5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Central OH Maximas!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2002, 10:36 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Central OH Maximas!!!

Just wondering...

Anyone out there from the Cleveland/COLUMBUS/Cincinnati, Ohio area? I have a feeling all of you scrubs are LIVIN' IT UP in SoCal, though

I see enuff Maximas in Columbus (some are really well done custom cars)...we need to band together to fight the enemy coming out of Marysville! (AKA Honda!!!) Spring is just around the corner...
Old 01-21-2002, 08:10 AM

Re: Central OH Maximas!!!

Originally posted by zeitgeist57
Just wondering...

Anyone out there from the Cleveland/COLUMBUS/Cincinnati, Ohio area? I have a feeling all of you scrubs are LIVIN' IT UP in SoCal, though

I see enuff Maximas in Columbus (some are really well done custom cars)...we need to band together to fight the enemy coming out of Marysville! (AKA Honda!!!) Spring is just around the corner...
yep, quite a few, check check out the regional forums for more info....We has a meet in columbus this past summer (sentra/alty/max meet)
Old 01-21-2002, 11:29 AM

Re: Central OH Maximas!!!

Just wondering...

Absolutely! I'm in Columbus, Westerville to be exact... unfortunately most of the Maxs I've seen are owned by older women who could care less what they drive as long as it's leather... Met a few guys who drive Maxs tho, that last meet was pretty kewl, too bad I had to work and leave early we need to do another one!

I'm not doing any more mods until the weather warms up... tinting is better in the summer anyway and my fingers would go numb trying to install a FSTB!
Old 01-21-2002, 11:53 AM

I am in the Dublin area but do not own a max. I was probably going to get one this Spring with LSD, but got engaged so priority with money has kind of changed. Looks like the Camry will be around for at least another year.
Old 01-22-2002, 05:51 AM

Cool! I'll check out the regional site.

I'm in Upper Arlington and I work downtown. I'd be interested in checking out a Maxima or just plain Nissan meet. Hope to see you guys there!

Also, I'm a serious car nut (installed a FSTB three weeks ago at 11pm with a flashlight and my toolbox in 15 degree weather!) but have a limited budget as well. If anyone needs a hand when working on your Max, email me and I'll give you my phone #. It's in my blood...I LOVE working on cars!
Old 01-22-2002, 07:55 AM
Old Fuddy Duddy

Cool! I'll check out the regional site.

I'm in Upper Arlington and I work downtown. I'd be interested in checking out a Maxima or just plain Nissan meet. Hope to see you guys there!

Also, I'm a serious car nut (installed a FSTB three weeks ago at 11pm with a flashlight and my toolbox in 15 degree weather!) but have a limited budget as well. If anyone needs a hand when working on your Max, email me and I'll give you my phone #. It's in my blood...I LOVE working on cars!
he he, I stopped doing that. To many brake jobs, installs in sub 20 degree weather.... I have no fingertips left due to frostbite! I am in Cincy and Columbus is but a short 45 minute trip for me...(quicker if I ride my bike )
Old 01-22-2002, 03:53 PM

ok... you guys are sooooo good with cars j/k seriosuly,does anyone know of a decent tint place?? I tried the Ziebart on Sawmill and the guy was not kewl barely giving me the time of day... he told me he will only do 50% charcoal on any given window. I know in some freak situations the tinting place can be held liable if they don't cover their a**es, but I need someone that'll do a decent tint job of something around 35% of whatever looks kicka** on a sterling mist.
Old 01-22-2002, 04:08 PM

Northern Cincy here

I'm in Mason, a northern suburb of the Cincinnati area, which is halfway between Dayton and Cincy.
Old 01-22-2002, 10:21 PM

Originally posted by Spudskier
ok... you guys are sooooo good with cars j/k seriosuly,does anyone know of a decent tint place?? I tried the Ziebart on Sawmill and the guy was not kewl barely giving me the time of day... he told me he will only do 50% charcoal on any given window. I know in some freak situations the tinting place can be held liable if they don't cover their a**es, but I need someone that'll do a decent tint job of something around 35% of whatever looks kicka** on a sterling mist.
try another ziebart. I got mine done in dayton with 35% on sides and 20% on rear. It says on my reciept that "customer knows illegal darkness of tint"

And, seems like sterling mist is the color in OH!
Old 01-23-2002, 05:27 AM

Originally posted by theMax

try another ziebart. I got mine done in dayton with 35% on sides and 20% on rear. It says on my reciept that "customer knows illegal darkness of tint"

And, seems like sterling mist is the color in OH!
Any trouble with the police yet? I read that Ohio only allows 50% all around. I want the tint that you have but I don't want to be pulled over and forced to have the tint removed.
Old 01-23-2002, 05:59 AM
Old Fuddy Duddy

Originally posted by jkratzer

Any trouble with the police yet? I read that Ohio only allows 50% all around. I want the tint that you have but I don't want to be pulled over and forced to have the tint removed.
I have had my last three cars tinted, Taurus, Probe and now the Max. I was pulled over on 275 by Forrest Fair by the SHP and the Probe had 80% all around. Nothing was mentioned, of course I rolled down the windows and the stop was in the morning.

On the Max I did not tint as dark as I have Like 65% all the way around. Dark enought to protect the interior, but not dark enough to attract as much attention in this area.

You are correct though, Ohio state law is 50% on all windows except windshield. 50% is useless, it does nothing.
Old 01-23-2002, 08:26 AM
is invisible

C-town

That's Cleveland.

btw, I have a lowly 3rd gen.
Old 01-23-2002, 10:11 AM

Now we're getting a following...

I like what I see...

We've got C-Town, Cinci/Dayton, and the 'Bus....I think we have enough for an Ohio Maxima Car Club!

Hey, is Mobil 1 oil considered a mod? If so, I'm changing my signature !

Sooooo...everyone's first homework assignment is to sign in at least ONCE on the Regional section of the forum to account for everyone in OH. Dig?
Old 01-23-2002, 11:08 AM

Originally posted by jkratzer

nope, no problems, but then again I avoid driving like an a$$ or hanging lots of illegal lights on my car also.
Old 01-23-2002, 04:11 PM

Not ALL Max's in OH are Sterling Silver...some of us had to pick from the dealer lot!!!

FYI, National Trail Dragstrip just east of Columbus is open every Wednesday for Grudge Night and then Fridays for Test and Tune. I smell an outing...and I've never raced my Max!
Old 01-23-2002, 05:59 PM

Not ALL Max's in OH are Sterling Silver...some of us had to pick from the dealer lot!!!

FYI, National Trail Dragstrip just east of Columbus is open every Wednesday for Grudge Night and then Fridays for Test and Tune. I smell an outing...and I've never raced my Max!
lets go! Pick a date.

1/4 mile only, or autocross racing?
Old 01-24-2002, 05:27 AM

1/4 mile dragstrip...I've never autocrossed before, but wanted to.

Anybody know of AutoX races in Columbus during the warmer months?

Sounds like IndyMax 2k2 will have some racing action!