5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

C1106???

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 01:23 PM

C1106???

Ok.... I have a 02 maxima and I have a abs problem. I bought the car with the abs light on and a terrible howl that turned out to be the drivers rear hub bearing so the whole hub was changed.Now I start the car and after driving up to 30 mph the ABS light come on and I get the code C1106 RR LH Sensor-2 . When I google the code the comes up to replace the drivers side rear abs sensor and I did so but I am still getting the code. What else can I look at???
Old 11-21-2013, 03:37 PM

I never seen a C1106, usually i see with a B on it, which is the brake codes. what you probably need to see if the hub that was change has a tone ring, it looks like a gear, since I know a lot of hub assembly at auto parts store do not have tone ring on it. That probably what absence of the tone ring on the hub assembly. You would have to get one from the dealer, not easy to get it on. I know Timken bearing do not come with tone ring. But Autozone Duralast brand has one already. I had noticed it.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:11 PM

C codes are for abs. that is what I have read. the new hub came from pep boys and had a abs ring already in place.