5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Nissan Maxima 2002 fans turn on but no power

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2020, 06:27 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Nissan Maxima 2002 fans turn on but no power

So I let my Maxima sit for a few months because someone stole my battery. I just bought a new one and when I tried to crank it up, we’ll turn the key to the The acc spot for the key , I see the trunk is open light indicator pop up, but it’s not. Also when it’s(the key) in the on spot the radiator fans blow max, as well as inside the car fans blowing at max, but no other power is on it won’t crank it . The last time I was able to crank was the last time I drove the car just clicks when I try to crank now I barely had gas left the last I remember if that matters.

Last edited by Nissanyoungster; 02-21-2020 at 02:36 AM.
Old 02-20-2020, 07:32 PM

"it crunk"

lol
Old 02-20-2020, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Nissanyoungster
So I let my Maxima sit for a few months because someone stole my battery I just bought a new one and when I tried to crank it up the acc spot for the key I see the trunk is open but it’s not and when it’s in the on spot the radiator fans blow max as well as inside the car but no other power is on it won’t crank it crunk last time I drove it but I believe there hasn’t been any gas in car.
We don't understand what are you trying to say.
Perhaps you can break up your jumble/mumble into several sentences. Hint: "One Thought = One sentence" may be the way to go..
Old 02-20-2020, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by maxiiiboy
Perhaps you can break up your jumble/mumble into several sentences. Hint: "One Thought = One sentence" may be the way to go..
Don't waste your time. Between this forum and another car audio forum I have been frequenting over the last year or so, I've noted the level of illiteracy to have been steadily increasing to astounding levels. If I have to try to figure out what you mean when I read what you write, rather than just know by understanding what you wrote, I'm automatically out, as I believe the lack of basic communication skills will correlate to an extremely high failure rate during any attempt to help. It's just not worth it.
Old 02-21-2020, 02:31 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by maxiiiboy
im just a kid literally asking for help wow didn’t kw I had to be a grammar lord to ask for it
Old 02-21-2020, 12:05 PM

im just a kid literally asking for help wow didn’t kw I had to be a grammar lord to ask for it
You will get roasted here for stuff like this, and other "dumb" questions, or not doing your homework first. However, you will find people here are very eager to help. And you'll get good help. Take the lumps.

In any case, the point is you don't have to be a grammar lord. The point is readers have to work too hard to try to figure out what your car's problem is. Clean up your paragraph and the same people roasting you will likely be the same ones to give you the help you need.
Old 02-21-2020, 12:32 PM

When asking for help, you have to be able to describe the problem you have.
So far, you haven't been able to do that.
To get going, look at this sheet: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iO...O7nhUmKlsHwSf5 , and tell us what your problem is (i.e., which one of the five categories listed in the decision table).

Last edited by maxiiiboy; 02-21-2020 at 12:34 PM.
Old 02-21-2020, 02:03 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by pastaben
You will get roasted here for stuff like this, and other "dumb" questions, or not doing your homework first. However, you will find people here are very eager to help. And you'll get good help. Take the lumps.

In any case, the point is you don't have to be a grammar lord. The point is readers have to work too hard to try to figure out what your car's problem is. Clean up your paragraph and the same people roasting you will likely be the same ones to give you the help you need.
I did I put periods and commas in it I cleaned it up
Old 02-21-2020, 03:01 PM

A couple of things:

1) Your gas gauge is pegged on empty. Throw a few gallons in it and take care of that right away.

2) I'm seeing your illuminated trunk light on your cluster, but no digits in the LCD displays. Give us a photo with the key in the ON position.

I would do a careful inspection under the hood looking for any hacked wiring. Thieves aren't usually nice about being careful with equipment when they steal something. This is all assuming they had to pull the battery from under the hood, which would mean they would need access to the hood release INSIDE of the car, where they may have done other damage.

Sounds like a mess. I would also test your battery's resting voltage (should be in the 12V range).
Old 02-21-2020, 03:14 PM
Bad *** Newb

Clicking is dead battery (starter solenoid). Kinda sounds like blown fuses? Rad fans blow on high when coolant sensor is dead.
Jump it and see what happens. Scan the ECU.

Last edited by Child_uv_KoRn; 02-21-2020 at 03:18 PM.
Old 02-22-2020, 09:02 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by User1
A couple of things:

1) Your gas gauge is pegged on empty. Throw a few gallons in it and take care of that right away.

2) I'm seeing your illuminated trunk light on your cluster, but no digits in the LCD displays. Give us a photo with the key in the ON position.

I would do a careful inspection under the hood looking for any hacked wiring. Thieves aren't usually nice about being careful with equipment when they steal something. This is all assuming they had to pull the battery from under the hood, which would mean they would need access to the hood release INSIDE of the car, where they may have done other damage.

Sounds like a mess. I would also test your battery's resting voltage (should be in the 12V range).

with the key in the on Position there’s no lights at. I’m currently at work so I can’t take a picture car is at home. My drivers side window was busted out so that’s how they got in the car. I’m going to show you the damage to the battery terminals later tonight, it looks like they took a damn hammer to it.
Old 02-22-2020, 09:03 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Child_uv_KoRn
Clicking is dead battery (starter solenoid). Kinda sounds like blown fuses? Rad fans blow on high when coolant sensor is dead.
Jump it and see what happens. Scan the ECU.
the battery was just bought brand new when I found out the car wouldn’t start. How do I scan the ecu I’m not aware of this process?? Also thanks for the replies guys
Old 02-22-2020, 11:31 AM
Bad *** Newb

the battery was just bought brand new when I found out the car wouldn’t start. How do I scan the ecu I’m not aware of this process?? Also thanks for the replies guys
Scan for codes. I'm starting to think you have rat damage.
Old 02-22-2020, 11:49 AM

Go to Auto Zone, or Advanced Auto and either buy one, or they lend you one for free, and plug into your OBD2 port underneath your dash, and follow instructions. I believe you'll need working battery to do this scan. Then, you'll get codes which will point you in the right direction.