5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

advice...thanx

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2002, 10:02 PM

advice...thanx

i read so many different opinions on lowering springs...
can someone reliable please recommend me to the BEST products, price doesnt matter...well except stillen please...way $$ too much!
and shocks and struts would be helpful too because i heard u HAVE to change or else....
Old 05-05-2002, 10:34 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Price is not really the thing here, it is about how much you want it to drop. The maxspeeds drop about 1.7" in the front and 1.2" in the rear. If you look at my homepage and then go to the comparisons, you will see for yourself.

You can always get H&Rs, or Progress Springs.

Struts I would recommend doing the new KYB AGXs from Cattman. I think they are the best since you can adjust the rebound on them.

Dixit
Old 05-05-2002, 10:43 PM

Simple. If you have any concerns about anything, by H&R's. If you are not very ****, decide how much u want to pay, and how much you want to lower, and go from there. I wanted minimal drop, and stock ride, so I bought H&R's. If you want more. Just do it.
Old 05-05-2002, 10:45 PM

Do you have to upgrade shocks/struts when you upgrade your springs???
I am looking to buy some lowering springs too, I am just starting to do some mods to my car and this is one of the first ones I want to do
Old 05-06-2002, 06:59 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by armando8a
Do you have to upgrade shocks/struts when you upgrade your springs???
I am looking to buy some lowering springs too, I am just starting to do some mods to my car and this is one of the first ones I want to do
I already answered this question. If you want to upgrade you can on the struts, you dont have to. You can get away with rolling on your stock struts.

Dixit
Old 05-06-2002, 07:05 AM

Dixit

Originally posted by BigDogJonx

I already answered this question. If you want to upgrade you can on the struts, you dont have to. You can get away with rolling on your stock struts.

Dixit
Sorry OT.

Did you get the Grill and Valance installed? I still haven't recieved my valance it should be here soon. Did you have trouble with the valance also?

As far as struts, yes you can keep your stockies but your lowered ride will stress them more and sooner or later you will need new ones.