds here, search craigslist, or search a local junk yard for used body parts that you can have repainted by the body shop.

If the rest of the car is in good condition and it runs well, then just cough up the money to have the body properly fixed. After you pay the body shop, the grand total you will have spent on the car will still be thousands less than the blue book value.
02pearlmax is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 12:10 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 10,258
Maaco is crap. The paint they use is crap, their prep work is crap, it's just crap all over. Whatever you decide to do, find a good body shop that has a reputation for high quality work.
T_Behr904 is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 12:10 PM   #4
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,340
What?!?
UGAd13 is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 12:31 PM   #5
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Madison, wi area.
Posts: 113
That body kit is hideous. That car is also beat pretty bad. If you don't care about appearance 1k is fine I suppose, don't plan on getting that mess fixed for a reasonable price though.
240sxguy is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 12:48 PM   #6
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 115
I REALLY LIKE THIS CAR I CALLED ABOUT 30 JUNK YARDS AND I CANT GET PEARL WHITE. FROM WHAT I HEAR THATS THE MOST EXPENSIVE COLOR , AND I DONT HAVE THAT MUCH DOUGH TO DISH OUT
heyhi is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 12:58 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 822
If you really like the car then you will not go to Maaco. Buy something that will last and look good so you can continue to like it or do not get anything at all. I know it sucks. You want to fix it but its expensive.

OAN, STOP YELLING AT ME!!!
2damax is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 01:21 PM   #8
Da Roller Coaster!
iTrader: (15)
 
foodmanry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,855
EYE TYPZ LYKE DIS BECUZ ITS EYSIR TO REED FOOL!
foodmanry is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 01:31 PM   #9
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodmanry View Post
EYE TYPZ LYKE DIS BECUZ ITS EYSIR TO REED FOOL!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
TYPE OF KID THAT PEOPLE PICK ON
heyhi is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 01:44 PM   #10
Got Retrofit?
iTrader: (34)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 14,423
Maaco will not do that paint job right. Don't do it, ditch the body kit idea.
ChrisMan287 is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 01:58 PM   #11
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMan287 View Post
Maaco will not do that paint job right. Don't do it, ditch the body kit idea.





YEA IM JUST GONNA HIT UP CRAIGSLIST EBAY AND THIS SITE TILL I FIND ALL THE PARTS IN PEARL WHITE
heyhi is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 02:02 PM   #12
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyhi View Post
I REALLY LIKE THIS CAR I CALLED ABOUT 30 JUNK YARDS AND I CANT GET PEARL WHITE. FROM WHAT I HEAR THATS THE MOST EXPENSIVE COLOR , AND I DONT HAVE THAT MUCH DOUGH TO DISH OUT
sound like a case of the 7 P's.

Prior Proper Planing Prevents **** Poor Performance.

Pearl is a 3 stage process and very hard to blend. Any discount painter won't do a great job of matching the rest of the car. You have the honor and privilege of owning the best color Maxima, EVER... now treat her right.

Also, we are all not too sure what you're asking for...

p.s.
UGAd13 is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 02:03 PM   #13
Senior Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 752
HEY GUYS I'M GONNA TYPE IN ALL CAPS THAT GETS MY MESSAGE ACROSS SO MUCH BETTER THAN TYPING NORMALLY PLUS I LOOK SUPER SMART I DONT USE PUNCTUATION EITHER CAUSE THATS FOR LAMES WHO ARENT COOL DONT BUY THAT BODY KIT WHY DONT YOU ACTUALLY SPEND MONEY ON FIXING THE BODY DAMAGE TO YOUR CAR IF YOU REALLY THINK THATS A GOOD IDEA TO BUY THAT AND IT WILL LOOK GOOD THAN YOU NEED TO SELL YOUR MAXIMA AND BUY A HONDA BECAUSE YOU WILL FIT IN MUCH BETTER WITH THAT CROWD
Waxima is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 02:05 PM   #14
Senior Member
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: WA
Posts: 10,703
y dont u jus' driv bye a witeout faktory n jus ask em to do ur car mang...?
Amerikaner83 is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 02:10 PM   #15
Da Roller Coaster!
iTrader: (15)
 
foodmanry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyhi View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
TYPE OF KID THAT PEOPLE PICK ON
I'm probably old enough to be your father....

At any rate, take the f-ing caps lock key off your keyboard. As you can see from most of the replies no one is really taking you seriously.

For one..you type in ALL CAPZ YO!

For two..your punctuation is pretty bad. I've seen 5th graders with better punctuation.

For three...you aren't listening to the advice that is being given to you. I don't really know what more you want from us because you'll end up doing your own thing anyways and probably f-ing up the entire paint job on your Maxima.
foodmanry is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 02:14 PM   #16
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 115
U GUYS HOOK UP UR CARS MAKE EM LOOK GOOD AND FAST AND UR THIS CORNY LOL? THATS KINDA FUNY HAHA

BUT YEA YO IMMA JUS DO DA CRAIGSLIS THANG AND JUS BUY DEM PARTS SEPRATEITALY N HOOK ME ISH UP N SELL DAT **** FO LIKE 4 GS BUT U KNO AH MEAN ITS NOT JUS SO I FEEL COOL CAUSE I WAS PICKED ON U KNO I BE SAYIN YO U DA TYPE ID CHIN CHECK U KNO I MEAN YO LMAO BUT YOOO I CANT BE COMIN ON DIS WEB SYTE NO MO U PEOPLE BE TO CORNY I BE FEELIN LIKE YO Y DEES PEOPLE BE HOOKIN DEY ISH UP AND DEY SOME LAME DUDES N DEN I BE LAUGHIN YO N I BE XIN DIS PAGE OUT N I NEVA B COMIN BACK ON HERE YOOO CAUSE YAAAS JUS DA WORD OF DA DAY WICH IS CORNY YOOOOOO
heyhi is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 02:17 PM   #17
Senior Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyhi View Post
I BE XIN DIS PAGE OUT N I NEVA B COMIN BACK ON HERE
I can't believe I actually read that entire post but I'm glad I caught this part. If you actually do that you will be doing this site a huge service.
Waxima is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 02:18 PM   #18
Senior Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chandler , AZ .
Posts: 424
LOL maybe his caps lock on his keyboard broke ?
Maximus92 is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 02:19 PM   #19
Senior Member
iTrader: (14)
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 1,496
I have a headache... IBTL i guess.
CustomLowz is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 02:20 PM   #20
Senior Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Diego,California
Posts: 8,953
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMan287 View Post
Maaco will not do that paint job right. Don't do it, ditch the body kit idea.
Agreed.....
Rods03Max619 is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 02:22 PM   #21
Senior Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chandler , AZ .
Posts: 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxima View Post
I can't believe I actually read that entire post but I'm glad I caught this part. If you actually do that you will be doing this site a huge service.

+1 he can :matt93se:
Maximus92 is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 02:27 PM   #22
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 115
BUT YO AH FOGET TU MENTION AH GOT LIKE 130 VIEWS AND I GUESS ALL DEM PEOPLE AINT DA WORD OF DA DAY ITS JUS LIKE A COUPLE OF YAS BE DA WORD OF DA DAYYYY YOOO
heyhi is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 02:38 PM   #23
Senior Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chandler , AZ .
Posts: 424
i thought you were leaving ?
Maximus92 is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 02:48 PM   #24
Senior Member
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: WA
Posts: 10,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus92 View Post
i thought you were leaving ?

<<<<<<<< IZ WAT HEZ LIKE YO
Amerikaner83 is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 03:21 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: St. Charles, MO
Posts: 558
It looks like the results of a Maxima that banged a Pontiac Aztec.

OP- don't do it
95VQ30 is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 03:33 PM   #26
Supporting Maxima.org Member
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Phila.
Posts: 1,019
ok not all maaco's shops are crap my buddy is a mgn at one and his shop is one of the best maaco's in PA ...yes i wrote right PA. as far as that kit i just threw up in my mouth

but make sure u get oem parts cause aftermarket parts somethings dont line up right
WhoDatBuuL is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 03:43 PM   #27
Senior Member
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NJersey
Posts: 1,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDatBuuL View Post
ok not all maaco's shops are crap my buddy is a mgn at one and his shop is one of the best maaco's in PA ...yes i wrote right PA. as far as that kit i just threw up in my mouth

but make sure u get oem parts cause aftermarket parts somethings dont line up right
Truth. There are some (not a lot) of Maaco's that are worth a damn, you just have to know the one you're going to b/c a lot of them aren't great. Most aren't bad for simple resprays though (provided you don't need much prep-work).
Nexus67 is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 03:47 PM   #28
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95VQ30 View Post
It looks like the results of a Maxima that banged a Pontiac Aztec.

OP- don't do it

IM NOT GONNA BUY THE BODY KIT ,IM GOING OEM, IL BUY THE PARTS LITTLE BY LITTLE AS I COME ACROSS THEM.
heyhi is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 03:57 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 539
Please, please stop responding to this d**chebag positively, he doesn't deserve anyone's advice. What an idiot, I can't believe he hasnt been banned. Of all the times I have been hesitant posting for ridicule, i can't believe what he has already gotten away with. Here's some caps lock for ya bud... SELL YOUR CAR AND DON'T EVER TELL ANYONE YOU OWNED A MAXIMA BECAUSE YOU ARE AN EMBARASSING DISGRACE TO ALL WHO HAVE. GO BUY A CIVIC, A HUGE MUFFLER AND A RACING SEAT COVER AND WE CAN PUT YOU IN THE ONE THREAD THAT WILL SUIT PERFECTLY.
https://maxima.org/showthread.php?t=645265
You sir, are an idiot
Brl24 is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 04:45 PM   #30
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: woodlands tx
Posts: 146
Ok well og to a junkyard find a 5th gen you can get bumper covers and fenders cheap doors are alittle more for less than that body kit find all the pieces in pearl white your looking at maybe 3-400$ remember you can barder with them then have the body work done and save for paint it may take longer but it will look good
bryanakaslim is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 05:02 PM   #31
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Drexel Hill PA
Posts: 217
Had Maaco Paint My Bumper...Started Peeling After A Month... Crappity Crap Crap Crap
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Behr904 View Post
Maaco is crap. The paint they use is crap, their prep work is crap, it's just crap all over. Whatever you decide to do, find a good body shop that has a reputation for high quality work.
Thaboywonder6588 is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 05:14 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 10,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDatBuuL View Post
ok not all maaco's shops are crap my buddy is a mgn at one and his shop is one of the best maaco's in PA
Not knocking your friend, but the company itself buys and uses cheapazz paint.
T_Behr904 is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 06:49 PM   #33
Senior Member
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NJersey
Posts: 1,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Behr904 View Post
Not knocking your friend, but the company itself buys and uses cheapazz paint.
Perhaps they all don't source the same paint? You guys must have some awful Maaco's by you lol.

Like the fella above who said his paint was peeling after a month
Nexus67 is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 07:13 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 10,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus67 View Post
Perhaps they all don't source the same paint? You guys must have some awful Maaco's by you lol.

Like the fella above who said his paint was peeling after a month
Maybe... Either way, I'll never use Maaco. I have a body shop that I use if the need arises. They have a strong reputation for excellent work, and have been in business for a long time. They also specialize in custom paint as well.
T_Behr904 is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 07:32 PM   #35
Senior Member
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NJersey
Posts: 1,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Behr904 View Post
Maybe... Either way, I'll never use Maaco. I have a body shop that I use if the need arises. They have a strong reputation for excellent work, and have been in business for a long time. They also specialize in custom paint as well.
True. I had a Maaco shop use House of Kolor when my regular guy at Lambspeed (same guy who did Turbotrix Evo) moved too far south NJ

It was a good job though I may use Maaco for a respray, but I can't imagine using them for anything else.
Nexus67 is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 07:54 PM   #36
Senior Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyhi View Post
U GUYS HOOK UP UR CARS MAKE EM LOOK GOOD AND FAST AND UR THIS CORNY LOL? THATS KINDA FUNY HAHA

BUT YEA YO IMMA JUS DO DA CRAIGSLIS THANG AND JUS BUY DEM PARTS SEPRATEITALY N HOOK ME ISH UP N SELL DAT **** FO LIKE 4 GS BUT U KNO AH MEAN ITS NOT JUS SO I FEEL COOL CAUSE I WAS PICKED ON U KNO I BE SAYIN YO U DA TYPE ID CHIN CHECK U KNO I MEAN YO LMAO BUT YOOO I CANT BE COMIN ON DIS WEB SYTE NO MO U PEOPLE BE TO CORNY I BE FEELIN LIKE YO Y DEES PEOPLE BE HOOKIN DEY ISH UP AND DEY SOME LAME DUDES N DEN I BE LAUGHIN YO N I BE XIN DIS PAGE OUT N I NEVA B COMIN BACK ON HERE YOOO CAUSE YAAAS JUS DA WORD OF DA DAY WICH IS CORNY YOOOOOO
Stop sniffing glue! or paint!


Last edited by gatsugansu; 02-28-2012 at 07:58 PM.
gatsugansu is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 07:57 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 10,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus67 View Post
True. I had a Maaco shop use House of Kolor when my regular guy at Lambspeed (same guy who did Turbotrix Evo) moved too far south NJ

It was a good job though I may use Maaco for a respray, but I can't imagine using them for anything else.
House of Kolor makes some killer paint.
T_Behr904 is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 08:50 PM   #38
Senior Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Queens Village, NY
Posts: 1,420
no
luvlexus101 is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 09:30 PM   #39
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 115
SERIOUSLY THO ITS SAD WHEN U GET ALL MAD THAT SOME ONE IS USING CAPS
heyhi is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 09:33 PM   #40
Senior Member
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: WA
Posts: 10,703
would you get mad if someone was yelling at you in a different language?




this is the equivalent. And yes, your "l33tspeak" or w/e is a different language...and grammar is good if you're typing things in a way to get others to understand what the hell you're talking about.
Amerikaner83 is offline  
 
 
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
3M Paint Defender vs. Pro-Installed Clear Bra doctorpullit 8th Generation Maxima (2016-) 13 04-23-2017 05:35 AM
Body kit Question Jamie Bolus General Maxima Discussion 0 09-13-2015 05:56 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:23 AM.