5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Hmm...new VQ altima.........

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2000, 07:36 AM

Ok...so the altima is gonna get bigger to exact the size of the camry/accord cars. SO...it will have an optional vq but what will the power be set at. Figure ofcourse it will have atleast the old vq's output of 190hp. The new Altima will NOT be as heavy as the current max...it just aint gonna be that big. I'm sure you can get a v6 5sp......my guess is that it will be atleast as fast as a 4th gen 5sp. Why? well say it comes in at the same weight...5sp....same power....probably nearly the same speed. BUT wait....could it be that they will use the VQ-K? 222hp? 217 ft-lbs. That would bascially be like putting the new 222hp in a 4th gen.

BOttom line...if they make a 222hp 5sp Altima...say with the weight of a 4th gen(which is size is probably what the altima will be) could we have a real screamer? Low 6's to 60? That would be PHAT

Mike S.
Old 09-01-2000, 08:57 AM

no way

that's not phat. that's hella sad, that makes our max's even worse than it's going to be.. man first i hear they're commin' out with a 20th anniv. SE then the 3.5L then the news about our max gonna b on a short 3 yr cycle. makes me so depressed.. sob sob. but as far as the sentra goes. it should be quik.. most likely quiker than the 5th gen.
Old 09-01-2000, 09:16 AM

Well, that's that.

Time to get a supercharger!
Old 09-01-2000, 08:28 PM

yeah Man, this is no good, damn makes me feel like a reject on the first date. hasn't been a year yet and already they got something better... but its ok.. thats how they play the game.. we'll see what the next maxima has to offer, might not spend much on this and just get the 3.5 later.