5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Looking for suggestions on what to do.. sell here, or demod and give back.

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2002, 09:16 AM

Looking for suggestions on what to do.. sell here, or demod and give back.

I'm a little torn between a few options I will have come this July when the lease on my 2k SE 5spd Max is up.

Here are my options:
-Demod it [PR CAI, HKS Exhaust, Stillen RSB, Courtesy FSTB, Cattman CA spec Y-pipe, Stainless Brake lines, Tokico Blue's with GC Coils and Eibach springs, an aftermarket set of 17" Konig rims with 235x45x17 Kuhmo Ecsta 712's (about 6K on them), a brand new set of the stock 16" wheels and tires, Alpine CDA-7949 Head Unit, Polk Audio Components inside powered by Alpine 65x4, Two Rockford 12" HX2's in a sealed enclosure in the trunk powered by a Rockford 800a2 (400x2) inline with a 1 farad Rockford Capacitor] It shouldnt take me more than a few weeks to de-mod. I am over the 45K mileage by about 7k.. so thats gonna cost me a little under 2k I think.. which I'm ok with.

-Try and sell it all modded for a little more than the buy out price (I'm not looking to make up any money on the deal.. I kind of want out of the car) The buyout is approx 14 or 15k. 14.5 maybe? I'll edit and revise later.

-Finance the car and buy it and continue to try and enjoy this hobby.

Do you think anyone would be interested in purchasing it, or am I better off pursuing of the last two options..

I appreciate the feedback.. I've been struggling with what to do.
Old 01-23-2002, 10:08 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Looking for suggestions on what to do.. sell here, or demod and give back.

Originally posted by foozed
I'm a little torn between a few options I will have come this July when the lease on my 2k SE 5spd Max is up.

Here are my options:
-Demod it [PR CAI, HKS Exhaust, Stillen RSB, Courtesy FSTB, Cattman CA spec Y-pipe, Stainless Brake lines, Tokico Blue's with GC Coils and Eibach springs, an aftermarket set of 17" Konig rims with 235x45x17 Kuhmo Ecsta 712's (about 6K on them), a brand new set of the stock 16" wheels and tires, Alpine CDA-7949 Head Unit, Polk Audio Components inside powered by Alpine 65x4, Two Rockford 12" HX2's in a sealed enclosure in the trunk powered by a Rockford 800a2 (400x2) inline with a 1 farad Rockford Capacitor] It shouldnt take me more than a few weeks to de-mod. I am over the 45K mileage by about 7k.. so thats gonna cost me a little under 2k I think.. which I'm ok with.

-Try and sell it all modded for a little more than the buy out price (I'm not looking to make up any money on the deal.. I kind of want out of the car) The buyout is approx 14 or 15k. 14.5 maybe? I'll edit and revise later.

-Finance the car and buy it and continue to try and enjoy this hobby.

Do you think anyone would be interested in purchasing it, or am I better off pursuing of the last two options..

I appreciate the feedback.. I've been struggling with what to do.

so...what is it that u want to do? sell ur mods?
Old 01-23-2002, 10:45 AM

I would try to sell the car with mods before the lease is up...
Old 01-23-2002, 10:52 AM

Re: Re: Looking for suggestions on what to do.. sell here, or demod and give back.

Originally posted by irvine78

so...what is it that u want to do? sell ur mods?
Actually.. I wasn't all that interested in selling them.. however, If I choose to de-mod and give the car back I assume I'd make an attempt at selling them, rather than just tossing them in the dumpster..

I'd really prefer to sell it all modded up though..
Old 01-23-2002, 01:42 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Damn you modded this car up the wazoo considering it was leased. Whoooooooweeeeeeee.

I mean I modded out my 98 Mazda Millenia when I had it, but I think you went way past me.

Only problem you have here is you will not get any money for the mods when you try to sell it. You might not get the buy price even with the mods. Tough market with the new 2k2 out.

I suggest give the car back, sell all your mods. You can expect AT LEAST a 75% return on all your mods. Just sell them on here. Everything you got on there is what half the people always want. CAI, Ypipe, Coilovers........

BTW, sell me the PRCAI if that is what you plan on doing.

Dixit
Old 01-23-2002, 01:51 PM

Originally posted by BigDogJonx
Damn you modded this car up the wazoo considering it was leased. Whoooooooweeeeeeee.

I mean I modded out my 98 Mazda Millenia when I had it, but I think you went way past me.

Dixit
Yeah.. I caught the bug at the time.. and was like.. Its a lease, so what! I love this car and am never getting rid of it!

almost 3 yrs later.. different story. I'm ready for my m3.
Old 01-23-2002, 02:57 PM

sell

your best bet is to try and sell the car as a whole. Try on this board.

If not, I would probaly keep the car, its hooked up nice.