5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

P1800 and EMC No Flow codes

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 11:29 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

P1800 and EMC No Flow codes

I got the codes read on my 2002 Maxima today, and was told about two codes. One was an emissions control code, I don't remember exactly what it was, I wasn't told the number, but I know it's a no-flow issue (will check again and post the code) and a P1800 code, which is a main "brain" problem, and seems to be pretty common in 200-2008 Maximas.

I was wondering if anyone knows whether or not fixing one will fix the other? The woman who checke the codes for me said that the no-flow might be a valve, I don't remember which one, and everything I read on the P1800 made it seem like it was most likely an emissions problem, or would cause problems in the EMC, and would either produce too much or too little power when exceeding 3000 RPMs.

If anyone knows anything about this, any information would be helpful, since I only have basic knowledge about vehicles, and the mechanics in my family haven't done much with Nissans, so they May not know either. Thank you.
Old 03-14-2017, 12:40 AM

Don't ever bet your life on what parts store people tell you because many times they are wrong. This is one of those many times.

P1800 is the VIAS control solenoid valve. It is attached to the intake manifold on the right (passenger) side.

See page 686 for more info. Also read pages 698 & 704

http://boredmder.com/FSMs/Nissan/Maxima/2002/EC.pdf

Last edited by DennisMik; 03-14-2017 at 12:43 AM.
Old 03-14-2017, 10:28 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by DennisMik
Don't ever bet your life on what parts store people tell you because many times they are wrong. This is one of those many times.

P1800 is the VIAS control solenoid valve. It is attached to the intake manifold on the right (passenger) side.

See page 686 for more info. Also read pages 698 & 704

http://boredmder.com/FSMs/Nissan/Maxima/2002/EC.pdf
I knew that that's what the P1800 was, I just forgot the name of It, so I was attempting to explain my understanding of what I read. The woman who helped me had never seen the P1800 so she didn't know what it was, the other code possible cause was an educated guess on her part, and I do intend to have it properly diagnosed.

Thank you, I will look at those when I get the chance.