5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Keep blowing fuses and rear door will not open

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 12:30 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Keep blowing fuses and rear door will not open

Hey guys I have a 2003 Nissan Maxima SE. Keep blowing fuses for the radio and heater. Any suggestions and why this keeps happening? Also
My rear drivers side door will not open from the inside or outside. There is no access that I can find other then to drill through the wheel well. Anyone know how to solve this as well? REally frustrating stuff here.
Old 11-21-2013, 11:07 AM

The 2 fuses blowing are separate problems, no connection between the 2.

Insufficient information to answer the questions with any certainty.

The radio uses 2 fuses, so the question is: which one?

There is one under the hood and one in the dash. Both fuses also power other things besides the radio, so the radio may not be at fault. My first guess is that is is most likely the one in the dash. This fuse also used by the: tail lights, fog lights, interior lights, door chime, auto seat positioner, power window, sunroof, door lock remote and more.

Does the fuse blow right away when you put in a new one? Unplug the radio and put in a fuse and see what happens.

When you say the heater, do you mean the fan?

The fuses for the blower motor (fan) are under the hood. Unlike the radio, these fuses (there are 2 of them) do not power anything else. But there are 2 things that could blow those fuses - the blower motor itself and the speed control circuit. And there are 2 different speed control circuits. There is the manual climate control and the auto climate control. Of the 2 controls, the auto climate control is more likely to blow the fuses. The speed control device is generically referred to as a blower motor resistor, but it is a different part for each of the control systems. The auto climate control has a LED panel that displays the temperature setting. The manual climate control has a lever that you slide in order to set the temperature.

But on a 10 year old car, I kind of lean towards the blower motor itself. I lean further if you have the manual controls.

The door problem I am not sure how to approach that. However, drilling the car body is definitely not the way. There have been other people here on the org that have had this problem. Search for door won't open or something like that.