5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

The Newest Mod, and the BEST !

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2002, 01:06 AM
L33t BMW Drivah

The Newest Mod, and the BEST !

Ok, now that I got you guys to look at this. Im a tired of seeing people argue over this CAI, and that Franken, or Berk, or a Pulley , even a Muffler. I just posted on the Injen CAI thread. If you own a 6 speed 2K2, you own a beast that has a great potential. Here is my MOD for you ! Learn to Launch, Shift your BEAST ! Stop spending your money on MODS, if you still cant figure out how to get your STOCK SE into the LOW 14's...... Any of you guys with 6 speeds should be running 14's no matter what, and LOW 14's if not a HIGH 13 with some mods..I owned a 6 speed LT1, and the key is launching- shifting. No exhaust , Intake or springs... will make you go faster, if you cant get the most out of your car.... Just my $1.50 ,,, as a word of advice to my fellow ORG members.... ! Oh by the way, if youre in SoCal, Leftcoast and I are setting up races at Carlsbad Raceway on May 18th..contact him or I.. !
Old 04-27-2002, 01:08 AM

I wish I was in your area of the country, but I'll be busy poking my heads into the 13s with just my intake Sunday afternoon.
Old 04-27-2002, 01:14 AM
L33t BMW Drivah

Ok here's an example. I had a 94 Transa am LT1, with only SLP Headers, Exhaust , and a gutted Cat, and an intake..... I ran a low 12 at Englishtown on 255/50 BFG ZR's.. I never got Drag Radials, because I was afraid to break stuff. I had Drag Radials on my Stang...and I kept breaking motor mounts....I know if you guys practice your launches and shifts, instead of buying up MODS, we can have a certified 13 second 2K2 6 speed with no MOTOR work.. I drove Leftcoasts car, with no Maxx experience... his car screams POWER !.... I wish I could have a week with it !
Old 04-27-2002, 04:34 AM

Kloogy's 100% correct. You can knock tenths off just by perfecting your launch technique.

The topic's been tossed around in a ton of threads, but many "faster" cars have been embarrased by a stock ride getting a solid hole shot.

Maybe there should be a thread on driving technique. Or is this one already?
Old 04-27-2002, 05:00 AM

Re: The Newest Mod, and the BEST !

Originally posted by kloogy
Ok, now that I got you guys to look at this. Im a tired of seeing people argue over this CAI, and that Franken, or Berk, or a Pulley , even a Muffler. I just posted on the Injen CAI thread. If you own a 6 speed 2K2, you own a beast that has a great potential. Here is my MOD for you ! Learn to Launch, Shift your BEAST ! Stop spending your money on MODS, if you still cant figure out how to get your STOCK SE into the LOW 14's...... Any of you guys with 6 speeds should be running 14's no matter what, and LOW 14's if not a HIGH 13 with some mods..I owned a 6 speed LT1, and the key is launching- shifting. No exhaust , Intake or springs... will make you go faster, if you cant get the most out of your car.... Just my $1.50 ,,, as a word of advice to my fellow ORG members.... ! Oh by the way, if youre in SoCal, Leftcoast and I are setting up races at Carlsbad Raceway on May 18th..contact him or I.. !
If anybody in the N. IL area would like lessons please contact me. I have a auto (because of wife) now but am VERY effective with a manual trans. I would need a max of 5 shots and I could tell you what rpm to launch (under those conditions) and when to shift and instruct on how to shift with never lifting the throttle. This is a serious offer. I have been driving manual since I was 14 and have never replaced a clutch before 125,000 miles. I got my stk 87 5.0 lx stang to a best of 14.49 @ 98.9mph @ great lake dragaway and we all know how crappy it can be there. I would have a sex speed now except my wife (who I taught to drive a manual in 15mins) refuses to drive one.
l8tr -- SS
Old 04-27-2002, 06:19 PM

hehe yep, its all about the driver. If anybody saw my brothers 2k2 Max vs 2k2 Altima vids it was a good example

Hey Maximus: keep us posted on how you do at the track. My bro got his Frankencar installed the otherday and it feels real strong. Hopefully I can nudge him into taking it to the track real soon or *cough* borrow the keys for a Friday night jk
Old 04-27-2002, 07:13 PM

Originally posted by PlanoSER
hehe yep, its all about the driver. If anybody saw my brothers 2k2 Max vs 2k2 Altima vids it was a good example

Hey Maximus: keep us posted on how you do at the track. My bro got his Frankencar installed the otherday and it feels real strong. Hopefully I can nudge him into taking it to the track real soon or *cough* borrow the keys for a Friday night jk
Yeah, I'm looking very forward to tomorrow afternoon at Steele. I'm gonna go out a little later to a deserted road and practice my launch for a good while. Glad you like the frankencar intake. I can feel and especially hear the difference.
Old 04-27-2002, 07:32 PM

yeah man, with the franken car intake, it sounds fuggin MEAN from 6000rpms on up to Redline. Good Luck tomorrow, and bring us back some 13second slips
Old 04-27-2002, 07:43 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: The Newest Mod, and the BEST !

Kloogy I totally agree with you. I know my times were crap but it was my first time racing and I wasnt used to the launch. I had .4 second better my second time just from a better launch. I will be returning to englishtown in the next few weeks to work on better times. Ill post when I do!!
Old 04-27-2002, 10:17 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

I didnt post the thread to criticize anyone's times. Im just making a suggestion to get the most out of the MAXX !
Old 04-28-2002, 07:42 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I didnt post the thread to criticize anyone's times. Im just making a suggestion to get the most out of the MAXX !

Never said your were critisizing. Im just saying I see your point. I kinow how important a good launch and shifting are for improved driving. Its usually the last thing people worry about though.
Old 04-28-2002, 08:19 AM

Re: Re: The Newest Mod, and the BEST !

Originally posted by ssiperko

If anybody in the N. IL area would like lessons please contact me. I have a auto (because of wife) now but am VERY effective with a manual trans. I would need a max of 5 shots and I could tell you what rpm to launch (under those conditions) and when to shift and instruct on how to shift with never lifting the throttle. This is a serious offer. I have been driving manual since I was 14 and have never replaced a clutch before 125,000 miles. I got my stk 87 5.0 lx stang to a best of 14.49 @ 98.9mph @ great lake dragaway and we all know how crappy it can be there. I would have a sex speed now except my wife (who I taught to drive a manual in 15mins) refuses to drive one.
l8tr -- SS
Guy!!! you just made me see the light....at work there is a new 2k2 Altima and the guys works with me....I have a 2k2 Max and we both have Automatic.( lately ive been asking if the auto max is faster then the auto Altima )...infront of our office we have a clear straight away ...we raced there last week and he beat me horrbily...by atleast a full car lenght.....two days later I raced a 2k1 Maxima manual....and he beat me too but not by much....about 1/4 of a car lenght...at first i thought it was because I have a fully loaded SE Max....but now u guys are making me think its my take off....Since i really dont have too much experiance driving!! Im in the chicagoland area....can anyone give me any pointers on what do with a Auto max?? Any help greatly apreciated

John

only Mod: clear side Markers
Navigation....got to love it
Old 04-28-2002, 12:04 PM
Yankees pwn you !

First and foremost, make sure your Traction Control, if you have it is OFF ! If you have it and didnt turn it off, you would lose some serious time on the Launch !