5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

performance chips

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 06:35 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

performance chips

I have found many things online saying i can get extra horsepower and gas mileage out of my maxima with performance chips that aren't very expensive. Has anyone else bought these and had improved power and gas mileage with them?
Old 07-21-2012, 06:50 PM

Don't waste your money.
Old 07-21-2012, 06:59 PM

We dont own Civics.....cant just "chip" our ECUs. you'd be best off starting with some intake spacers, BOP, a custom intake setup of some sort and 93 octane.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:21 PM

buy it and report back to us.... maybe it will...... just maybe lol
Old 07-21-2012, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Clashez
The GF Performance Chip utilizes the latest in technology from the automotive engine control sector. Our product allows you to take your car’s performance to the next level. Our product is designed to work with any car in any weather condition and with any combination of different engine modifications. You can have a factory turbo, aftermarket turbo, supercharger, NOS kit, and our unit still remains compatible and able to compensate for any of these variables. To understand how our Performance Chip System functions a few things must be known about electronic fuel injection systems:

The unit responsible for controlling your engines fuel, ignition, throttle position, intake temperature, along with a few other variables. This engine management unit is called the ECU (Engine Control Unit). This is the main unit that our Performance Chip interfaces with to create more power, fuel mileage, etc. The ideal air fuel ratio (mixture) is termed stoichiometric. This means that there are 14.7 parts air to 1 part gasoline. By achieving this air fuel ratio an engine is able to run more efficiently, meaning better gas mileage, better emissions and more horsepower. Through rigorous research we were able develop a system that adjusts the factory ECU's settings in order to produce this ideal fuel mixture. Ideal ignition (spark) timing can only be utilized once ideal fuel ratio has been achieved. By advancing the spark timing the piston is allowed to have a longer power stroke, and achieve a more complete burn of the gasoline vapors inside the combustion chamber. These factors are essential in creating more efficient power for a smaller amount of gasoline. Our system allows you to run more advanced spark timing with an ideal fuel ratio. Being that our system runs more advanced spark timing and a stoichiometric fuel mixture we advise that you can continue to use the same fuel that was initially recommended for your vehicle. Our claims are based on this, so there is no need to run higher octane fuel. We have found in our research that our system will indeed put out virtually the same power on lower octane fuel vs. higher octane fuel. We are proud to say we are the only chip manufacturer that can make such claims.

Due to government regulations on emissions and power, many manufacturers program your car's ECU with very modest fuel and spark settings that negatively influence your car's power and gas mileage. All of these factors together form a problem that we are now able to solve with the GForce Performance Chip. We have developed a system that is able to intercept and reconfigure the signals transmitted to the ECU. This enables us to essentially reprogram your ECU to attain maximum efficiency meaning better gas mileage and more power to the ground. The chip is able to work dynamically with the ECU meaning it will compensate for the current load your engine is under:

When you are full throttle your engine load is increased dramatically over normal freeway cruising, so the chip tells the ECU to compensate for the larger volume of incoming air by injecting more fuel into your engine and advancing the timing, giving you increased overall horsepower When you are cruising on the freeway or in the city the load on the engine and incoming air is little so the chip tells the ECU to use less fuel in order to achieve maximum fuel economy

Regardless of your driving style our chip will provide a substantial increase in performance over stock. All of these benefits are achieved without disassembling or reprogramming your ECU thereby preserving your factory warranty or permanently altering your car in any way shape or form. What sets us apart from our competition, we offer a solid product that we stand by, so much so that if you are not satisfied in any way we will offer you a 100% no questions asked refund. Our GForce Chips may sound too good to be true, but let’s say that the results speak for themselves.

Moe powwa lol
According to Clashez, they're good.

..so make sure you stay away from them!
Old 07-21-2012, 07:27 PM

i start reading then i glanced up at the poster as i needed to know the author of that book then............
Old 07-21-2012, 07:30 PM

Old 07-21-2012, 07:31 PM
Get Off My Lawn

I'm guessing Nissan has continues soldering their chips to the board as they did in the 2nd and 3rd gen Maxima. Which means either paying someone who knows how to use a solder sucker and work on boards to remove your oem chip an install the "performance" one. Of course, to do that, I'd just have the guy solder in a bung that way you could then just swap out the oem for the "performance" chip when you wanted.

Course, been on the forums for over a decade, I cannot recall ANYONE who has "chipped" their max. If in fact someone has, please, speak up!
Old 07-21-2012, 07:36 PM
Get Off My Lawn

This does get me to thinking. Instead of the Known cost with running emanage and such, I wonder if emulation has been considered for the 5/5.5 gens?
I know it's not upper level tuning, but it works. This is how I've tuned and ran my 3rd gen turbo, using a Romulator.

Has emulation ever been considered for some more affordable tuning on our cars? Should be able to get the emulator purchased and installed for right around $200........well, last time I priced an emulator anyway. Just a thought.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by AznRyan
According to Clashez, they're good.

..so make sure you stay away from them!
Dat post...

Old 07-21-2012, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Chris Gregg
I'm guessing Nissan has continues soldering their chips to the board as they did in the 2nd and 3rd gen Maxima. Which means either paying someone who knows how to use a solder sucker and work on boards to remove your oem chip an install the "performance" one. Of course, to do that, I'd just have the guy solder in a bung that way you could then just swap out the oem for the "performance" chip when you wanted.

Course, been on the forums for over a decade, I cannot recall ANYONE who has "chipped" their max. If in fact someone has, please, speak up!
i do know a local that has "chipped" his auto 5.5 lol... I/H/E he ran 14.5 took it off and his PB was 14.5 ... he might be faster now though... think he is on here also

Originally Posted by T_Behr904
Dat post...

Old 07-21-2012, 08:35 PM
Chocolate_Boi_1Der

You better not mean underglows
Old 07-21-2012, 08:53 PM

Interesting how hustles never die. Before fuel injection and computers, the hustle was to buy a carburetor that would give you 100 miles to the gallon. It's good to see that the shysters have adapted to the times.

Actually I started a thread about this back in Aug 2010.

http://forums.maxima.org/4th-generat...ance-chip.html

It made 17 posts before it got locked.

IBTL
Old 07-21-2012, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by T_Behr904
Dat post...

Old 07-21-2012, 09:38 PM
Get Off My Lawn

I thought my emulator question had merit.