5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Voltage Stabilizer

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 04:48 PM

Voltage Stabilizer

Awhile ago I posted in the "newb question" thread ( http://forums.maxima.org/8743092-post16076.html ) and really did not get an answer to my question. The Import Tuner test had some pretty interesting results, but I wondered how it compared to just a basic grounding and/or "big three" upgrade. Since nobody could share there feedback from actual use, what the heck... I'll throw some money away! I ended up getting the Sun Automobile model which came with three grounding wires (hmm). + and - from the stabilizer to the battery and the ground wires go off the voltage stabilizer to three grounding locations. I chose alternator post, the motor itself (by auto trans dipstick), and the body (strut post). I felt that I had a bigger "umph" on the low end, and just a little more mid-high rpm. BUT, this is just the placebo effect, right?

My wife didn't know that I installed this thing (let alone bought it). She just got home a little bit ago and said something to me about how the car "is" now. I guess she chirped the wheels a couple times by accident and noticed how bright the headlights are now (she asked if I changed the bulbs). Her comments are what led me to post about this again.

So, I guess I have to conclude that these do work (whatever that is exactly). BUT I STILL ASK MYSELF... how are these results compared to just a basic big three??? This weekend I plan on doing some voltage tests with and without this thing, and will use those three ground wires for a big three and do the same. Not much else that I can actually "test" I guess. No access to a dyno or anything. Open for suggestions, and information as always.