5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Had people surrounding my car today!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2002, 05:25 PM
RussMaxManiac

Had people surrounding my car today!!

I went to the dealer today to look for a clip that holds my clock display down (one fell in the dash ), anways, when I walked out there was like 3 people standing in front of my car gauking over the front end. 2nd time this has happened when I went to the dealer. They saw me walking up and asked, is this your car. I was like yep, its mine. Man I like that grill!!! Where you get it. Told him where, how much, told him that. Hehe...he said he just bought a maxima and wanted to get that grill. I was like, oh really? He pointed to it. He was saying oh I hated the tails of the 2002 though, so I bought the 2001 tails. I was like, well about hte grill. It won't fit your car. You have a bigger grill design than my year. He was like you have the same year I do. I was like nope . I put the 2k2 lights on my car. He was like, damn!! It looked just like mine, but actually looks alot better!

We talked for a while, showed him other goodies, and gave him the links to both max.org and here. So he might be showing up soon. He was a nice guy and hopefully got him to join the club.

The grills have really caused alot of attention...people look all the time. Time for the Valence!

Old 01-11-2002, 05:28 PM
Administrator

personally i think the grill is hideous.. too much mesh..
Old 01-11-2002, 05:32 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

so mean....thegrill looks pretty good
Old 01-11-2002, 05:34 PM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

I like it
Old 01-11-2002, 05:38 PM
Mauja He Mauja

Originally posted by SprintMax
personally i think the grill is hideous.. too much mesh..
COPY THAT!! PRAISE THE LORD
Old 01-11-2002, 05:41 PM

Its cool......but the TRENZ GRILL if its ever produced will look BETTER
Old 01-11-2002, 06:39 PM
PhatGuy

You should get Kev to drop by that dealership!!

Old 01-11-2002, 07:06 PM
Very sound, Mike

LOL! reminds me... when i was over at the Toyota dealership bringing my mom over for a test drive.

The moment i parked and went with my mom to the business office all the car salesmen (around 7 of them) started moving towards my car. I didn't mind it until i walked out and i saw all of them just oogling at my Max. They practically surrounded it.

Since i just washed and waxed i didn't want to have marks all over it so I played with them by making the alarm chirp.

Anyway, long story short when my mom and i went back they just sort of looked at me smiling. One guy gave a thumbs up.

And to make the experience feel better, i drove around the lot once really slowly while all these other car buyers looked at my car with the HID's on (it was dusk).

Oh, here's the best part. A week later my mom got a Max too!
Old 01-11-2002, 07:10 PM
RussMaxManiac

hahaha!!!

good for your mom!

Originally posted by soundmike
LOL! reminds me... when i was over at the Toyota dealership bringing my mom over for a test drive.

The moment i parked and went with my mom to the business office all the car salesmen (around 7 of them) started moving towards my car. I didn't mind it until i walked out and i saw all of them just oogling at my Max. They practically surrounded it.

Since i just washed and waxed i didn't want to have marks all over it so I played with them by making the alarm chirp.

Anyway, long story short when my mom and i went back they just sort of looked at me smiling. One guy gave a thumbs up.

And to make the experience feel better, i drove around the lot once really slowly while all these other car buyers looked at my car with the HID's on (it was dusk).

Oh, here's the best part. A week later my mom got a Max too!

Old 01-11-2002, 07:13 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

do they come in black too?
Old 01-11-2002, 07:15 PM
Very sound, Mike

Yep. Here's what irritated me though, she got an awesome deal! The car she wanted wasn't on the lot and they really wanted to sell her a car before the end of the year.

So, she got a 2k2 SE base model with a sunroof ($700 invoice value) for the price of the 2k2 SE base model without a sunroof (e.g. mine!)

NOt to mention she got $2,000 off MSRP *AND* a $500 rebate from Nissan *AND* 3.9% financing for 5 years!

Long story short, she got a teeny bit more car than me and she's paying $40 less a month for the next 5 years. (And i should add that i had more DP for my car than she did)

Oh well. I'm happy with the Max no matter what... except perhaps the fact that it's an auto... heheheehehe...

Originally posted by RussMaxManiac
hahaha!!!

good for your mom!

Old 01-11-2002, 07:25 PM

Originally posted by soundmike
Yep. Here's what irritated me though, she got an awesome deal! The car she wanted wasn't on the lot and they really wanted to sell her a car before the end of the year.

So, she got a 2k2 SE base model with a sunroof ($700 invoice value) for the price of the 2k2 SE base model without a sunroof (e.g. mine!)

NOt to mention she got $2,000 off MSRP *AND* a $500 rebate from Nissan *AND* 3.9% financing for 5 years!

Long story short, she got a teeny bit more car than me and she's paying $40 less a month for the next 5 years. (And i should add that i had more DP for my car than she did)

Oh well. I'm happy with the Max no matter what... except perhaps the fact that it's an auto... heheheehehe...

don't matter...ur still faster than a whole lot more cars...even with ur auto..
Old 01-11-2002, 07:34 PM
Administrator

you should have told her to by the 6spd and traded cars with her
Old 01-11-2002, 09:36 PM

Personally no offence but its damn cheesy telling a story like this.
Old 01-11-2002, 09:49 PM

Originally posted by irvine78
do they come in black too?
don't think so, but u could always paint it. i found a bottle of spray paint at home depote that is metallic black with those silver powder in it. good stuff.
Old 01-11-2002, 10:18 PM
PhatGuy

Originally posted by max'n out
Imagine the day in the life of Kev? When he has it supa low, bov going, nice body kit, etc... He must have stories for dayz...

FYI Cheese = fromage in french

Old 01-11-2002, 10:22 PM

Originally posted by PhatGuy

Imagine the day in the life of Kev? When he has it supa low, bov going, nice body kit, etc... He must have stories for dayz...

FYI Cheese = fromage in french
Imagine??? Don't have to. I have so many stories If i posted them all I'd clog the whole server with them. But you don't see me post them cuz I let the car speak for it self.
Old 01-11-2002, 10:26 PM
PhatGuy

Imagine??? Don't have to. I have so many stories If i posted them all I'd clog the whole server with them. But you don't see me post them cuz I let the car speak for it self.
Next up body kit? Your ride is tight fo' sho'!

Old 01-11-2002, 10:46 PM

Next up body kit? Your ride is tight fo' sho'!
Maybe maybe not. I like um all. But theres parts about all of them that aren't detailed enough for me. I'm all about details. Right now I'm thinking about 2k2 side skirts just to clean up the side a lil. Plus when i put it anther 1 inch lower may not clear with big kit. But who knows Ive gone back and forth for 3 years.
Old 01-11-2002, 11:18 PM
Telus.net

Maybe maybe not. I like um all. But theres parts about all of them that aren't detailed enough for me. I'm all about details. Right now I'm thinking about 2k2 side skirts just to clean up the side a lil. Plus when i put it anther 1 inch lower may not clear with big kit. But who knows Ive gone back and forth for 3 years.
You want a cheesy looking body kit?

Old 01-12-2002, 12:20 AM

Originally posted by K Pazzo 6
Its cool......but the TRENZ GRILL if its ever produced will look BETTER
Can't wait!
Old 01-12-2002, 07:46 AM
Very sound, Mike

Personally, i think the reason me and some people tell stories like this here at the Org is because we have similar cars and can understand each other more. (Birds of the same feather... )

It's pretty evident given how many people normally respond to a post. I was telling stories to friends at work (who started the whole topic about my car) and for some reason it just doesn't feel right talking to them about Maxima's.

It shows on their faces too...

Old 01-12-2002, 09:27 AM

Originally posted by CharlieNewbieMax

don't think so, but u could always paint it. i found a bottle of spray paint at home depote that is metallic black with those silver powder in it. good stuff.
You could probably get it powdercoated. I might try this once my warranty expires and I start "upgrading" my Max.
Old 01-12-2002, 10:38 AM
PhatGuy

Don't bother with the 2k2 side skirts.

Your splash guards will not work, you would have to get the '02
ones which run $77.08. The pre-painted side sills with all the attaching hardware add up to $879.28.

At that price you might as well get a full prepainted AE kit or the Stillen Kit. Unless you can get those 2k2 skirts used.

Old 01-12-2002, 11:44 AM

Don't bother with the 2k2 side skirts.

Your splash guards will not work, you would have to get the '02
ones which run $77.08. The pre-painted side sills with all the attaching hardware add up to $879.28.

At that price you might as well get a full prepainted AE kit or the Stillen Kit. Unless you can get those 2k2 skirts used.
The 2k2 skirts illimnate the mud gards all together. The splash gaurds are somtihng different...thats what stop water from splashing under the engine. AND NO The 2k2 side skirts come painted at 298.00...I already checked. And all aftermarket body kits get rid of mud gaurds anyway.
Old 01-12-2002, 01:03 PM

uh oh

personally I think it's offensive to use the word "cheese" in a derogatory way. In doing so you are offending many dairy and cheese producing farmers across the U.S. and Canada. If the Redskins cant be the Redskins anymore, why degrade dairy and dairy by-product producers??
Old 01-12-2002, 01:39 PM

Re: uh oh

Originally posted by LeoB

personally I think it's offensive to use the word "cheese" in a derogatory way. In doing so you are offending many dairy and cheese producing farmers across the U.S. and Canada. If the Redskins cant be the Redskins anymore, why degrade dairy and dairy by-product producers??
Leave my skins out of this!!!!!! Theve got enough problems
Old 01-12-2002, 01:45 PM

I have the valence part of the grill on my car now, VERY hot, I orderd the main grille piece yesterday. but I will NOT, I repeat, will NOT be puting the Nissan emblem back on. It kills the whole thing.

Every time I go to Nissan all the guys there just drool over my car.
Old 01-12-2002, 02:24 PM
RussMaxManiac

Originally posted by ItalianMax2kSE
I have the valence part of the grill on my car now, VERY hot, I orderd the main grille piece yesterday. but I will NOT, I repeat, will NOT be puting the Nissan emblem back on. It kills the whole thing.

Every time I go to Nissan all the guys there just drool over my car.
Trust me, you will want to put the emblem back on if you do not cut the stock grill out. You will see the big flat plastic of the grill where the emblem was showing through the grill. It hides it.

Old 01-12-2002, 05:11 PM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

I'm not a big fan of the Russ's grill either, but as long as he likes it and other people do to, it's fine and dandy. I much prefer the sinister all black look myself

I was walking into Home Depot one morning when a guy went past me and told me he liked my BMW. I was speechless....

Dave
Old 01-12-2002, 06:50 PM

Originally posted by Dave B
I'm not a big fan of the Russ's grill either, but as long as he likes it and other people do to, it's fine and dandy. I much prefer the sinister all black look myself

I was walking into Home Depot one morning when a guy went past me and told me he liked my BMW. I was speechless....

Dave
Some guys have ALL the luck!

Last time I made a run to Home Depot in my Max, I nearly got broadsided by some idiot in a GMC pickup!

Idiot pickup truck drivers
Old 01-12-2002, 08:15 PM

Originally posted by Dave B

Dave
The pic doesn't do it justice. I didn't think it was that great till I saw it in person - it looks good.
Old 01-12-2002, 09:37 PM

Originally posted by 2k1GrayMaxSE

Some guys have ALL the luck!

Last time I made a run to Home Depot in my Max, I nearly got broadsided by some idiot in a GMC pickup!

Idiot pickup truck drivers
Last time I went I got a tire puncture from a nail
Old 01-13-2002, 12:46 AM
PhatGuy

The 2k2 skirts illimnate the mud gards all together. The splash gaurds are somtihng different...thats what stop water from splashing under the engine. AND NO The 2k2 side skirts come painted at 298.00...I already checked. And all aftermarket body kits get rid of mud gaurds anyway.
Well that was a quote straight from Dave Burnette from a couple of days ago. Triple check your info because the 2k2 I have seen only had one set of painted mud guards (could be wrong but the back ones) had the side skirts and missing the front ones (or other way around.. can't remember)? Can a 2k2 owner verify this either way? So as far as you know can the 2k2 side skirts install easily if you have both front and back painted mud guards (from a 2k or 2k1 like the AE)? Where did you get the 298.00 quote from? Is that for one or both skirts? Do you know if there is any other install hardware?

Old 01-13-2002, 01:09 AM

Well that was a quote straight from Dave Burnette from a couple of days ago. Triple check your info because the 2k2 I have seen only had one set of painted mud guards (could be wrong but the back ones) had the side skirts and missing the front ones (or other way around.. can't remember)? Can a 2k2 owner verify this either way? So as far as you know can the 2k2 side skirts install easily if you have both front and back painted mud guards (from a 2k or 2k1 like the AE)? Where did you get the 298.00 quote from? Is that for one or both skirts? Do you know if there is any other install hardware?
I've seen a few 2k2s with front bodycolored splashguards..
Old 01-13-2002, 01:50 AM
PhatGuy

Ok so if I go with the 2k2 skirts I gotta take off the front AE mud guards and get 2k2 front mud guards? (if I want them).

Check out this thread:

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?threadid=90797

Old 01-13-2002, 07:59 AM

Trust me, you will want to put the emblem back on if you do not cut the stock grill out. You will see the big flat plastic of the grill where the emblem was showing through the grill. It hides it.
You did not cut the stock one out? Then how did you do it?

Joe
Old 01-13-2002, 08:20 AM

Re: Had people surrounding my car today!!

We talked for a while, showed him other goodies, and gave him the links to both max.org and here. So he might be showing up soon. He was a nice guy and hopefully got him to join the club.
you know what's really focked up? I've had that happen four or five times (like where someone checked my car out, seemed really into it, and had a Max or i30 themselves, then I give them max.org info) and they never actually show up on the board.

People are weird.

lol
Old 01-13-2002, 08:22 AM

if you let the car speak for itself, then why do you put stuff in your sig?

Old 01-13-2002, 11:31 AM

I don't need to triple check anything. I got the info first hand. Not third hand. Go to a dealer and look then ask for the price outof the book. $298pr and they come painted. Hit home depot $1 doller is screws. then .50C in double tape. Then 5 min to put on.

Quick Reply: Had people surrounding my car today!!