5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Carflector Pic

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2002, 06:59 AM

Carflector Pic

I bought the clear and had the 'inside' painted to match car.

(First time posting Pic - I hope it worked)

Carflector Pic
Old 04-02-2002, 07:30 AM
JUVIN's ride

Re: Carflector Pic

Originally posted by maxatlast
I bought the clear and had the 'inside' painted to match car.

(First time posting Pic - I hope it worked)

Carflector Pic
Looks good.

If you can, try to take a close up.

Thanks.
Old 04-02-2002, 08:44 AM

I'm curious about carflectors. Does dirt get trapped between the hood and the carflector or do you remove the carflector when you wash the car? The carflector looks good on your car and your car looks great BTW.
Old 04-02-2002, 09:17 AM
Very sound, Mike

Nice I have one on the same exact car, albeit my photo's were taken by a crappy video cam on a rainy/overcast day. I can take better photo's for whoever is interested.

To answer 2k1seae's question. It gets just as dirty as the rest of the car. Cleaning is easy, there's roughly a 2-3" gap there where youc can easily wipe off. The only part that actually touches your car is the underside (stuck to the underside of the hood via double sided tape and/or screws).

If you'll notice i also have the bumpstops on the hood itself. To me it's better for the carflector to bump off the stops rathr than the stops to bump off the hood.

The Carflector already saved me from one incident. A rock hit the flector and went flying overhead. I was on the highway doing 80mph at this point.

No damage on either my car nor the 'flector.
Old 04-02-2002, 09:28 AM

I'll post a couple of close-ups soon. I attached mine with screws. I had to drill holes on the underside of the hood. You could also use the two-sided tape - both are included. Nothing gets trapped between the hood and the carflector. It touches the underside/leading edge of the hood. My only concern is any vibration that may be occuring and the effect on the paint. I plan to take it off soon and check for any wear. It matches the car really well and blends in nice from a distance. I spent a few hours installing trying to get the fit just right - I needed the help of a friend to mark the screw holes and final installation. It just slightly makes the hood a little harder to close but I can't see any sign of it hitting or being pressed against something while closed. It sure is saving my hood.
Old 04-02-2002, 09:59 AM
Very sound, Mike

You didn't have to drill any screws. The screw that came with it isn't supposed to penetrate your hood.

I didn't install the screws though, it's really tight as it is.
Old 04-02-2002, 09:13 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

That loosk SWEET ! I already have a few chips on the front. This sucks ! Is this a warranty issue, has anyone gone back to the dealer and complained ??
Old 04-02-2002, 09:28 PM
Bandwagon Lover

Originally posted by kloogy
That loosk SWEET ! I already have a few chips on the front. This sucks ! Is this a warranty issue, has anyone gone back to the dealer and complained ??
I know there have been plenty of complaints in the past with the paint on Max's. Mine had at least 8 chips within the first 1500 miles. I've considered getting one instead of a bra (which I would hate to have on). It's definately cheaper than alternatives on the market.

Time to give Nissan 4ell about the paint. It was two years before I had any chips on my last car