5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Thanks for the help code 1320 and AirBag

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 05:02 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thanks for the help code 1320 and AirBag

Just wanted to say thanks to the forum.

I've been lurking around a little because I have a 2000 Maxima we are selling.
It's a decent looking car and runs well but I've been having some problems with both 1320 and the airbag light has been flashing.

After reading about these "after-market" coils and 1320, I just returned a Made-In-Poland coil back to Advance. I informed them that while the car was running ok on it (no misfire) I was selling the car and couldn't have a tripped Check Engine Light on since a buyer wouldn't understand why it was on.

I also have two other Advance after-market coils that were already in it. I just ordered six used OEM coils off of Ebay and I'm hoping that replacing some of these after market coils will get rid of this 1320.

I also reset the Airbag light with directions I found here (Just turning the key on and off three times as soon as the airbag light went out did it)- In diagnostic mode to me it looked like it just showed one flash. It would pause and then show another long flash. It's gone for now, but can someone point me in the right direction of a post showing where these harnesses and connectors are in case I need to investigate further?

In addition, has anyone contacted Advance corporate regarding these made-in-Poland coils? After verifying 100% that it is a problem being caused by these coils, I'd rather not keep them. I can not just return them to the store because they have been in the car longer than 90 days but are covered by a lifetime warranty. Heck, even store credit would be fine, I buy stuff there all the time.

Thanks again.
Attached Thumbnails Thanks for the help code 1320 and AirBag-maximaweb1.jpg  

Last edited by graphixv; 06-27-2013 at 05:16 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:45 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

face the music

Well, I got the OEM coils in and so far it appears the code 1320 has vanished!

I do think it is unfair that Advance will not even give me store credit for the faulty "made in Poland" coils. After all, I did have to spend more time and money replacing them. So much for a lifetime warranty. More like a lifetime of receiving the same defective coils!