5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Bought a 2001 maxima se automatic

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2019, 05:07 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Bought a 2001 maxima se automatic

Bought a 2001 maxima se from a gentleman and couldnt believe what i actually paid for my maxima the gentleman i got it from was having a hard time with it staying running it would die periodically n he couldnt figure out why he replaced iac valve the ecm spark plugs and coils it would run fine for a little while then it would do the same thing so i had been watching the ad and was wondering why no one had jumped on it i got a hold of the owner ntold him.id like to look at it he said its been sitting a while so might need a jump and a little air in tires i ended up getting the car for 400 dollars that day when he put new ecm and iac in he didnt do the relearn process and i let him knw that was all that was wrong and i could fix it for him he said no just get it out of here. ok dont have to tell me twice i made it home without it dying or any problems as soon as i.left with car i gave it a new k&n filter changed oil&filter flushed radiator and fresh tank of premium also cleaned the car inside and out and havent had any major problems with it yet knock on wood and ive done a couple things to it also those things include aftermarket radio with backup camera new infinity kappa front and rear speakers and tweeters a set of Re audio sexxx 12 inch subs and a 2500 watt monobloc amp for the subs and a 1000 watt 4channel amp for mids and highs
Old 02-01-2019, 08:12 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Might want to break up that wall of text in the future lol. But nice find!! You basically robbed that guy, as they say one mans trash is the maxima forum’s treasure.
Old 02-01-2019, 10:57 AM

I wouldn't say he robbed the guy, it was a fair deal. Bluebook on the car isn't more then probably $800-$1000 in good running condition. The previous owner new he had a car that didn't run well, and had a buyer willing to pay a fair price for a car that didn't run well. Buyer of course did make out in this deal, since it would seem he's got it running good!
Old 02-01-2019, 05:04 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Not to mention he gave me new control arms inner and outer tie rods new tires and shocks and struts and other various parts i couldnt pass the deal up
Old 02-01-2019, 05:09 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

more pics of it
Old 02-02-2019, 02:38 PM

Looks nice, that's an unusual color I haven't seen much of - good luck with it!
Old 02-02-2019, 03:34 PM
Bad *** Newb

Originally Posted by MadMax07SL
I wouldn't say he robbed the guy, it was a fair deal. Bluebook on the car isn't more then probably $800-$1000 in good running condition. The previous owner new he had a car that didn't run well, and had a buyer willing to pay a fair price for a car that didn't run well. Buyer of course did make out in this deal, since it would seem he's got it running good!
Retail is much higher, though (if he has cheap full coverage then he gets nice payout). $3,500 And to find a reliable car even for 3,500 isn't gonna happen unless it's just old as **** or beat to ****, but somehow maintained. This is a steal. In big metros could get a clean G35 for a few grand, but odds are it's gonna need work. You just can't beat an 00-01.

You could sell that in the rust belt for 2,500 quickly.

Last edited by Child_uv_KoRn; 02-02-2019 at 03:39 PM.
Old 02-03-2019, 12:25 AM
Father of the 00 VI

Seems like a scam ,probably waiting for someone to offer him money. Could be fake thread.

If not that's a great deal,gray luster,is the color
Old 02-03-2019, 02:18 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Well i am not wanting anyone to offer me money for my car it's definitely not a fake thread but I can see where you're coming from you were just voicing your opinion which everybody is entitled to. No the only reason I posted that was because it's almost like it's too good to be true and I've been waiting for something else to go wrong with the car but nothing major just minor preventive maintenance stuff so you know I'm pretty stoked about it and happy with the deal I got on the Maxima this will be the third one I've actually owned and I've had nothing but good things to say about the maxima except for the price on some of the parts
Old 02-03-2019, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Madhatter18
Bought a 2001 maxima se from a gentleman and couldnt believe what i actually paid for my maxima the gentleman i got it from was having a hard time with it staying running it would die periodically n he couldnt figure out why he replaced iac valve the ecm spark plugs and coils it would run fine for a little while then it would do the same thing so i had been watching the ad and was wondering why no one had jumped on it i got a hold of the owner ntold him.id like to look at it he said its been sitting a while so might need a jump and a little air in tires i ended up getting the car for 400 dollars that day when he put new ecm and iac in he didnt do the relearn process and i let him knw that was all that was wrong and i could fix it for him he said no just get it out of here. ok dont have to tell me twice i made it home without it dying or any problems as soon as i.left with car i gave it a new k&n filter changed oil&filter flushed radiator and fresh tank of premium also cleaned the car inside and out and havent had any major problems with it yet knock on wood and ive done a couple things to it also those things include aftermarket radio with backup camera new infinity kappa front and rear speakers and tweeters a set of Re audio sexxx 12 inch subs and a 2500 watt monobloc amp for the subs and a 1000 watt 4channel amp for mids and highs
Holy run on sentence Batman! That was impossible to read.

Old 02-03-2019, 01:52 PM

Looks like he passed business 101, though. But he won't pen the next novel. ! Hehe.
Old 02-04-2019, 04:14 PM

Nice find!

Usually when people get frustrated with their car and are at wits end they will take whatever money is being offered just to get rid of the headache
Old 02-05-2019, 12:58 PM

nice find ! good luck with it ! great steal.... i mean deal !
Old 02-06-2019, 06:46 AM

Very nice condition man ! Congrats
Old 02-06-2019, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Madhatter18
I bought a 2001 Maxima SE from a gentleman and couldn't believe what i actually paid for my Maxima. The gentleman i got it from was having a hard time with it staying running it would die periodically and he couldn't figure out why.

He replaced iac valve, the ecm, spark plugs and coils it would run fine for a little while then it would do the same thing. I had been watching the ad and was wondering why no one had jumped on it so i got a hold of the owner and told him.id like to look at it.

He said its been sitting a while so might need a jump and a little air in tires. I ended up getting the car for 400 dollars that day. When he installed new ecm and iac, he didn't do the relearn process. I let him know that was all that was wrong and i could fix it for him but he said no and to just get it out of here. OK. you don't have to tell me twice.

I made it home without it dying or any problems. As soon as I left with car, I gave it a new k&n filter, changed oil&filter, flushed radiator and fresh tank of premium. I also cleaned the car inside and out and haven't had any major problems with it yet, knock on wood. I have done a couple things to it also: those things include aftermarket radio with backup camera, new infinity kappa speakers and tweeters, a set of Re audio sexxx 12 inch subs, a 2500 watt monobloc amp for the subs and a 1000 watt 4channel amp for mids and highs
Slightly improved.
Old 02-06-2019, 02:35 PM

When you pull the plenum to put new injectors in your probably gonna wish you passed it up
New injector are over $400 for all six
and the KS (knock sensor) goes out on it which is $250.
its a nice car but the injectors leak after 140,000miles then KS goes out

Old 02-06-2019, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by maximatech12
When you pull the plenum to put new injectors in your probably gonna wish you passed it up
New injector are over $400 for all six
and the KS (knock sensor) goes out on it which is $250.
its a nice car but the injectors leak after 140,000miles then KS goes out
Who's paying those prices?

i've never had to replace the injectors on my 2000, and when the knock sensor went out on the 2003 i had, i got a junkyard sensor for $10 which worked perfectly. And on Rock auto the highest price for a knock sensor is $143 Canadian.

With a couple minutes on ebay and rock auto, those parts you listed are attainable at a fraction of the cost.