5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

H&r

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2002, 06:16 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

H&r

...my rides been really bumpy ever since i put springs in.....it feels like my cars gonna fall apart and the rear wheels scrap the rear well alot.....does anyone know what they think the problem could be? Will getting an alignment help since ive never gotten one....help the bumpiness is unbearable and i have H&R!
Old 01-26-2002, 06:59 PM

Re: H&r

Originally posted by MaDxKiLLa
...my rides been really bumpy ever since i put springs in.....it feels like my cars gonna fall apart and the rear wheels scrap the rear well alot.....does anyone know what they think the problem could be? Will getting an alignment help since ive never gotten one....help the bumpiness is unbearable and i have H&R!
Bumpy like the car is waving up and down?

shocks wornout?

With the car parked push down on a corner of the car hard and let go.

The car should not bounce up and down more than 2 times. If it does the shocks may need replacing.
Old 01-26-2002, 07:29 PM

do you have to cut the bumpstops when you install H&R's?

I would imagine that if you didn't cut the bumpstops when they are supposed to be, that would account for some limited wheel travel accounting for the possible wheel scraping.
Old 01-26-2002, 09:53 PM

My H&R's have never scraped except when one of my rear shocks blew out. I would inspect the shocks to see if there is any visible liquid on the outside or give the car the "bounce test".
Old 01-27-2002, 05:18 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

hey mdeal how many coils do you have on your H&R maybe mine came cut or sumthin..
Old 01-27-2002, 06:32 AM

Originally posted by MaDxKiLLa
hey mdeal how many coils do you have on your H&R maybe mine came cut or sumthin..
if you just installed your RSB, check that for scrapes cuz a lot of them are installed too far back. that may not be the problem but it's a thought