5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

What are my choices for Super Charger or Turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2002, 07:29 AM

What are my choices for Super Charger or Turbo?

I just wanted to know what kind of Super Charger or Turbo are out there? Also where to get them and how much. Can ppls post some pics up? Thanks.
Old 05-05-2002, 07:51 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: What are my choices for Super Charger or Turbo?

Originally posted by maxima168
I just wanted to know what kind of Super Charger or Turbo are out there? Also where to get them and how much. Can ppls post some pics up? Thanks.
Well maxima168, there's been so much written on this topic that it really doesn't make sense for anyone to post until you've done your homework. That means you need to use the search feature. People can respond if they want to, of course. But those that do will simply be perpetuating an ongoing problem by helping you figure out what you're perfectly capable of figuring out on your own.
Old 05-05-2002, 09:11 AM

there are lots try searching like that dude said there are lots of choices
Old 05-05-2002, 12:32 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

and if searching isnt your style, check the FAQ sticky.
Old 05-05-2002, 01:09 PM

Originally posted by zman187
there are lots try searching like that dude said there are lots of choices
What are you smoking? There are NO choices. Stillen has a Supercharger and that's it. As of now there are no "kits" for turbos for any Maxima. A few people have done a full custom turbo. A few people are in process of doing a turbo, and a few of them are saying that they will develop a kit, but as of now you get a Stillen supercharger, or play pioneer and do it yourself with a turbo.

Stereodude
Old 05-05-2002, 01:40 PM

Originally posted by Stereodude
What are you smoking? There are NO choices. Stillen has a Supercharger and that's it. As of now there are no "kits" for turbos for any Maxima. A few people have done a full custom turbo. A few people are in process of doing a turbo, and a few of them are saying that they will develop a kit, but as of now you get a Stillen supercharger, or play pioneer and do it yourself with a turbo.

Stereodude
And there's the problem in a nutshell, Stereodude. How can we expect Lurkers and Newbies . . . let alone Maxima Fanatics . . . to use the tools provided by this forum for locating information on their own if people like you keep giving them all the answers?

Old 05-05-2002, 02:55 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Originally posted by y2kse

And there's the problem in a nutshell, Stereodude. How can we expect Lurkers and Newbies . . . let alone Maxima Fanatics . . . to use the tools provided by this forum for locating information on their own if people like you keep giving them all the answers?

Old 05-05-2002, 03:27 PM

I'm all for telling people to do a search, but most of the people's posts in here are highly misleading. They make it sound like we've got more options than we know what to do with. That's simply not the case. After reading the other people's responses someone is going to get the idea that there are 5 different turbo and supercharger kits available for the Maxima. When they do that search they're not going to find that to be the case. Why not set the record straight before they do a search.

Stereodude
Old 05-05-2002, 03:58 PM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

Originally posted by Stereodude
I'm all for telling people to do a search, but most of the people's posts in here are highly misleading. They make it sound like we've got more options than we know what to do with. That's simply not the case. After reading the other people's responses someone is going to get the idea that there are 5 different turbo and supercharger kits available for the Maxima. When they do that search they're not going to find that to be the case. Why not set the record straight before they do a search.

Stereodude
And not to mention the fact that doing a search is a pain in the ***. Sometimes it's nice to actually talk to someone instead of sorting through pages of crap to find out what you want........
Old 05-05-2002, 04:06 PM

I'm with stereodude.....
Old 05-05-2002, 05:08 PM

yeah!!!!!!!!!!!1

im with stereodude..ALSO...so there...BUDDY!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-05-2002, 07:34 PM

If you guys haven't figured it out yet, the reason the search feature doesn't work the way it should is because people have to trudge through threads like this one! Those who have really useful information to convey stopped posting long ago because they were tired of repeating themselves over and over again. So the value of the information presented in these redundant threads just keeps getting worse and worse. And people who don't learn how to use tools like the FAQs and the search function end up with the scraps instead of the meal. What really amazes me is that some of you actually seem to be proud of your unwillingness to insist that people learn how to use the tools this forum provides.

Jeff92se's signature says it all: "I'm not answering the question for the 10th time club member #1."

If it's not already too late, sign me up as club member #2, Jeff!
Old 05-06-2002, 05:07 AM

This thinking is somewhat dry. If people should read what was posted instead of asking then what the **** is the point of the forums? Why not create a FAQ and take maxima.org down?

This is a forum... a discussion board... not a FAQ.

And if you think this thread is wasting space then don't bloat it by making comments. and if you don't like it then don't reply with bull**** that doesn't help anyone.

if every time a newbie posts a stupid question and people reply with "USE THE SEARCH MORON" or something similar then what was solved... In that time you replied you could have actually answered his question and be thanked... or does doing someone a favor or being thanked mean nothing

blah
Old 05-06-2002, 06:26 AM

I think i am going to go with the turbo instead anyways. Even though there is lag in a turbo. I know some local guy that does custom turbo so i am going to get a custom turbo , I think it will still be cheaper than getting the stillen supercharger. I posted this thread to see what kind of a used or new supercharger or turbo for a 5 gen. CHEAP on the org i could ask for. But after talking to one of my friend that’s getting his turbo upgrade by a local guy I am going to get a turbo.

thanks
anyways
Old 05-06-2002, 06:33 AM

custom turbo end up being cheaper than a S/C? that doesnt seem very likely...unless you do everything yourself
Old 05-06-2002, 09:12 AM

Originally posted by melteye
This thinking is somewhat dry. If people should read what was posted instead of asking then what the **** is the point of the forums? Why not create a FAQ and take maxima.org down?

I stand by my position, melteye. Forum members with the most useful information will not respond to the same question indefinitely. So those who ask for information and are not directed to where it resides are the losers. And I, for one, would never refer to anyone as a "moron". I leave it for morons to make such references.
Old 05-06-2002, 09:29 AM
I'm needing a caw

#2 is all free and clear for you. :P

Jeff92se's signature says it all: "I'm not answering the question for the 10th time club member #1."

If it's not already too late, sign me up as club member #2, Jeff!
Old 05-06-2002, 09:30 AM
I'm needing a caw

You asked how to change your oil from normal to Amsoil. I answered then you deleted your post! What's up with that??

Originally posted by melteye

This is a forum... a discussion board... not a FAQ.

And if you think this thread is wasting space then don't bloat it by making comments. and if you don't like it then don't reply with bull**** that doesn't help anyone.

if every time a newbie posts a stupid question and people reply with "USE THE SEARCH MORON" or something similar then what was solved... In that time you replied you could have actually answered his question and be thanked... or does doing someone a favor or being thanked mean nothing

blah
Old 05-06-2002, 09:39 AM

Originally posted by Jeff92se
#2 is all free and clear for you. :P

Kul! Check my sig . . .
Old 05-06-2002, 07:34 PM

Most of my threads I delete after I get an answer to get rid of some of the traffic on the forums. I leave what I think people might find useful, but the question was very basic and most people would already know the answer, so I delete it.
Old 05-06-2002, 07:38 PM

I stand by my position, melteye. Forum members with the most useful information will not respond to the same question indefinitely. So those who ask for information and are not directed to where it resides are the losers. And I, for one, would never refer to anyone as a "moron". I leave it for morons to make such references.
The main reason I replied with that comment was not because of your reply... But that most the replies said the exact same thing ("use the search"), once is plenty . I understand what your saying and agree, but I just hate it when people complain about "stupid" posts or questions and just keep blabbing about using search REPEATEDLY. (not you of course). I'm sure you dislike repitition (in posts and in threads), as do I.
Old 05-06-2002, 07:41 PM

All that fuss for nothin'. I guess the "search ur selfers" win.
Old 05-06-2002, 08:15 PM

Originally posted by woreyah

I guess the "search ur selfers" win.
That's been my experience, woreyah. The wealth of information on this forum is truly amazing. But people have to be willing to look under the covers to find it.

"Laziness is the root of all evil!"
Old 05-07-2002, 10:19 AM
I'm needing a caw

Refer to my sig. All questions are answered there
Old 05-07-2002, 11:44 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Children

Thats funny, the 2 minutes it took me to read through this post, I read nothing but arguments about things totally unrelated to the topic.

You guys should grow up and stop wasting board space. Eventually someone doing a "search" will stumble on you BS and waste their time like I just did. If you want to argue with each other take it to PM.

As for the topic
Stillen only makes the SC for 2000-2001 ... everyone is patiently waiting for the rhumored SC stillen does not want to admitt to.
Nismo might make something (since they are bringing their stuff to NA) but no one is suspecting anything from Nismo anytime soon.

IMO Supercharger would be better than Turbo. You have a 3.5L monster engine with a turbo, if God forbid you hit a corner and boost spikes (or spools up) on your turbo, you WILL write off your car. SC is more linear (than Turbo) and will make "enough" power if you want it to. Your internals can only handle so much boost, whether its turbo or SC. The only advantage of a turbo is that its more "effecient" ... but who cares about MPG with a $46,000CDN car. You want to go fast? pay the the price.

Good luck
~Andy
Old 05-07-2002, 01:46 PM

Re: Children

Originally posted by Batman_Canada
Thats funny, the 2 minutes it took me to read through this post, I read nothing but arguments about things totally unrelated to the topic.

You guys should grow up and stop wasting board space. Eventually someone doing a "search" will stumble on you BS and waste their time like I just did. If you want to argue with each other take it to PM.

I have to respectfully disagree, Andy. If someone stumbles upon this post while doing a search and spends the same 2 minutes reading it that you did, perhaps they'll learn where to look for the information they seek. They may then adopt a different attitude and put what they learned to good use rather than build a resentment over it. And besides, Jeff92se managed to double the size of his "I'm not answering the question for the 10th time" club. That alone was worth it, right Jeff?

"It's always better to give a resentment than to get a resentment!"
Old 05-07-2002, 03:30 PM

Pleez..Someone lock this thread. This thread has become useless and is more about bashing posters and the search engine instead of answering the initial question and letting it go at that!

I'm with Stereodude.
Old 05-07-2002, 04:19 PM

Originally posted by jkratzer
This thread has become useless . . .

Guess who's keeping this useless thread alive?
Old 05-08-2002, 09:42 AM
I'm needing a caw

Just get both and be done with it. I saw a skyline with both
Old 05-08-2002, 09:56 AM

Originally posted by Jeff92se
Just get both and be done with it. I saw a skyline with both
How did that work, Jeff? Did the supercharger provide boost until the turbo kicked in, or were both the supercharger AND the turbo providing boost at the same time?
Old 05-08-2002, 10:03 AM
I'm needing a caw

I believe it was supercharger then a big azzed single turbo.

How did that work, Jeff? Did the supercharger provide boost until the turbo kicked in, or were both the supercharger AND the turbo providing boost at the same time?