5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

I fear the bug is about to get me...

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2002, 06:58 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I fear the bug is about to get me...

I've had my Max for less than a month. I thought when I got it(and still do) that the Max is one BadA$$ looking car. I never thought I would be wanting to immediately drop thousands of dollars into my car. Everyday the wish list gets bigger and bigger. And its all because I found this website. Y'all are an inspiration. I'm even considering trying to find another source of income so I can pay my Mortgage, Car Payments, and get many Mods. I'm a software engineer by day, hmm maybe a South Beach or Las Olas Bartender by night?!?!? I got to find something so I can afford a set of 18x8 SSR GT1's wrapped in some Michelin Pilots. Springs, shocks, exhaust, clear markers, dash kit,...the list keeps going. I could charge some stuff, but I have never carried a balance on any of my credit cards and don't want to start. All I do is think about my Max...

Just thought I would share how I'm feeling with people who would understand.
Old 05-10-2002, 07:02 AM

I know how ya' feel--pay rent? or mod maxima?, pay rent? or mod maxima?
Old 05-10-2002, 07:04 AM
jjs

buy food, mod Max, buy food, mod Max...

breathe in, mod Max, breathe out, mod Max...

Old 05-10-2002, 07:13 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: ...

Originally posted by jjs
buy food, mod Max, buy food, mod Max...

breathe in, mod Max, breathe out, mod Max...

I had the same problem, but then I found the perfect solution....
eat roomate's food, mod max, eat roomate's food, mod max...
Old 05-10-2002, 07:13 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

"Once you start, you can't stop."
Old 05-10-2002, 08:20 AM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

I started to type this exact same e-mail yesterday.. I wake up in the middle of the night and go to this website. My Stillen catalog has not left my side yet. I registered on May 3 and I have already purchased a Stillen Y Pipe, K&N Intake, new racing pedals, Blue Magic Plastic Polish, and car wax. I have also decided to put the 19" rims and tires back on my car which will cost around $1000.

That's like $1600 in a two week period. My girlfriend is so ****ed at me right now. She is dead broke and I am fawking obsessed with buying crap for my car. I feel sick in the head. Maxima, Maxima, Maxima. I have not gotten anything done at work because of this website. I am neglecting all of my clients because of the ******* website!

I need resolution. I AM FINISHED AFTER THIS. I PROMISE. No more mods.....
Old 05-10-2002, 08:23 AM

Originally posted by asu174
I started to type this exact same e-mail yesterday.. I wake up in the middle of the night and go to this website. My Stillen catalog has not left my side yet. I registered on May 3 and I have already purchased a Stillen Y Pipe, K&N Intake, new racing pedals, Blue Magic Plastic Polish, and car wax. I have also decided to put the 19" rims and tires back on my car which will cost around $1000.

That's like $1600 in a two week period. My girlfriend is so ****ed at me right now. She is dead broke and I am fawking obsessed with buying crap for my car. I feel sick in the head. Maxima, Maxima, Maxima. I have not gotten anything done at work because of this website. I am neglecting all of my clients because of the ******* website!

I need resolution. I AM FINISHED AFTER THIS. I PROMISE. No more mods.....
I am definitely schizo because I am replying to my own post. I NEED an e-brake handle. I NEED a pulley kit. I NEED exhaust. SUCK IT UP YOU PUSS! MAXENE NEEDS YOU!
Old 05-10-2002, 08:45 AM

I started modding my skate board at age 14, better wheels(55mm spitfires) expensive free spinning berring(Swiss) It wwas just a down word spiral from there. Everything I do I always have to have the best wether it be a stamp collection or maxima mods..
Old 05-10-2002, 08:54 AM

since i got my first job when i was 16 i was all about saving my $. i'd just put it in tha bank and would hardly ever touch it. i HATED spending $. now all of a sudden i have the attitude of "what is the point of saving it if i am never going to spend it?"...while i have more fun with this reasoning i have way less money. throwing down for my rims was the hardest thing i have ever done. before i had the $ for anything i wanted but now its getting to the point where i have to pick and choose or work more to afford something. ive never had to do that before since i always had my hoard of money. its really fun though
Old 05-10-2002, 09:00 AM

Modding the max......

...is like crack, it will steal your mind, your money and your attention!!!!!

lol
Old 05-10-2002, 09:14 AM

Re: I fear the bug is about to get me...

Originally posted by Hobert
I've had my Max for less than a month. I thought when I got it(and still do) that the Max is one BadA$$ looking car. I never thought I would be wanting to immediately drop thousands of dollars into my car. Everyday the wish list gets bigger and bigger. And its all because I found this website.

dude!!! believe you me......YOU ARE F*CKED! HAHAHAHAHHAHA!

The bug is not about to get you....IT ALREADY OWNS YOU...

like the borg say......"resistance is futile"

happy modding!!
Old 05-10-2002, 09:44 AM
Blu
the tits

How about this one MOD MAX don't pay rent LIVE in MAX just kidding :laugh
Old 05-10-2002, 10:58 AM

I've had my Max for less than a month. I thought when I got it(and still do) that the Max is one BadA$$ looking car. I never thought I would be wanting to immediately drop thousands of dollars into my car. Everyday the wish list gets bigger and bigger. And its all because I found this website. Y'all are an inspiration. I'm even considering trying to find another source of income so I can pay my Mortgage, Car Payments, and get many Mods. I'm a software engineer by day, hmm maybe a South Beach or Las Olas Bartender by night?!?!? I got to find something so I can afford a set of 18x8 SSR GT1's wrapped in some Michelin Pilots. Springs, shocks, exhaust, clear markers, dash kit,...the list keeps going. I could charge some stuff, but I have never carried a balance on any of my credit cards and don't want to start. All I do is think about my Max...

...I got it too. Bit by the mod bug. Man thats an evil little bitc! he bites down and don't let go. I have only had mine since late Feb. and I am having the same problem/addiction. Maxspeeds are on the way and I have already got wheels/tires/exhaust that I feel like I can't live without now! The only way to appease the mod bug is to feed it. I recommend do a few cheap things first, like fog bulbs or clear corners, do the installs yourself, so you learn what makes your car tick. Then graduate to bigger / more expensive projects as you go along and get even more obsessed...
Old 05-10-2002, 11:04 AM

Damn the mod bug just got me again a few minutes ago I'm dropping $250 a sub Then i have to go to the paint shop nad have my kit painted..
Old 05-10-2002, 11:15 AM
Blu
the tits

I think the bug is nipping at me now i already got my custom leather ordered my RSB waiting to order Maxspeeds think i'm gonna go with MM imperas 18's waiting on custommaximas FSTB to see if i want it or go with the stillen and shopping for a muffler that appeals to me thinking about a UDP and getting an intake as soon as frankencar gets more K&N filters in anything else guys i might need to look into getting for my max
Old 05-10-2002, 11:20 AM

I got to find something so I can afford a set of 18x8 SSR GT1's wrapped in some Michelin Pilots.
...Excellent (but expensive) choices by the way... The Pilots are supposed to be the best, and those GT1's just make me drool. They would be my favorites, except for the $350/wheel pricetag, so instead due to practicality the Mille Miglia Evo5 is my current favorite, followed closely by Moda R6... Damn, I gotta get some Aftermarkets now!
Old 05-10-2002, 11:57 AM

Re: Re: I fear the bug is about to get me...

Originally posted by Matthew

...Excellent (but expensive) choices by the way... The Pilots are supposed to be the best, and those GT1's just make me drool. They would be my favorites, except for the $350/wheel pricetag, so instead due to practicality the Mille Miglia Evo5 is my current favorite, followed closely by Moda R6... Damn, I gotta get some Aftermarkets now!
I also like the Evo5's a alot and am considering them as a cheaper alternative. I walked out of work yesterday and saw a brand new black 3.2 CL Type S with eighteens that closely resembled the GT1's. I almost thought I had a vision. The car looked so good with those rims. I imagined my Max with the same rims all the way home.
Old 05-10-2002, 12:44 PM

And it's only beginning.

Wait until you get to where I'm at:

Warpspeed performance Stage 2 Subframe connectors $200
Buy Middle East Variable Intake manifold: $550
Upgrade SC internals- $500-750
Even smaller pulley yet- $70
Water/alcohol injection kit- $1000
Nitrous Oxide kit $1000
5-speed conversion- $1500
OR
Bulletproof built AT from Level10- $3000 and up
A.T.B.D from Cattman- $1500

Makes me wonder if I should keep or sell my Maxima with all that money I will be spending.

NAH! I'll keep it and get my revenge on that 427 Cobra!
Old 05-10-2002, 01:18 PM

We are all like that guy in the VW commercial with the car stuck to his head.

Only it's a Max, of course.
Old 05-10-2002, 06:20 PM

I got my Y Pipe on today. Now I am friggn hooked. I already ordered Magna Flow muffler and tip and I get 2" piping throughout on Tuesday. Yes, the bug has definitely got me. I have been out of credit card debt for a long time now, but I smell trouble...

Gee with a $10,000 limit I can get a Supercharger and not even be at 50% of my credit!

........j/k of course......for now.
Old 05-10-2002, 06:48 PM
Maxima06071

Originally posted by emax95
I started modding my skate board at age 14, better wheels(55mm spitfires) expensive free spinning berring(Swiss) It wwas just a down word spiral from there. Everything I do I always have to have the best wether it be a stamp collection or maxima mods..
Yeah grab some BlackMagic grip tape and some Titan Trucks HAHAHA I miss skateboarding......

Old 05-10-2002, 09:32 PM

pay for rent, food, and bills or mod a max? I'll pick the max.
Old 05-10-2002, 09:41 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

You can tell Im bit. I started in 1989, with 3 part time jobs after school, trying to mod my 5.0... Got it to run a 12 at Englishtown in 1994 ! Now Im a Max owner. I still have not received my Cali plates, and look at my homepage for my mods.... Im pi$$ed there are no Headers or y pipe for a 2K2 ! I will have a 75 shotby the end of summer, along with wheels. I dont mess around. It's all go ! I just want to be able to pull up to an M3 and say BYE BYE !!!
Old 05-10-2002, 10:03 PM

me too !

Originally posted by emax95
I was always messin around with my skateboard too, when I was 13. Thats when I discovered the magic of vise grips..

But we're not in the same league.. You're way above me. I wouldn't dare putting a header in my max!! You still get my props for doing that though..
Old 05-10-2002, 11:52 PM

OK, so I'm a 4th Gen...but still...

People at work roll their eyes everytime I mention my car.

My girlfriend woke me up the other night to tell me I was talking in my sleep having an argument with an unknown person saying "DUDE!, Never wash your car with Dishwashing Soap!!!".

I just dropped $600 on a MEVI and I've got a CAI and SC on the way....

(I bought the CAI and then decided "to heck with it, I'm going SC").

So I will have a CAI for sale soon.

I'm modding so fast I'm never putting some mods on because I've already bought others that replace it....

My $5000 Credit Card I got 6 months ago has been "Maxed"

IanS
Old 05-12-2002, 08:10 PM

the only thing that i can say is welcome to the club, my friend!
Old 05-12-2002, 10:41 PM

the bug got me too
Old 05-12-2002, 11:09 PM

Originally posted by Maxima06071
Yeah grab some BlackMagic grip tape and some Titan Trucks HAHAHA I miss skateboarding......
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....5&pagenumber=1

Venture night something another trucks I was hardcore into skating for about 3-4 years. I was pretty good too! The best trick I ever landed was a double 180 Kick flip. I could also do triple heal flips on occasion How about you?
Old 05-12-2002, 11:11 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Skaters... ? Tony Hawk lives close to me... Im sure you guys love him !
Old 05-12-2002, 11:14 PM

Originally posted by kloogy
You can tell Im bit. I started in 1989, with 3 part time jobs after school, trying to mod my 5.0... Got it to run a 12 at Englishtown in 1994 ! Now Im a Max owner. I still have not received my Cali plates, and look at my homepage for my mods.... Im pi$$ed there are no Headers or y pipe for a 2K2 ! I will have a 75 shotby the end of summer, along with wheels. I dont mess around. It's all go ! I just want to be able to pull up to an M3 and say BYE BYE !!!
IMO...Your gonna need a 100 shot to say bye to a new M3. BriGuyMax ran my buddies 01' M Coupe and beat him by a car up to 100. He is a fully modded 5 speed. Plan on adding a VB mod and tranny cooler if you plan on running NOS.
Old 05-12-2002, 11:16 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

I know... I might just wait for the warranty to expire. That shouldnt take too long, Ive got 5K on my car since March....then its a 100 shot all the way !
Old 05-12-2002, 11:21 PM

I know... I might just wait for the warranty to expire. That shouldnt take too long, Ive got 5K on my car since March....then its a 100 shot all the way !
Start out with a 50 shot.....Anything above that you will have to get a Walboro Fuel pump,gauges, and FP regulators.
Old 05-13-2002, 12:54 AM

Kloogy, I'm just curious, what does your wife think about this family hot rod you're planning on runnings 12 with?
Old 05-13-2002, 03:32 PM
Maxima06071

Skaters... ? Tony Hawk lives close to me... Im sure you guys love him !
I wanna punch him with a bullet!