5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

What next?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 05:39 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

What next?

Hey guys! I'm new to the maxima community, more so the JDM community. Had a 2001 Audi A4 1.8t Quattro manual, and it decided at 170k miles it was going to commit suicide... So now I have a 2001 Maxima AE, sadly it's auto . None the less, it has 70k miles and I still want to have fun with it. Essentially I would like to hear some opinions, if you don't mind, on what I should do next?! It's a black max, and I have the tails/markers with a 20% vinyl. Also a 1148 Vibrant muffler on a 3" custom catback, and the Injen CAI. I'm more of a performance person, rather than looks. I appreciate anything you guys have to say, thanks!
Old 02-19-2013, 07:51 PM

hit the suspension: coilovers, bushings etc- rear sway bar...still the only mod so far that made me go "woah"

headers to go with your catback and Im not sure if 01's have the manifold spacer kit..if they do...get that

any combination of those should take care of you going into summer.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:36 PM

welcome and congrats on the new whip your engine is very good to s/c or turbo thats the only reason why i would get a 01 rather then my 03. i use to have a 00 loved it but funny i liked it more then i like my 03 prob cause i was attached to the car since it was my first car.

and im more into performance then looks with my maxima. 1 cause maximas arent really too pretty to start off imo except the 7th gens damn lol. when i got mine it had cf hood, body kit ect. i took all of it off and bought stock body parts. its a race car in disguise now
Old 02-19-2013, 09:21 PM
Get Off My Lawn

My only suggestion is that you get a vanity plate that says: BRCHCHO (7 letters). Brochacho, that is by far one of the best screen names I've ever seen!! LOL!!

Ok, back to your regularly scheduled thread.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:09 AM
Banned

Stickers add 5hp each so add lots of them !ots a proven fact the surface of the sticker is slicker then the paint whish gives it a more Aerodynamic flow..
Old 02-20-2013, 07:49 AM

http://www.nwpengineering.com/Phenol...s.html#VQ30DEK

Header/y-pipe from cattman would free up some decent ponies. Test pipe or high flow cat, A tuning method.

As for the injen.. well everyone here would back me up when I say that intake blows.. It sits right behind the hot radiator sucking up hot air. I know that the de-k benifits off of a longer intake length than the vq35de so if there is a way to modify it to move its location it would then be a true CAI.