5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

CV Joint Axel Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2018, 06:12 PM

CV Joint Axel Question

Just had new CV joint axels replace a month ago and noticed when at a stop making a right turn then i go--The car would vibrate a bit never feel this going straight or if i turn right slowly.. I took the car back to mecanic today they replaced axels with a different brand.. Drove today and noticed that right hand turn vibration again (not bad but its there) what else could cause this? They told me Bearings are good Struts are good tierod ends are good tires are good LOL I said yeah my teath are good but my gums have to come out.. LOL What can this be? 2002 Maxima 150K
Old 04-12-2018, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by fastcarny
Just had new CV joint axels replace a month ago and noticed when at a stop making a right turn then i go--The car would vibrate a bit never feel this going straight or if i turn right slowly.. I took the car back to mecanic today they replaced axels with a different brand.. Drove today and noticed that right hand turn vibration again (not bad but its there) what else could cause this? They told me Bearings are good Struts are good tierod ends are good tires are good LOL I said yeah my teath are good but my gums have to come out.. LOL What can this be? 2002 Maxima 150K
did the new cv axles have a rubber damper in the middle of the axle rod? Ive heard that without that you can get vibrations. ive bought cheap ones that have had no damper but i also have alot of solid components so my axles have no real play. if your control arm bushings are original, they may not be cracked but could still be squishy so when you go to turn the arm as flexing at a weird angle and causing slight axle binding.
Old 04-12-2018, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by fastcarny
It's quite simple: You got another set of "bad" axles.
The after-market axles we all buys these days are inexpensive ($50-70 vs. $700 for what the OEM used to be), but the quality is hit-and-miss.
I have had similar experience with my car. My first replacement axles (Suretrack) were average - I had to replace one right off the bat, and even then, the passenger side still kept vibrating. I recently replaced them again (after 3 years), and this time both axles are almost perfect. My mechanic does not want to tell me the brand, but I am pretty sure it's FEQ.
Old 04-12-2018, 06:25 PM

Thank you!
Old 04-13-2018, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by maxiiiboy
It's quite simple: You got another set of "bad" axles.
The after-market axles we all buys these days are inexpensive ($50-70 vs. $700 for what the OEM used to be), but the quality is hit-and-miss.
I have had similar experience with my car. My first replacement axles (Suretrack) were average - I had to replace one right off the bat, and even then, the passenger side still kept vibrating. I recently replaced them again (after 3 years), and this time both axles are almost perfect. My mechanic does not want to tell me the brand, but I am pretty sure it's FEQ.
interesting. How can he legally NOT tell you the brand. It's your wallet paying the bill....?????
Old 04-13-2018, 05:55 PM

i would have a vibration when turning and it turned out to be either the control arm or the power steering hose leaking can't remember exactly.
Old 04-17-2018, 04:17 PM

gonna make an axle thread myself. its specific to asking which brand on rock auto is decent for MT 3.5... i know they all don't have the balance weights on them but i need something to replace my oem one until i rebuild both sides.
Old 04-18-2018, 03:09 AM

did that guy ever start making Raxels again?