5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Raced a Chevy S-10, (Hey, it was modded!)

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2002, 06:56 AM

Raced a Chevy S-10, (Hey, it was modded!)

I was on the feeder street of the beltway and this white Chevy S-10 pulls up next to me. Normally, I wouldn't even waste my time, but he had dual exhaust and fat tires in the back. (maybe cheater slicks) It actually sounded pretty good! Didn't look good, though. It may have been the 4.3L. (he had all decals off). I think they have 190-200hp stock. He had all kinds of stickers (Mac, Flowmaster, Hurst, etc). It was a young guy who looked about 18 yrs old behind the wheel. He got next to me and started "hoppin" the truck up and down taunting me. I had my ex-girlfriend in the car so I asked her if it's O.K. to run him (gentleman and all) and she said "Race the punk!" Ooooh yeh!
We were going about 50mph. I was about a car length ahead of him when he punched it (stick), and then I punched it (automagic). He got next to me for a second, then I pulled him immediately by about 5 lengths to about 90mph. Wasn't even close. Then, not satisfied, he gets next to me again. I motion for him to 'go' (at about 30mph) he hits it then I hit it. He has me by about 2 lengths, then once again, I catch up and pull to about 5 lengths again! (at about 100-110mph). I turn down a street and he follows. He rolls down window and asks if my car had any work to it. I say, "stock." He shakes his head rolls his window up and drives off.

chazmax
Old 03-22-2002, 09:23 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Raced a Chevy S-10, (Hey, it was modded!)

Originally posted by CHAZMAX
I was on the feeder street of the beltway and this white Chevy S-10 pulls up next to me. Normally, I wouldn't even waste my time, but he had dual exhaust and fat tires in the back. (maybe cheater slicks) It actually sounded pretty good! Didn't look good, though. It may have been the 4.3L. (he had all decals off). I think they have 190-200hp stock. He had all kinds of stickers (Mac, Flowmaster, Hurst, etc). It was a young guy who looked about 18 yrs old behind the wheel. He got next to me and started "hoppin" the truck up and down taunting me. I had my ex-girlfriend in the car so I asked her if it's O.K. to run him (gentleman and all) and she said "Race the punk!" Ooooh yeh!
We were going about 50mph. I was about a car length ahead of him when he punched it (stick), and then I punched it (automagic). He got next to me for a second, then I pulled him immediately by about 5 lengths to about 90mph. Wasn't even close. Then, not satisfied, he gets next to me again. I motion for him to 'go' (at about 30mph) he hits it then I hit it. He has me by about 2 lengths, then once again, I catch up and pull to about 5 lengths again! (at about 100-110mph). I turn down a street and he follows. He rolls down window and asks if my car had any work to it. I say, "stock." He shakes his head rolls his window up and drives off.

chazmax
good kill! thats all there is around here. people with dropped and "modded" S-10 pickups that think they can run. anyway nice kill even it was a truck!
Old 03-22-2002, 05:47 PM
swallac2

I knew a couple of guys years ago who had removed the 4.3 and replaced them with 350's. One of the guys ran 12's, the other guy was probably in the high 13's. I have another friend with a Syclone that runs high 13's, but soon will be in the high 12's. That truck accelerates like nothing else. That AWD just hooks up and goes. It's not a hard swap to do since the 4.3 is a chopped 350. But, if dude in a 4.3 (non Syclone) thinks he's gonna run, he's mistaken.

I will tell you what though, those trucks will last forever, my Dad's has close to 300k miles on it all original!!

Old 03-22-2002, 08:58 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Having seen and driven a Cyclone, ddont F*&^K with a Cyclone ! Those things can smoke a Vette . If you have 1000.00 in spare change, you can get them to turn low 12's...this was not one of those...I raced a Typhoon which is a 2 Door SUV version, in my TA, it kept up real goood till I hit about 130 mph, This was going I-15 north to Las vegas, in the desert. The same spot I raced a Porsche Boxster. That time I hit 165MPH on the speedo. My Ram Air was screaming. My custom chip was in full ***** to the Wall mode, and my Zr's were stickin. I will never forget how that car stook to the ground..Bye . Bye Porsche... I wonder how fast my Maxx can go, TOP SPEED !