5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Spin the Rebate Wheel!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2002, 05:17 AM

Spin the Rebate Wheel!

OK, this is my situation: I have a two-month window to buy a GLE, Feburary or March.

Should I take the 1K rebate and run or wait until March when the rebate offer may increase? OTOH, there may be no rebate at all in March. Is that likely? Everything I've read so far indicates the rebate offers will increase, but you never know.

What's your opinion? Should I spin the wheel? Buy now? You help me decide.
Old 02-07-2002, 05:41 AM
It's chrome alright...

Re: Spin the Rebate Wheel!

Originally posted by dmarion
Not that you can believe anything a salesperson says (sorry all you salespeople) but mine told me that's their "rebate time" so the rebates shouldn't go down (can't promise) but will probably increase.

It's a guessing game... if you're interested, I chose to wait. Had the option to buy in Feb. or Mar. and chose March.
Old 02-07-2002, 07:32 AM

As far as I know, they either give you 3.9% financing or 1K rebate. I got 3.9, and if I were you I would do the same thing, unless you are buying it with cash

OK, this is my situation: I have a two-month window to buy a GLE, Feburary or March.

Should I take the 1K rebate and run or wait until March when the rebate offer may increase? OTOH, there may be no rebate at all in March. Is that likely? Everything I've read so far indicates the rebate offers will increase, but you never know.

Old 02-08-2002, 12:31 AM

If you can wait like 5-6 months later, the price of the 2k2(assuming) Max woulb be at a real discounted price..dealers around that time would "need" to get rid of any 2k2s, Maxs, Altis or whatever....
I think the price then would be around 22-23k for a 2k2 Max? good luck...
Old 02-08-2002, 06:01 AM

I've been hearing the industry as a whole has been increasing rebates while pulling out on the low financing. The rebates don't hurt their eanings as bad. So I wouldn't expect the rebates to go away but I would expect the financing to go away. And given that Nissan is pushing the Altima and might be going to a new design for the Max, well, this will only help the Maxima buyer.
Old 02-08-2002, 03:21 PM

Originally posted by Joe_R
I've been hearing the industry as a whole has been increasing rebates while pulling out on the low financing. The rebates don't hurt their eanings as bad. So I wouldn't expect the rebates to go away but I would expect the financing to go away. And given that Nissan is pushing the Altima and might be going to a new design for the Max, well, this will only help the Maxima buyer.
Yep, I agree with everything you say here. But I am somewhat confused why Nissan hasn't jacked up the rebates for February on this model, especiallly since GMC and others are pushing $2K or more this month. And I just read a post on the alt.nissan.maxima... ng from a Canadian indicating there are *no* rebates for Maximas in Canada. Just don't get it.
Old 02-08-2002, 04:28 PM
KTM

Nissan Announces January Sales

Yep, I agree with everything you say here. But I am somewhat confused why Nissan hasn't jacked up the rebates for February on this model, especiallly since GMC and others are pushing $2K or more this month. And I just read a post on the alt.nissan.maxima... ng from a Canadian indicating there are *no* rebates for Maximas in Canada. Just don't get it.
"Led by strong results in the sedan category, the Nissan Division of Nissan North America reported sales of 49,549 units for the month of January, a 9.6 percent increase versus January, 2001...
In addition, Maxima sales were also strong, posting 9,242 units, a 36.4% increase versus last year."
Old 02-08-2002, 09:54 PM

y do u americans always get the good rebates?
Old 02-10-2002, 06:13 AM

Re: Nissan Announces January Sales

Originally posted by KTM

"Led by strong results in the sedan category, the Nissan Division of Nissan North America reported sales of 49,549 units for the month of January, a 9.6 percent increase versus January, 2001...
In addition, Maxima sales were also strong, posting 9,242 units, a 36.4% increase versus last year."
Where was this quoted? What was the source?
Old 02-11-2002, 11:34 AM
KTM

Re: Re: Nissan Announces January Sales

Where was this quoted? What was the source?
I have my sources

Try here, look under "Nissan Announces January Sales [Feb. 01, 02]"

www.nissannews.com
Old 02-11-2002, 12:19 PM
jjs

Why worry about it?

As we have all seen in threads and websites, you CA people get good prices ALL THE TIME on your Max's.

Originally posted by 2M0A0X2
y do u americans always get the good rebates?