5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

01 Max with problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 08:41 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

01 Max with problems

Alright I have an 01 maxima that has a load of problems. I bought it back in 2009 and it was perfect but I was a junior in High School and rallied it in the Oregon desert.

Recently I had the radiator subframe replaced but it may not have been the right size, as the new bumper didn't fit on properly either.

Now what I am looking for some pointers on is this list.
1) horns. My security alarm went off and I couldn't turn it off as I didn't have my keys and I just pulled the horns off, with the little black electrical plugs.
2) Air "ducts." The car eat for two tears and after a rat infestation and a following cat infestation the ducts have rat droppings in the ducts and I don't know how to get into the duct to clean them out.

That's it for now. Any help would be welcomed and if I figure out how to use this I'll upload some pics of my maxi.

Shalom.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by tinymotoking
Alright I have an 01 maxima that ...

Now what I am looking for some pointers on is this list.

1) horns. My security alarm went off and I couldn't turn it off as I didn't have my keys and I just pulled the horns off, with the little black electrical plugs.

2) Air "ducts." The car eat for two tears and after a rat infestation and a following cat infestation the ducts have rat droppings in the ducts and I don't know how to get into the duct to clean them out.

That's it for now. Any help would be welcomed and if I figure out how to use this I'll upload some pics of my maxi.

Shalom.
What is your question with the horns? You pull the wires off, you plug the wires back on.

You didn't say, but I am going to assume that the critters were in the inside air ducts. In this situation, good luck. You can't really "get into" the ducts. Removing the air ducts for a first timer is probably at least a 4 day job. Believe me, it is not an easy job. It just might be easier to pick the car up and shake the sheet out.

About all you can realistically do is just run the blower motor with the air coming out on the floor. Tap/pound on the ducts to shake the stuff loose. Take out the air filter before you do this for maximum air flow. If you are concerned with germs, spray some lysol in the air intake while you do this.