5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Carflector Users ??

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2002, 08:36 AM

Carflector Users ??

I just got my Carflector. I see that it attaches with tape plus optional screws. I was thinking that it would be screws only.

For those who use the Carflector how did you install ? With the tape it seems to be a somewhat 'permanent' install - I wouldn't like that.

I got the clear (paintable) for my Maj. Blue. I'll see how that looks and maybe have the inside of the Craflector painted to match the car.

Any comments appreciated.
Old 01-11-2002, 08:50 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Carflector Users ??

Originally posted by maxatlast
I just got my Carflector. I see that it attaches with tape plus optional screws. I was thinking that it would be screws only.

For those who use the Carflector how did you install ? With the tape it seems to be a somewhat 'permanent' install - I wouldn't like that.

I got the clear (paintable) for my Maj. Blue. I'll see how that looks and maybe have the inside of the Craflector painted to match the car.

I used screws only on mine, the tape was not required....Be sure to use the rubber isolator thingies (I'm sure there's a better word for them!) in the locations the directions suggest, they prevent the carflector from rubbing on the hood at speed.....
Old 01-11-2002, 09:15 AM
Very sound, Mike

Re: Re: Carflector Users ??

I just used the included tape. Didn't want to risk screwing and having it rub against the underhood paint.

Driven up to 100mph with it on with no problems. Also drove 70mph with it when a rock hit it and went flying over my roof with no problems.

I put the bump stops on the hood itself, others say they put it on the underside of the carflector.

Had it for around 2 months now with no problems whatsoever.

You can see my (dirty) car with it here
Old 01-11-2002, 12:59 PM

Re: Carflector Users ??

Originally posted by maxatlast

I tried it with just the tape but had problems at speed with it comming unglued. Later I added the screws and have no rubbing problem.

Also, I glued the rubber nubs to the inside of the carflector instead of the hood. Try putting a couple of them on in key places, go for a short but fast highway run, and then look to see if there is any rubbing on the paint. If so, add another nub there.

I have a black Max, so the black carflector looks great on mine.

The Max pixs are here http://w3.one.net/~jsp
Old 06-18-2002, 03:43 PM

Where can i buy this carflector for a good deal?
Old 06-19-2002, 05:36 AM

Originally posted by Deven2kStickMax
Where can i buy this carflector for a good deal?

I ordered mine about 10 months ago through Summit racing online....iirc, they were about $45 each.
Old 06-19-2002, 06:10 AM
Very sound, Mike

I got mine on E-Bay, can't recall the seller name though. Got it for $20+s/h (only bidder!)
Old 06-19-2002, 12:51 PM

Originally posted by soundmike
I got mine on E-Bay, can't recall the seller name though. Got it for $20+s/h (only bidder!)

Thanks guys, but i'm looking for the one that goes on the hood. Phydeaux will sell me his. He got a new one in a box that he didn't use yet. Anyways thanks again.
Old 06-19-2002, 12:56 PM
Very sound, Mike

Umm. It does go on the hood. Unless you're talking about something else like the MagnetBra
Old 06-19-2002, 07:27 PM

Umm. It does go on the hood. Unless you're talking about something else like the MagnetBra
Amigo i think you need to look at the one that's on Phydeaux's car. You will see that Carflector makes the bug/hood deflector or whatever you wanna call it. FYI visit carflector web site and you will learn . let me make life a little more easier for you check this
http://www.autobarn.net/xxxcarflector.html
Old 06-19-2002, 08:18 PM
Very sound, Mike

I know what a Carflector is, I have one. In fact i posted the installation instructions in the forum earlier on.

I said: "got it on ebay..."
You said: "but i'm looking for the one that goes on the hood..."
I said: "It does go on the hood..."
You said: "Carflector makes..."

Old 06-20-2002, 05:58 AM

Originally posted by Deven2kStickMax

Amigo i think you need to look at the one that's on Phydeaux's car. You will see that Carflector makes the bug/hood deflector or whatever you wanna call it. FYI visit carflector web site and you will learn . let me make life a little more easier for you check this
http://www.autobarn.net/xxxcarflector.html

I too have the same one that you've referenced in this link...not sure where the confusion came in at. Either way, I bought mine from summitracing for $45 last year....
Old 06-20-2002, 09:06 AM
Boost.....

Re: Re: Carflector Users ??

Originally posted by srbarnes4ever

...use the rubber isolator thingies (I'm sure there's a better word for them!) .....
Nipples.....

BTW, I used all the parts, tape and screws.
Old 06-20-2002, 05:03 PM

I know what a Carflector is, I have one. In fact i posted the installation instructions in the forum earlier on.

I said: "got it on ebay..."
You said: "but i'm looking for the one that goes on the hood..."
I said: "It does go on the hood..."
You said: "Carflector makes..."

So why you mentioned MagnetBra? I was not talking about MagnetBra. Anways no biggie. I reply to this post, because i wanted to know where i can buy it for cheap and i seen them on some cars here and they look hot n your car looks hot with it too...i'm out . thanks for the installation thing...
Old 06-20-2002, 05:26 PM
Very sound, Mike

"Thanks guys, but i'm looking for the one that goes on the hood."

So, i thought you didn't get what the Carflector was and thus why i mentioned that perhaps you were talking about the MagnetBra.

In any case, all is good. The 'flector has saved my Max a couple of times already from big flying rocks in the highway
Old 06-20-2002, 07:30 PM

"Thanks guys, but i'm looking for the one that goes on the hood."

So, i thought you didn't get what the Carflector was and thus why i mentioned that perhaps you were talking about the MagnetBra.

In any case, all is good. The 'flector has saved my Max a couple of times already from big flying rocks in the highway
yeah that's the purpose am getting one too. i used to had nose mask, but i gave it away since i have the body kit on now