5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

hello everyone im considering 5.5 gen headlights need some info

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2017, 11:31 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

hello everyone im considering 5.5 gen headlights need some info

hello everyone ive got a maxima with the factory halogen headlights im considering swapping over to a set with the HIDs (i know they are in a 4 lamp system verses my 2 lamp system i do like the look of the lights i think they really gove something more to the car but my question is what are they like to drive with (useing the normal bulbs and any reccamendation on bulbs to use colors and brands) also if you got any pictures or maybe a video of the output and a picture of the cutoff on a wall are they worth the effort to install? another question has anyone swapped in a clear lense in place of the amber one in the 5.5 headlights? i think they would look very clean with clear ones

any help with this mod would be a great help

also what year did they have the tail lights with the clear back turn signals?
Old 07-05-2017, 03:57 AM

Look a couple threads down on the first page.
Old 07-05-2017, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by Da-Sarge
hello everyone ive got a maxima with the factory halogen headlights im considering swapping over to a set with the HIDs (i know they are in a 4 lamp system verses my 2 lamp system i do like the look of the lights i think they really gove something more to the car but my question is what are they like to drive with (useing the normal bulbs and any reccamendation on bulbs to use colors and brands) also if you got any pictures or maybe a video of the output and a picture of the cutoff on a wall are they worth the effort to install? another question has anyone swapped in a clear lense in place of the amber one in the 5.5 headlights? i think they would look very clean with clear ones

any help with this mod would be a great help

also what year did they have the tail lights with the clear back turn signals?
do some research my friend, this is all way to documented for us to tell you all over again... these questions have been asked and answered and evolved for 15 years now.