5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

The Maxima Get's no respect!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2002, 02:02 PM

The Maxima Get's no respect!

After the introduction of the 3.5 liter V-6 AND an all new 6-speed, NONE of the major auto magazines (or any of the smaller ones I've seen) has done a full review or comparision of the new Maxima. The only refrences have usually been in an Altima article. If a BMW, Acura, or Audi get's even a new paint color, all the editors are falling all over themselves during reviews/comparisons. NO respect I tell ya!

I know I'm driving the best car made (dollar for dollar), but I want everyone else to know too!
Old 03-18-2002, 02:17 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Re: The Maxima Get's no respect!

Originally posted by GMAN01SE
If a BMW, Acura, or Audi get's even a new paint color, all the editors are falling all over themselves during reviews/comparisons. NO respect I tell ya!

I feel ya bro.

But I think the reason the Max really hasn't been reviewed much is becuase Nissan doesn't want it to be? I think they want the altima in the spotlight, since they are fazing out the current maxima. But I could be wrong, just something I heard.

Anyways I agree the Max SHOULD get alot more coverage..and It's really hard to swallow the Mags sh!tty 1/4th and 0-60 times.

Why can amatuer drivers here get LOW 14's for the 6-speed while the pro's are getting HIGH 14's ? If I knew this I could finally sleep at night
Old 03-18-2002, 03:13 PM

I am sure it will show up soon in some comparo of entry level Sports Sedans soon. The max use to get more respect by them, I remember when the VE first appeared they all did reviews and test of it very soon and even before it was introduced.
Old 03-18-2002, 03:29 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

very true

the maxima is way underappreciated. I also think the max is one of the best cars you can buy for what they cost. but in a way Im glad Maximas arent all over the place and owned by every tom **** and larry. Im glad we know something everyone else dosent. It kinda makes me sick when you see alll these people dying to get into a civic or an accord. Why the hell does everybody want a honduh!!! O well, Ill always love my Nissan
Old 03-18-2002, 08:44 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Re: very true

You want a classic Maxx owner story , here it goes. I was going to buy a Yukon Denali, and I went to the car show in Jan. I happened to walk through the Nissan exhibit and a crtain car caught my eye ! It was the maxx.. I sat in it, played with the Navigation, walked out told my buddy, I will save 18,000.00 and buy this car. It screams of value and Horsepower. I went from shopping for an SUV which i almost bought the day before to buying a Maxx. Look at my signature and my previous rides.... I still LOVE my Maxx after 2 weeks from taking delivery on my Car !
Old 03-18-2002, 09:57 PM

If the Maxima got more coverage and was more popular they would be stolen more often. (New Yorkers appreciate quality and do steal them often). Take pride in your car and don't worry about the lemmings in the hondas and toyotas. We got great cars for the money. The USA built version will probably be reviewed heavily in the press. Then we will see what happens.Nissan probably influences the publicity by making the cars it is interested in available for test drives. I suspect the Z will be all over the place when it is released.
Old 03-18-2002, 10:03 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: The Maxima Get's no respect!

Originally posted by Craig Mack

I feel ya bro.

But I think the reason the Max really hasn't been reviewed much is becuase Nissan doesn't want it to be? I think they want the altima in the spotlight, since they are fazing out the current maxima. But I could be wrong, just something I heard.

Anyways I agree the Max SHOULD get alot more coverage..and It's really hard to swallow the Mags sh!tty 1/4th and 0-60 times.

Why can amatuer drivers here get LOW 14's for the 6-speed while the pro's are getting HIGH 14's ? If I knew this I could finally sleep at night
so your saying i'm an amatuer
Old 03-18-2002, 10:15 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Originally posted by y sleep
If the Maxima got more coverage and was more popular they would be stolen more often. (New Yorkers appreciate quality and do steal them often). Take pride in your car and don't worry about the lemmings in the hondas and toyotas. We got great cars for the money. The USA built version will probably be reviewed heavily in the press. Then we will see what happens.Nissan probably influences the publicity by making the cars it is interested in available for test drives. I suspect the Z will be all over the place when it is released.
Hey I was born and raised in Queens, NY ! I never stole a Maxx. I always broke into Z28's and Stangs..an occasional Grand national.....See we do have class ! !!!
Old 03-18-2002, 11:16 PM

Re: Re: Re: The Maxima Get's no respect!

Originally posted by dmbmaxima88

so your saying i'm an amatuer
14.3????? Been there done that..... Just kidding. Dude, I'm about to order your intake....13s here I come! BTW, how fast can you get it to me, I need it by Saturday at the latest.
Old 03-19-2002, 04:41 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: The Maxima Get's no respect!

Originally posted by Maximus1000

14.3????? Been there done that..... Just kidding. Dude, I'm about to order your intake....13s here I come! BTW, how fast can you get it to me, I need it by Saturday at the latest.
today is tuesday, if you send money today it will ship out two day express for arrival on friday and if not they deliver before noon on saturday, if you don't want to chance it for $20 MORE i can do overnight, and there is a small lead time on blue, we have lots of silvers..

-steve
Old 03-19-2002, 04:47 AM

Respect = $$$

I know I'm driving the best car made (dollar for dollar), but I want everyone else to know too!
Totally agree with your opinion, but I fear if everyone else knows, then demand goes up, then supply goes down, then prices go up.

What the hey, it's the best kept secret and I'd love it to stay that way!
Old 03-19-2002, 05:02 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Either March or April, 2002 ed. of MOTOR TREND gave a glowing 1 year review of the flawless Maxima (2001 se 5sp.) It made me proud to own a Maxima as well.

I'M LIKING THE LOVEFEST HERE TOO MANY POSTS recently have been poo-pooing our cars...
Old 03-19-2002, 05:25 AM

I have to get that April 02 Motor Trend. Car & Driver's last review of the Maxima was in the June 1999 issue and Road & Track's was in May 2000. So a new review by these two are DEFINITELY due.
Old 03-19-2002, 06:37 AM

Re: Respect = $$$

Originally posted by dmarion

Totally agree with your opinion, but I fear if everyone else knows, then demand goes up, then supply goes down, then prices go up.

What the hey, it's the best kept secret and I'd love it to stay that way!
Hey...I'm O.K. if demand and price go up NOW! I already bought mine cheap. Maybe that will keep resale values high.
Old 03-19-2002, 07:15 AM

Hey, I am with you guys on this one. I keep waiting for a comparison test with the new Max, but figure they will probably pick the Altima SE instead as it is newer, has a similar engine and is less money (sticker price only).

I too love my car and think it is about the best bang for the buck in its category. I have had 3 Max SE's so far and am trying to figure out what to do in August when my lease expires. I am tempted to just get another Maxima SE (since they changed a lot for 2002), but hate the fact that the car essentially looks like my 2000. I just think if I buy a S4 or 330i that I will be very unhappy with the reliability...especially for the extra dough. What a dilemma.
Old 03-19-2002, 01:13 PM

Back when the 2K2 was just coming out, Autoweek did a full feature, including the full cover, on the 2002 Maxima. All good things to say about it (of course ) and they didn't even try to compare it to the Alty except to remark about how both model are going to fit into the lineup together for the next year or two. That's why I read Autoweek.
Old 03-19-2002, 02:19 PM

When I brought my new Maxima home, some lady walking by as I was parking my car gave it a nice compliment but she did not know that it was a Max. She knew what a Camry and an Accord looked like, but she didn't know anything about the Maxima.
Old 03-19-2002, 07:04 PM

Originally posted by kloogy
Hey I was born and raised in Queens, NY ! I never stole a Maxx. I always broke into Z28's and Stangs..an occasional Grand national.....See we do have class ! !!!
I was born in Manhattan and lived in the Bronx for years. Why Maxima are more stolen there than anywhere else is strange.
Old 03-20-2002, 06:36 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: The Maxima Get's no respect!

Originally posted by GMAN01SE
After the introduction of the 3.5 liter V-6 AND an all new 6-speed, NONE of the major auto magazines (or any of the smaller ones I've seen) has done a full review or comparision of the new Maxima. The only refrences have usually been in an Altima article. If a BMW, Acura, or Audi get's even a new paint color, all the editors are falling all over themselves during reviews/comparisons. NO respect I tell ya!

The hell with them. It's better to be rich than famous.

Jim