5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

CheapTweaks

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2002, 04:04 PM

CheapTweaks

How are you doing

Ok heres the situation,
I just bought a brand new 2002MaximaSE and I wanna pay it off (about 2 years) before I do any tweaks to it. I wanna definitely add some performance tweaks but I really don't alot about car performance. I'm thinking about a SC but if thats too expensive I was thinking about cheaper tweaks that would make the car more efficient adding horsepower and such.
Basically what areas of the car can be tweaked? Like the transmission or the air intake
Thanx any info would be much appreciated
Old 03-03-2002, 05:09 PM
IMBOUTTOBUSTSOMEGHOSTS

with your max being a 2002, not as much is available as the 2k-2k1. you could open up the exhaust with an intake and just about any aftermarket muffler. i dont know if sound is an issue or not. im not aware of a supercharger that is being produced as of yet. check out stillen and you can get a good idea of things out there that will be available for your car. but when you get ready to buy anything, check out custommaxima to see if any of it is at a better price.
Old 03-03-2002, 05:13 PM

Use the search

on intakes, there are numerous options for under $150 that are good for about 10 hp. Then search y-pipe, there are also numerous for under $400 that are good for about 15 hp. Those are your two easiest and cheapest do it yourself mods. Good luck and congrats on the ride.
Old 03-03-2002, 05:27 PM
IMBOUTTOBUSTSOMEGHOSTS

i dont think they have a y pipe quite yet, but if they develop one then go for it, its the best mod besides tires that ive done so far.
Old 03-03-2002, 05:32 PM

to me, a lot of cheap mods are quite "ricey"...... ......just don't make any ugly mods, or any fake stickers
Old 03-03-2002, 06:53 PM

Re: CheapTweaks

Originally posted by Horsepower
How are you doing

Ok heres the situation,
I just bought a brand new 2002MaximaSE and I wanna pay it off (about 2 years) before I do any tweaks to it. I wanna definitely add some performance tweaks but I really don't alot about car performance. I'm thinking about a SC but if thats too expensive I was thinking about cheaper tweaks that would make the car more efficient adding horsepower and such.
Basically what areas of the car can be tweaked? Like the transmission or the air intake
Thanx any info would be much appreciated
SC isn't out yet for the 2002. There are a few intakes out there that have good gains, Stillen, Frankencar, Berk. Search on those.
the Greddy EVO cat-back fits the 2k2. Y-pipes aren't out yet either. Happy modding.
Old 03-03-2002, 07:07 PM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

I hear that a Type-R or GT-R sticker will add about 20 HP!

err...yeah, but seriously, Intake and Y-Pipe are your two best bets. Search is your friend, and welcome to Maxima.org