5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Project Roxanne

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 10:05 PM

Project Roxanne

Got a 2001 Maxima and the plan is to rice it out Na, but I do plan to do a lot of body mods (DIY). And so, I learned a lot that may help the community or inspire some ideas. So here is my journey. I enjoy show cars, rather than racing in case you are wondering. I mean I don't see to much of point of fixing the engine if I ain't gonna use its full potential...yet . I'll post pics and updates on what I do.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BUMPER
Alright so here is the new and improved bumper. The bumper itself is fiber glass, I wrapped it 3m black, and the bumper came with no grilles or mesh, so I made my own. Honeycomb grill all around. The very bottom big square and both side vents have mesh and honeycomb as a grill. Then I added an N in the middle instead of the original logo. Got carbon fiber canards, and a carbon fiber lip. The splitter I made as well, i just got a big sheet of ABS plastic. I used a bunch of fastners to secure both the splitter and the lip. Any questions about the bumper feel free to ask.

Bolts and rod have done well with support. All was held good (driven it 120 mph) and all was good.
Also got custom plates (Majora) its from legend of zelda.

Last edited by SteveOKid; 04-10-2018 at 01:53 PM.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:08 PM

Also will be parting out supplies as I go through stuff.
Everything has been givenaway so all I got are
-Rear Light Signals (Red Side Lights)
-----------------------------------
Also would you prefer for me to make updates on the same post (up above this one so you wont need to scroll so much)
Or make a new post down below?

Last edited by SteveOKid; 04-10-2018 at 01:41 PM.
Old 04-10-2018, 05:44 AM

if it is all for looks... isnt it kinda rice? lol i feel ya , tho as long as you keep it classy. =)
you mind as well go VIP style
Old 04-10-2018, 10:01 AM
Got Retrofit?

Sounds interesting..
Old 04-10-2018, 12:02 PM

Old 04-10-2018, 01:55 PM

Prophecy- I suppose it is lol I'll do minor engine work, basic intake and exhaust just for ****s and giggles.
Cornholio- Sorry, i had to look through a bunch of images to find the picture of my car in its original form. I did lag on the pics but all is good now
Old 04-10-2018, 02:07 PM

sweet gtr bro. :P

Old 04-10-2018, 02:13 PM

lmfao thanks
Old 04-10-2018, 02:35 PM

are you going to get the cf hood and all that stuff? wing?
Old 04-10-2018, 02:45 PM

debating about a wing, gonna see how the car looks with the body kit. As for the hood no. I'm actually gonna do a design on the hood.
So the plan is,
Body Mod:
-lower it
-get some fenders
-new rims (black out)
-side skirts
-make a splitter for both side skirts and rear bumper
-vinyl wrap (debating between matte red or gloss black)
-Chrome Trim Removal
-Wind Deflectors
-Window Tint
-Headlights/Foglights
-Sound System
Performance Mod:
-air intake
-custom exhaust system
-new brake system
-TurboCharge (Along with everything that i need to update for it)
-Performance Chip (maybe, need to learn a little more about it)
Old 04-10-2018, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by SteveOKid
Also will be parting out supplies as I go through stuff.
Everything has been givenaway so all I got are
-Rear Light Signals (Red Side Lights)
-----------------------------------
Also would you prefer for me to make updates on the same post (up above this one so you wont need to scroll so much)
Or make a new post down below?
new post is good

i think you definitly need a wing to go with that bumper
Old 04-10-2018, 05:01 PM

Well that answers that. Gonna look into some wings
Old 04-11-2018, 04:41 AM

.... im trying to hang on and keep hope ... but man... this is rice... i am sorry....

if you went this far with the bumper, the splitter, and matching studded spikes... with out doing anything else so far... and not even painting the aggressive bumper... this car is in rice mode.

it can change for the better but... yea.... props for the ambition and plans...feel free to keep us posted.

fingers crossed you do some non rice things to balance out your project.

lower, wheels, fix headlights, would easily b3 3 thigns that bring this outa full rice mode depending on wheels. but at first glance with the condition of your headlights and then with the modifiied "hooked up" aggressive front end it clashes more than not being painted the same color of the car.

i am not trying to be mean, believe me, I am trying to help. get a headlight requrface kit at any auto store and see how that does, if not u need to go the full wet sand route, or replace. when replacing consider upgrading to the 5.5 gen headlights and you can have legit HID housings.
Old 04-11-2018, 06:45 AM

Na man I understand, but I believe with the direction i'm going, its gonna look rice before it looks nice. And as for the headlights I don't wanna spend money fixing them when I plan on buying new ones, feel me? So yea, I can't do everything at once. 1 step at a time. But I appreciate your critic no offense taken. Keep them finger crossed lol You are free to follow or not, but just check back up in a few months if you don't. Hopefully by then I'll have enough done to change your mind.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:26 AM

sounds great, yea im not going anywhere, and yea everything must start somewhere , I understand, props for doing it all yourself. tons of info around here if you look hard as well.

yea i remember a few moments here and there I had some rice vibes too, in-between mods or what not.
Old 04-11-2018, 04:04 PM

Have u been riceing out cars for a long time or just got into this one?
i'm 36 so i remember people riceing the hell out of civics or whatever maybe late 90s the peak of wings west ect. What made u go super riced out? For real just curious it's almost seems like a troll but too much money for a troll.
Old 04-11-2018, 04:25 PM

dam man. I just wanted to fix up my car and make it look nice. Geeze, didn't think there was anything wrong with that. Yall make it seem like its the worse thing ever. Like i said (if your question is a real question and you ain't trolling) I like going to car meets and seeing nice car. Exterior, interior and engine. Thats just what I like. So naturally, I'm going to fix my exterior, interior and engine. Call it rice or not, but thats my piece of crap that I like to fix up lol
Old 04-11-2018, 08:17 PM

I am someone that just loves to see the effort people put in to their vehicles. I think it's awesome. Myself, I like better versions of stock or inconspicuous mods. Even with stereo systems. So I wouldn't even add a spoiler. I do love going to shows and reading build logs that show all the crazy effort people put in. Keep us posted.
Old 04-18-2018, 03:03 AM

do you self a favor and use rust prevention in the rear wheel wells and quarter panels
Old 04-18-2018, 10:21 AM

Thanks man, really appreciate it. So I guess for now, the next update is I order some vinyl wrap to wrap most of the car. Hoping it'll be enough.
Old 04-18-2018, 10:24 AM

Oh, thats a first. Never really thought about doing that so will do that for sure. Thanks for the tip
Old 04-19-2018, 11:07 PM
Bad *** Newb

Does she put on the red light for you?
Old 04-19-2018, 11:10 PM

Red light?
Old 04-19-2018, 11:11 PM

She use to have an engine service light, but I already fixed that.
Old 04-20-2018, 02:29 AM
Bad *** Newb

Red light?
It's a The Police reference. Damn kids. GET OFF MY LAWN!

Old 04-20-2018, 11:07 AM

dam. straight flew over my head. lmfao ayeeee! (^.^)/
Old 04-20-2018, 11:08 AM

yea if any one didn't know, she is name after the song
Old 04-20-2018, 08:30 PM

Need GTR letters on the front grill asap
Old 04-21-2018, 02:13 AM

Thanks man, really appreciate it. So I guess for now, the next update is I order some vinyl wrap to wrap most of the car. Hoping it'll be enough.
they rust from the inside out.
Old 04-24-2018, 03:32 PM

hey gtr letters on the grill wont be a bad idea. Maybe I can use a font and make it say 5thG or something. I'll look into that
Old 04-24-2018, 03:45 PM

Fenders

Alright guys, got a lot of things coming in. First, got the new fenders. Check them out

-----------------------
Both Painted and clear coated (didn't care for the overall look, gonna get wrapped anyways)
Now I would give my 2 oem fenders away, but 1 of them is slightly broken due to a shredded bolt being stuck. I needed to cut around the bolt in order to remove the entire fender. So most likely, both fenders are going to the trash/recycle.
------------------------
Future Stuff:
Ok, so both fog lights and headlights just came in. I'm no wiring master, so gonna hit the books and learn how to wire them. (Halo lights.)
Second, rear bumper is in the process of getting a splitter, so that'll be added soon.
And lastly, the vinyl wrap is on its way here. I got a custom design for the hood, matte red for the body, and black for the trim delete.
Thats all for now.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:33 AM

nice job doing it all yourself, you need to add on the list some functional stuff to get away from full rice mode. at least look into some lowering springs and shocks meant for lowering (or do coilovers) and a set of wheels.

i hope that passenger side fender gap to the headlight will be fixed w the new headlights?
Old 04-25-2018, 12:53 PM

yea, I got lowering springs on the list, and i finally found some wheels I want. Only problem is...budget lol.
So for now, I think I'll paint the rims i have black, just as a temporary thing. And for lowering, just gotta save a bit more, the ones I wanted are like $800.
Old 04-25-2018, 12:56 PM

oh and the gap is because I have the headlights removed. Yea will be fix with the new headlights, at the time of the pic, I was removing the stock lights.
Taking awhile to add though cause, well I'm not too sure how to wire halo. Still learning. And thanks a ton, really appreciate man.
Old 04-30-2018, 07:38 PM

Sad News guys... gonna close the forum and probably the account. Tbh, really had positive thoughts about this but no so much, aside from all the comments (which I didn't mind) i got a package today. It was actually pretty funny, rice vinyl wrap. Lol, its original i give it that, but that's not my worry. My worry is that someone has my address some way some how and I'm just not too comfortable with that. I posted everywhere else, and nothing has happen until now (when i opened this forum) So, I mean im trying to pin point who it is, if its at least someone I know then ok its cool. but yea, not that many of you guys care lol but its close. Here is Roxanne's final picture.
I wired the halo lights, new led headlights and fog lights but not sure if you can see them, quick release install, (bumper hasn't been bolt on in this pic), added the rear bumper, and a splitter for the rear bumper.

(Might do a how to wire led lights cause damm it was a ***** figuring it out lmfao)
Honestly, I'm a bit sad since, well I wanted to be a part of the of the community but now i feel like i can't. I guess bottom line is, someone has my address and i'm just worried they do a prank/troll that might hurt my mother. I live with my mother yes, im only 19 years old (*feels you judging*) lol well guys twas a fun trial and error. Thanks for everything see ya.
Old 04-30-2018, 11:01 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Sad News guys... gonna close the forum and probably the account. Tbh, really had positive thoughts about this but no so much, aside from all the comments (which I didn't mind) i got a package today. It was actually pretty funny, rice vinyl wrap. Lol, its original i give it that, but that's not my worry. My worry is that someone has my address some way some how and I'm just not too comfortable with that. I posted everywhere else, and nothing has happen until now (when i opened this forum) So, I mean im trying to pin point who it is, if its at least someone I know then ok its cool. but yea, not that many of you guys care lol but its close. Here is Roxanne's final picture.
I wired the halo lights, new led headlights and fog lights but not sure if you can see them, quick release install, (bumper hasn't been bolt on in this pic), added the rear bumper, and a splitter for the rear bumper.

(Might do a how to wire led lights cause damm it was a ***** figuring it out lmfao)
Honestly, I'm a bit sad since, well I wanted to be a part of the of the community but now i feel like i can't. I guess bottom line is, someone has my address and i'm just worried they do a prank/troll that might hurt my mother. I live with my mother yes, im only 19 years old (*feels you judging*) lol well guys twas a fun trial and error. Thanks for everything see ya.
I HIGHLY doubt anyone on here would give a damn enough to do something along those lines. With all the meetups in the past, all the people doing business transactions and such, all the info being shared, not to mention such a prank would cost money (we are pretty cheap afterall) - I just dont see it happening here but i suppose anything is possible. Id personally say it is someone you actually know messing around with you. Hope you stay, I was lurking this thread and finding it quite entertaining. Regardless have fun ricing the max, definitely not my thing but its cool to see it all coming together.
Old 04-30-2018, 11:11 PM

yea what i was thinking too. i mean this aint no small wrap either, its like a good 5 by 5. Imma see who it can be, hopefully find something, give it a day or 2. The thing is, no one here really troll, just made there comments. So the more i think, the more i think its from somewhere else. I will admit too, i did kinda let it get to me, but ehh idk. Just need some time to think on my next move Thanks tho, appreciate your reply
Old 05-01-2018, 06:50 AM

with those super aggressive splitters front and rear, you need to connect it with more splitters on the side skirts or get aggressive style Fiberglass side skirts.
side skirts look very odd stock.
i think you should stick around, can u physcially back track to anyone here even knowing your address? being so new around here assuming like u dont even shop around here?

that prank is probably someone you know or a neighbor ! i mean u are putting a lot of work into it while outside/ driveway etc.

best wishes.
Old 05-13-2018, 09:30 PM

Hey guys, things gotten figure out. Thanks for the support as well. Anyways, I'm back for good. Gonna keep working on Roxanne, will upload some pictures later. Just wanted to let you guys know, to stay tune.
I have done a few things since my last post. Finally started the vinyl wrap, and did the chrome delete. I removed the spoiler and emblems from the back. Getting the side skirt ready to install. But i still have to wrap my fenders.
Old 05-15-2018, 01:46 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Out of curiousity what did you do to get rid of the chrome trim? Been wanting to do that myself.

Quick Reply: Project Roxanne