5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

C&D just tested the new 6spd CL-S

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2002, 07:09 AM

Originally posted by soundmike
You gotta spend some time on the Org dude. Your max already feels ignored

Hey, got more pix of the RX7?

pics can't do that car justice, you really have to see it and ride in it in person--I almost ****ed my pants it hauled so much ***
Old 03-20-2002, 07:17 AM
Very sound, Mike

I know. I know. Was really hoping you'd lemme play around with your Kenwoods. Looking at it doesn't do it justice either

Man.. still wishing for a manual *sigh*

Originally posted by mattattax

pics can't do that car justice, you really have to see it and ride in it in person--I almost ****ed my pants it hauled so much ***
Old 03-20-2002, 07:25 AM

I know. I know. Was really hoping you'd lemme play around with your Kenwoods. Looking at it doesn't do it justice either
I may be in that area this weekend.
Old 03-20-2002, 07:27 AM
Very sound, Mike

Doh! I won't be though.

Oh well, i guess i can always stop by Cartoys and toy around with their stuff again hehehe

Originally posted by mattattax

I may be in that area this weekend.
Old 03-20-2002, 07:35 AM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

Not that i'm taking sides here or anything, but what's wrong with posting some info on the new CL-S?

Are you aware of Russ's history with cars and the post he makes on any forums regarding how superior they are?

I mean, when someone posts info on some other car that may be a maxima contender no one bashes that post (It may end up in OT but nevertheless).

Are you aware of Russ's history with cars and the post he makes on any forums regarding how superior they are?

Would this mean if i posted info on the upcoming VW V8 sedan i'll get the same type of bashing?

Just as there is a pattern with my questions above, there is also a pattern to Russ's behavior regarding his vehicles HAVING to be the absolute fastest and best of any potential vehicles out there. No one minds an occasional post on a potential competitor, but making subtle strides to downing Max owners here is not smart or relevant. Plus, we're still waiting for the actual proof of the 14.0 sec CL 6-speed. In addition, Russ doesn't have a 6-speed which makes the post all the more irrelevant......
Old 03-20-2002, 07:39 AM
Very sound, Mike

Okay. Okay. i get the idea

Originally posted by bill99gxe

[/B]

Just as there is a pattern with my questions above, there is also a pattern to Russ's behavior regarding his vehicles HAVING to be the absolute fastest and best of any potential vehicles out there. No one minds an occasional post on a potential competitor, but making subtle strides to downing Max owners here is not smart or relevant. Plus, we're still waiting for the actual proof of the 14.0 sec CL 6-speed. In addition, Russ doesn't have a 6-speed which makes the post all the more irrelevant...... [/B]
Old 03-20-2002, 07:44 AM

Unfortunately

we are all very aware.

Russ, step up, admit your haste on purchasing the auto, go get the new 6 speed type S, and then run some 2k2 Maximas.
Old 03-20-2002, 07:59 AM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

Originally posted by F23A4
Hey Steve!! I finally gave in and bought a 2K2 Max!! This thing's the bomb, bro!! : D
you did ?!?!?!

NO WAY DUDE AWESOME!!!!!

6spd or automagic?

hehe...welcome to the club. You're gonna love this place
Old 03-20-2002, 08:56 AM
RussMaxManiac

Re: Unfortunately

I will say this one more time. I did not buy this car to be a race car on the street. I bought this car to cruise in and relax. I am no longer in the mod mood and have grown out of it now. I like driving the auto, its comfortable and relaxing.

Gee Bill, your so nice. I gave you a compliment on another forum, and now you bash me again when I haven't done crap to you. People wonder why I get bashed because people like you always start it.

Old 03-20-2002, 08:59 AM
RussMaxManiac

Regarding your sig Bill. I haven't down the Maximas yet, point me to a post I have actually meant and really downed any Maxima? If I didn't care about the Max I would have trashed the site by now, and whatever else I can pull out of my sleves. No, the point being is that when I post something, and this happens with people on other forums as well, if its a IS300 forum, the IS300 is god, max its the max, if its a supra, its god. Okay, get it? Dude, I know what car is faster, I know what car is better built, and we won't go into that, because you also know this. The Maxima is a damn good car for 23k and a 6spd.

Old 03-20-2002, 09:20 AM

I'm damn proud of my Lada...

http://www.crxsi.com/mycar/lada.htm

really it's not me!
Old 03-20-2002, 10:48 AM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

Re: Re: Unfortunately

Originally posted by RussMaxManiac
I will say this one more time. I did not buy this car to be a race car on the street. I bought this car to cruise in and relax. I am no longer in the mod mood and have grown out of it now. I like driving the auto, its comfortable and relaxing.

Then why the need to post "CL is faster than a Maxima"? You're the one turning it into a measuring contest. Furthermore, it's astounding that you say this stuff and don't even own the 6-speed.....

Gee Bill, your so nice.

I thought I was evil?!?

Oh, and

your = you're

I gave you a compliment on another forum, and now you bash me again when I haven't done crap to you.

Bash you? Where in this thread were you bashed? I just pointed out the pattern of your posts through sarcasm, which is a reflection of the manner in which YOU present yourself. I can't help it if you don't like the truth.

If I wanted to bash you, I would have done a much better job.

People wonder why I get bashed because people like you always start it.
Russ,

You get bashed because of the actions of the person you see when you look in the mirror. It ain't me.
Old 03-20-2002, 12:15 PM

i smoked a new TL-S

The second week I had my car I had a little competition with a brand new TL-S, although i dont know if it was the 6-sp or auto. I got an auto, and was all over that nigguh! He couldn't believe it. When we finally got off the highway (we got off the same exit) and pulled to a light, he motioned for me to roll down my window (tinted of course) and was like, nice f'n car. I said yea, I know. He said he was thinkin about gettin it but wound up gettin the TL-S, and said now he doesn't know if he made the right decision. Thas what max's make of honda-owners, confused little souls. So if you got a TL-S(hit), get up off deez nuts!!.
Old 03-20-2002, 12:31 PM
Very sound, Mike

Re: i smoked a new TL-S

doood. careful with the n word. u don't know who u might offend.

Originally posted by enicemax
The second week I had my car I had a little competition with a brand new TL-S, although i dont know if it was the 6-sp or auto. I got an auto, and was all over that nigguh! He couldn't believe it. When we finally got off the highway (we got off the same exit) and pulled to a light, he motioned for me to roll down my window (tinted of course) and was like, nice f'n car. I said yea, I know. He said he was thinkin about gettin it but wound up gettin the TL-S, and said now he doesn't know if he made the right decision. Thas what max's make of honda-owners, confused little souls. So if you got a TL-S(hit), get up off deez nuts!!.
Old 03-20-2002, 12:38 PM

Not that i'm taking sides here or anything, but what's wrong with posting some info on the new CL-S?

I mean, when someone posts info on some other car that may be a maxima contender no one bashes that post (It may end up in OT but nevertheless).

Would this mean if i posted info on the upcoming VW V8 sedan i'll get the same type of bashing?

No, its because its Russ.
Old 03-20-2002, 12:45 PM
jjs

Back off on the cockiness too....

crap behavior like that is what causes a group of people (in this case Max owners) to be labeled a##holes or worse.

Also, there is no such thing as a 6-speed TL.
Old 03-20-2002, 12:54 PM
is invisible

Do Maxima owners claim victory when a competitor fails to post sub-par performance #s?

I'm almost afraid what would be said if the CL-S 6-speed was quicker than the Max.
Old 03-20-2002, 01:26 PM

Re: Back off on the cockiness too....

Originally posted by jjs
crap behavior like that is what causes a group of people (in this case Max owners) to be labeled a##holes or worse.

Also, there is no such thing as a 6-speed TL.
Uh, he's done that singlehandedly.
Old 03-20-2002, 08:15 PM

Maybe we should race. Just kidding. Maybe in a couple of weeks after I get used to the driving a 6spd. Anyone live in Tampa?

Originally posted by CoolMax
Do Maxima owners claim victory when a competitor fails to post sub-par performance #s?

I'm almost afraid what would be said if the CL-S 6-speed was quicker than the Max.
Old 03-20-2002, 08:24 PM
Granny Driven

Well Acura seems to have faster #s then the real car, cause they bribe mags Nissan is still the king. I like that nissan is not in any comparison tests like all those other H O E's.
Old 03-20-2002, 08:38 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

[b] Ok guys. I have spent many days at the track in my days. Look at my sig to see what I have run at Carlsbad raceway. I have driven V8's that pull through all 6 gears ! There is no way the Honduh, I mean Skan-Cura wil pull a flat 14, with that pathetic 0-60 time. That would mean that the car would have to have a 75 Shot of Laugh Gas , which was engaged, 3 times after the car hit 60 mph ! Someone at that Mag is smokin Crack. This is the same Mag that got the following times :
1989 5.0 Lx - 15.7
1993 Lt1 camaro - 15.3
1998 Ws6 Trans Am - 14.99
1999 Camaro SS - 14.8 - A Car which 4 other Mags got 13's from. I saw a STOCK one run 13.8 at the track !
This magazine is great for pics and big on FECAL MATTER !