5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Nismo!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2002, 10:20 AM

Nismo!

I've decided I'm not doin any more mods until NISMO makes its appearance this fall. Hopefully, they'll have some good performance parts for the new max. Anyone else think NISMO's gonna provide us with good stuff? Anyone got any opinions on this?
Old 04-09-2002, 10:21 AM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Re: Nismo!

Originally posted by enicemax
I've decided I'm not doin any more mods until NISMO makes its appearance this fall. Hopefully, they'll have some good performance parts for the new max. Anyone else think NISMO's gonna provide us with good stuff? Anyone got any opinions on this?
Yes, good idea.

However, I think NISMO is going to make $tealins prices look like peanuts.
Old 04-09-2002, 10:39 AM

Re: Re: Nismo!

Originally posted by IceY2K1

Yes, good idea.

However, I think NISMO is going to make $tealins prices look like peanuts.
Money is no object if they're quality parts and they actually work the way they're supposed to. And oh yea, especially if they make me faaaaaaast!
Old 04-09-2002, 10:43 AM

Re: Re: Re: Nismo!

Money is no object if they're quality parts and they actually work the way they're supposed to. And oh yea, especially if they make me faaaaaaast!
I think I saw a price of $90 for a oil cap.

Or was that a gas cap.

Anyways, I agree I'll pay whatever as long as I get what I'm paying for. $tealin has the market, so he can sell BS for whatever he wants. I hope Nismo shakes things up a bit.

Hopefully, they offer Maxima cams, clutches, differentials, and coilovers. I've heard good things on some of their SER parts.
Old 04-09-2002, 10:57 AM

NISMO Parts

Does anyone know of a website listing NISMO parts available for other applications (ie. SE-R)? I am curious as to what types of products they have made in the past, and am defintiely interested in investing in their Maxima mods, even if they are more expensive. Retaining the factory warranty, without fighting the dealer, is worth it in my opinion.

NISMO Wishlist:

- Catback Exhaust
- LSD
- Coilovers
- Supercharger

Do any of these sound possible?
Old 04-09-2002, 11:03 AM

Re: NISMO Parts

Originally posted by 2002 Max SE
Does anyone know of a website listing NISMO parts available for other applications (ie. SE-R)? I am curious as to what types of products they have made in the past, and am defintiely interested in investing in their Maxima mods, even if they are more expensive. Retaining the factory warranty, without fighting the dealer, is worth it in my opinion.

NISMO Wishlist:

- Catback Exhaust
- LSD
- Coilovers
- Supercharger

Do any of these sound possible?
I'll see if I can find that article again.

I know they listed LSD or some version of it and a clutch.

I believe FSTB and RSB will be available.

I doubt SC.

I really hope NISMO happens so I can have a dealer install the components such as the LSD.
Old 04-09-2002, 11:04 AM

Possible? Yes. Will it actually happen for a car that they are going to redesign? Who knows?
Old 04-09-2002, 11:05 AM
Very sound, Mike

Re: NISMO Parts

Anything is possible at this point. The question is, are they actually going to spend R&D money/time/effort to provide aftermarket parts to the current (outgoing) and previous generation Maxima's?

All i can say is, I really hope so.
Old 04-09-2002, 11:20 AM

Re: Re: NISMO Parts

Originally posted by soundmike
Anything is possible at this point. The question is, are they actually going to spend R&D money/time/effort to provide aftermarket parts to the current (outgoing) and previous generation Maxima's?

All i can say is, I really hope so.
I'm sure NISMO's goal is the same as every other entity in existence, to MAKE MONEY! If enough interest is expressed in obtaining parts for previous/current maxima models, then why would they not want to accomodate that interest? Maybe if we formed some sort of a consortium where we showed that we were in fact interested in performance parts and somehow could get it recognized by NISMO, we could make an impact. Who's with me? If you're seriously interested in this then reply to this thread with u'r opinion. Peace.
Old 04-09-2002, 11:51 AM
Very sound, Mike

Re: Re: Re: NISMO Parts

Not that i'm being a pessimist. But unlike some other car manufacturer (Honda), the Maxima enthusiast community isn't even half as big (US Alone) and thus the reason why some aftermarket vendors prefer to just skip this model altogether when it comes to premium-ticket parts.

But it never hurts to try. I'm in.
Old 04-09-2002, 12:00 PM

Re: Re: Re: NISMO Parts

I'm sure NISMO's goal is the same as every other entity in existence, to MAKE MONEY! If enough interest is expressed in obtaining parts for previous/current maxima models, then why would they not want to accomodate that interest? Maybe if we formed some sort of a consortium where we showed that we were in fact interested in performance parts and somehow could get it recognized by NISMO, we could make an impact. Who's with me? If you're seriously interested in this then reply to this thread with u'r opinion. Peace.
I agree.

That's what makes MAXIMA.org so powerful.

However, the only way to really show interest in terms companies understand is to BUY anything/everything they make that is made for our car. That is why the Honda aftermarket is growing so fast. People influence what companies make by throwing cash at anything, even if it doesn't perform as promised. This is not necessarily bad. At first it sucks, but as people begin to figure out what works and what doesn't they will buy more of the products that work. Eventually the crap products will disappear and more QUALITY products will evolve into a serious parts selection.

I like our situation better. We have the numbers and money to influence companys to produce QUALITY products according to demand. However, we have to "pioneer" these adventures, so you must expect to pay more. A good example is the Cattmans' Quaiffe differential and Gen II Coilovers. Another example is Place Racings' motor mounts and CAI. These are not cheap, but they are available and are QUALITY products. If more of us bought these, they would become cheaper and cause them and others to notice there is a market for 4DSC performance parts.

Sorry for the long winded post, but we should pull together and FORCE companies such as Place Racing, Hot Shot, JWT, Cattman Performance, and now NISMO USA to recognize there is demand. We just need to "SHOW THEM THE MONEY", if they can meet that demand.
Old 04-09-2002, 12:10 PM
Very sound, Mike

Re: Re: Re: Re: NISMO Parts

Well, i did my part. I actually wrote a letter to BomexAero to inform them of bodykit demand from the Maxima community in general and to see if they're willing to take the plunge to create kits for all generation Maxima's. I like their approach in design as it doesn't look riced out at all.

I've seen their line-up both online and in SCC's magazine (coverage of some autoshow) and they look elegant yet aggressive.
Old 04-09-2002, 12:15 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: NISMO Parts

Well, i did my part. I actually wrote a letter to BomexAero to inform them of bodykit demand from the Maxima community in general and to see if they're willing to take the plunge to create kits for all generation Maxima's. I like their approach in design as it doesn't look riced out at all.

I've seen their line-up both online and in SCC's magazine (coverage of some autoshow) and they look elegant yet aggressive.
Again, I agree.

BOMEX makes sweet looking kits.

Are they urethane?
Old 04-09-2002, 12:24 PM
Very sound, Mike

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: NISMO Parts

Polyurethane if i'm not mistaken.

Btw, just got a response. Tough call to make but at least we have a chance. Do you think this is worth posting as a new thread to gain interest?

===============
To: soundmike
Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2002 2:15 PM
Subject: Re: Body Kit

We don't have an immediate plans on body kit for Maxima at this time.
We don't offer any custom work.
In order for a project to be commercially viable, we minimum of 75-100 kits.
Prices would be similar to most of our other kits, ranging from $1,000 to $1300 depending on design.
Project will take 6 months or more.
If this is something you would like to discuss further, please let me know.
--
Bomex USA, Inc.
Authentic Japanese Body Kit
Voted No. 1 by consumer, May 2000 Option Mag
310-355-0181, 310-355-0182f
Thanks for your interest!
Old 04-09-2002, 12:52 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: NISMO Parts

Polyurethane if i'm not mistaken.

Btw, just got a response. Tough call to make but at least we have a chance. Do you think this is worth posting as a new thread to gain interest?

===============
To: soundmike
Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2002 2:15 PM
Subject: Re: Body Kit

We don't have an immediate plans on body kit for Maxima at this time.
We don't offer any custom work.
In order for a project to be commercially viable, we minimum of 75-100 kits.
Prices would be similar to most of our other kits, ranging from $1,000 to $1300 depending on design.
Project will take 6 months or more.
If this is something you would like to discuss further, please let me know.
--
Bomex USA, Inc.
Authentic Japanese Body Kit
Voted No. 1 by consumer, May 2000 Option Mag
310-355-0181, 310-355-0182f
Thanks for your interest!
WOW! 75-100 kits! $75K-100K min. for R&D interest? No way we could get that many.

Maybe 20 MAX, withOUT a PROTOTYPE kit, just because of who they are. Once there was a prototype kit to see as an example, I'm betting 2 or 3 times that in the first year. No way before we even know what we are buying.

They're bluffing. I bet they get requests quite often and that's their typical response. Try anyways and see how many FOR SURE would be ready in 6-months. Doubt it though.

This is EXACTLY what I was talking about above, but I don't think that's reasonable for this market.
Old 04-09-2002, 01:09 PM
Very sound, Mike

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: NISMO Parts

Yeah, just too much. I doubt everyone on this board would want one. Perhaps, if anything, we can ask them to slightly modify an existing kit to fit the Maxima... should be less R&D.

I'll mail them back when i get home. Will probably try calling them up if anything.
Old 04-10-2002, 12:43 AM
Future Camaro SS owner

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: NISMO Parts

Yeah, just too much. I doubt everyone on this board would want one. Perhaps, if anything, we can ask them to slightly modify an existing kit to fit the Maxima... should be less R&D.

I'll mail them back when i get home. Will probably try calling them up if anything.
All I got to say is Nismo= turbo hopefully.
Old 04-10-2002, 12:51 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: NISMO Parts

WOW! 75-100 kits! $75K-100K min. for R&D interest? No way we could get that many.

Maybe 20 MAX, withOUT a PROTOTYPE kit, just because of who they are. Once there was a prototype kit to see as an example, I'm betting 2 or 3 times that in the first year. No way before we even know what we are buying.

They're bluffing. I bet they get requests quite often and that's their typical response. Try anyways and see how many FOR SURE would be ready in 6-months. Doubt it though.

This is EXACTLY what I was talking about above, but I don't think that's reasonable for this market.
That has to be a scare tactic....thats ALOT of kits..and ALOT of money...yea id pay 2000 for a full urethane body kit...thats tasteful..but oh man...i wonder what bomex would really do for us..i get ALOT of compliments from the kombat bumper alone...from 38 year olds in toyota 4 runners....to 13 year olds riding with their dad in a 1969 datsun 1600...im sure ALOT of people would buy the kits. Distribution would be the issue..
Old 04-10-2002, 01:05 AM
Future Camaro SS owner

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: NISMO Parts

Originally posted by chinaonnitrous1

That has to be a scare tactic....thats ALOT of kits..and ALOT of money...yea id pay 2000 for a full urethane body kit...thats tasteful..but oh man...i wonder what bomex would really do for us..i get ALOT of compliments from the kombat bumper alone...from 38 year olds in toyota 4 runners....to 13 year olds riding with their dad in a 1969 datsun 1600...im sure ALOT of people would buy the kits. Distribution would be the issue..

Bomex uses fiberglass I know because my friend here as a bomex kit on his 3000 GT and it's fiberglass.
http://www.northernanimation.com/na/joe6.html
Old 04-10-2002, 01:39 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: NISMO Parts

Originally posted by myownnismo

All I got to say is Nismo= turbo hopefully.
Or a supercharger kit or something! Something with an aftercooler like the Vortech package for the Civic Si. I mean if you can fit a blower and an aftercooler inside a CIVIC's engine bay anything is possible. A good reliable Nitrous Kit would be nice to. Other things on my wish list are, ECU, high flow MAS, Throttle body, headers, flywheel, and short throw shifter.
I'd like to see an all motor VQ Maxima hit 300 hp one day. Anyone think thats possible?

Jesse
Old 04-10-2002, 06:42 AM

Intake
Exhaust
Underhood dress up
interior dress up
FSTB (Courtesy Style)
RSTB (Courtesy Style)
RSB (Adjustable, like STILLENs, but friendly install.)
Badges (A Must.)
HLSD (Plates to wear out.)
Coil Springs(Espelir)
shocks (Nissan Motorsports USA)
No Cams (JWT has market.)
Potential ECU.(Kev, knows I got something coming.)
No Y-Pipe options.(Smog Illegal.)
Autech may come into the USA Market, almost like NisMo, but make very good body kits, and interior styling/useful pieces.(Something I heard.)
Wheels(1,2,3pc.)15x7-18x10

2004 Maxima = Y34 Cedric/Gloria (Do the search.)
Clue you in on something..)4.5 V8 Roots S/C
JDM Market uses the 4.5 V8 or VQ30DET.

No forced induction options, unless they have figured out the Roots S/C route, but they will not go the centrifical S/C route.(Powerdyne considered, but dropped in favor of roots.)
No Turbo options, no nitrous options.(JWT Market or Custom.)

Old 04-10-2002, 06:58 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

How come Wings West doesn't selling any body kits, or spoilers for the 5th gen maxima?
Old 04-10-2002, 07:04 AM

Originally posted by gramenis
How come Wings West doesn't selling any body kits, or spoilers for the 5th gen maxima?
No one volunteered their car to guinea pig a kit.

Any good body shop should be able to mold a kit from Wings West on your car.
As for spoilers, it can be done.

Old 04-10-2002, 07:36 AM

The thing about Nismo is...

There must have been at least a few parts out in Japan for the A32 and A33 Cefiros(4th and 5th gen Maximas, respectively), so Nismo wouldn't necessarily have to make "new" parts. They could just sell some of the Cefiro parts that can fit on the Maximas.
Old 04-10-2002, 08:19 AM

Re: The thing about Nismo is...

Originally posted by Black VQ
There must have been at least a few parts out in Japan for the A32 and A33 Cefiros(4th and 5th gen Maximas, respectively), so Nismo wouldn't necessarily have to make "new" parts. They could just sell some of the Cefiro parts that can fit on the Maximas.
Wanna read the list again or are Newbie Posts not worth the time of other "established" members ?

Old 04-10-2002, 02:18 PM

Re: Re: The thing about Nismo is...

Originally posted by Chimp Dj
Wanna read the list again or are Newbie Posts not worth the time of other "established" members ?
Uh, right.

Anyway, I was just giving the reason that these parts would be available. Sorry if I stepped on your toes.
Old 04-10-2002, 03:46 PM

I'm a little pessimistic about Nismo parts for the Maxima. The Japanese Nismo site doesn't list the Maxima (Cefiro in Japan)for parts. Hopefully that will be different for NA.

http://www.nismo.co.jp/
Old 04-10-2002, 04:20 PM
lcf

Originally posted by MaxRPM
I'm a little pessimistic about Nismo parts for the Maxima. The Japanese Nismo site doesn't list the Maxima (Cefiro in Japan)for parts. Hopefully that will be different for NA.

http://www.nismo.co.jp/
who would they be targeting then?

sentra and altima owners?
Old 04-11-2002, 07:12 AM

Re: Re: Re: The thing about Nismo is...

Originally posted by Black VQ

Uh, right.

Anyway, I was just giving the reason that these parts would be available. Sorry if I stepped on your toes.
Sorry, if I had that "tone" I listed the parts and there won't be much of a selection since there honestly isn't much presence when it comes to Maxima/Cefiro Parts.
Just gotta dig a bit more to find the selection.
But yo its ok right ?

-Peace

Old 04-11-2002, 08:00 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Man I would love to see Nismo put out a LSD for the 2k2 since its the one option I didnt hold out for.
Old 04-11-2002, 09:17 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: The thing about Nismo is...

Sorry, if I had that "tone" I listed the parts and there won't be much of a selection since there honestly isn't much presence when it comes to Maxima/Cefiro Parts.
Just gotta dig a bit more to find the selection.
But yo its ok right ?

-Peace
What's up Hogan(aka yo_its_ok, aka Chimp Dj)?

Ya undercover?
Old 04-11-2002, 10:31 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The thing about Nismo is...

What's up Hogan(aka yo_its_ok, aka Chimp Dj)?

Ya undercover?
yo_its_ok is banned, dead, etc...

undercover nothing, more like "watch what you say and you can stay."
Or else I guess I get tickled tortured by Jamie.

Old 04-11-2002, 11:36 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The thing about Nismo is...

yo_its_ok is banned, dead, etc...

undercover nothing, more like "watch what you say and you can stay."
Or else I guess I get tickled tortured by Jamie.
I knew it was you. So what did you do to get banned? Link to thread?

I might just have you mail me back the $60, unless you got something new coming. However, I thought you were out of the Max parts business.

Eventually, I'll probably get the 6000K Philips D2R from ya, but I don't have the extra cash right now.
Old 04-11-2002, 07:43 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The thing about Nismo is...

I knew it was you. So what did you do to get banned? Link to thread?

I might just have you mail me back the $60, unless you got something new coming. However, I thought you were out of the Max parts business.

Eventually, I'll probably get the 6000K Philips D2R from ya, but I don't have the extra cash right now.
I simply banned myself. Link ? LoL. Deleted along w/ all of my posts. However I had 172 posts in locked threads.

50% of the .org knows who I was from my post style, and admin + moderators knew via IP

Anytime you need it, let me know.
I am out of the Max Parts Business, Maxximum Tuning is PJs now. It doesn't mean, that I can't work on my own car or Toylet's. Easy access to 5th gen A/T or M/T. (Respectively.)
Simply, Looks can be very decieving, especially w/ my Pathfinder as Confused found out vs my VG Pathfinder, now the VQ Pathfinder, thats something interesting. Now under the knife again, and awaiting something special.

Philips, I've kissed their ***** long enough.
Anytime you need those burners, let me know.

Old 04-11-2002, 09:07 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The thing about Nismo is...

I simply banned myself. Link ? LoL. Deleted along w/ all of my posts. However I had 172 posts in locked threads.

50% of the .org knows who I was from my post style, and admin + moderators knew via IP

Anytime you need it, let me know.
I am out of the Max Parts Business, Maxximum Tuning is PJs now. It doesn't mean, that I can't work on my own car or Toylet's. Easy access to 5th gen A/T or M/T. (Respectively.)
Simply, Looks can be very decieving, especially w/ my Pathfinder as Confused found out vs my VG Pathfinder, now the VQ Pathfinder, thats something interesting. Now under the knife again, and awaiting something special.

Philips, I've kissed their ***** long enough.
Anytime you need those burners, let me know.
Cool.

Stay out of trouble.