5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

love for 5th gen 5-spd

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2002, 07:36 AM

Originally posted by 2000 SE

What do you mean by standard? According to my guy at Nissan, my car creates a crowd because they have never seen a 00' 5spd SE! I originally called months ago about the tsb on the 5spd's and he said he had not been aware because 5spd's were such a small part of production.
Same here. One of the guys at the dealership asked me twice if he could take it for a spin, because he had never seen one. Of course, I said he11 no.
Old 01-12-2002, 02:34 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

well, i've went as far as looking online for one nationwide.... big mistake! the only ones i found were 2 4th gens. there was one or two, but were all still low-mileage and mid twenty grand on the price. that dealer i drove one at across state even sold their 5-spd. i didn't think it'd be THIS hard, but wow....

as for those i saw that said auto's are just as good. auto's are good in their own sense. it's nice when you don't want to deal with shifting basically. you'll get better mileage with a 5-spd as well as performance (performance has been definitely proven better on the track!). it's just most people don't want to deal with it. we drive a 4-door family sedan. while there's tons of us on here who are "performance oriented", there's about 10 to every one of us who are older, many over 50, who wanted something different than the camry... it's sad, but true.
Old 01-12-2002, 03:00 PM

Originally posted by JDM4LIFE
well, i've went as far as looking online for one nationwide.... big mistake! the only ones i found were 2 4th gens. there was one or two, but were all still low-mileage and mid twenty grand on the price. that dealer i drove one at across state even sold their 5-spd. i didn't think it'd be THIS hard, but wow....

Just be patient. It took me over 4 months and trip across 6 states to get mine. Everyone told me I was nuts to go to that length just to get a manual. I think plenty of people here would back me up.

And it is sooooo worth it. I love slaping those gears around every day.
Old 01-12-2002, 09:04 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by CRMax

Just be patient. It took me over 4 months and trip across 6 states to get mine. Everyone told me I was nuts to go to that length just to get a manual. I think plenty of people here would back me up.

And it is sooooo worth it. I love slaping those gears around every day.
well dang....ya'll are making me feel guilty.....I just walked onto the lot and the manual was there.....my problem was ..the car is not the lovely silver of the commericials...but I have NEVER seen a silver max on the road, and am beginning to think that the silver is only for commercials and ad's......

have you tried Maroone Nissan in Miami Florida?? you can find thier website by goiong to www.autonation.com, and then choose the dealer that you want....at the site you can also check to see what cars they have in stock!!

good luck

Old 01-12-2002, 09:20 PM

Originally posted by thicknes
..the car is not the lovely silver of the commericials...but I have NEVER seen a silver max on the road, and am beginning to think that the silver is only for commercials and ad's......

The car was probably Sterling Mist. It is not a pure silver although I wish it was such as the new Altima's silver. Sterling Mist is the closest the Max will get to silver for now. I think this is the color used in the commercials but for some reason the commercials look more silver.
Old 01-12-2002, 09:42 PM

I am amazed to read your stories that it is soo hard to find a Maxima with manual tranny. Here in Maryland, plenty are available. The ones without options are rare though, like a bare SE or GXE trims.
Old 01-13-2002, 06:45 AM

Originally posted by Y2KMaxGXE-R
I am amazed to read your stories that it is soo hard to find a Maxima with manual tranny. Here in Maryland, plenty are available. The ones without options are rare though, like a bare SE or GXE trims.
Perhaps the traffic in MD causes less demand for manual trannys.
Old 01-13-2002, 07:27 AM

Maybe I will be buying my Maxima from MD

Originally posted by jkratzer

Perhaps the traffic in MD causes less demand for manual trannys.
Old 01-13-2002, 11:46 AM

traffic isn't that bad here in the Baltimore area...
Old 01-13-2002, 12:04 PM

Originally posted by Y2KMaxGXE-R
traffic isn't that bad here in the Baltimore area...
I've never been to Baltimore but my company headquarters is in Baltimore(Northrop Grumman Electronic Systems) and I keep hearing that Baltimore and DC have grown together into one big Megalopolis. Any truth to that?