5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Doh! TSB part backordered.

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2000, 12:03 PM
TX2KSE

I went just before Turkey day to get the TSB's for the TCU and the AC blower fan done. They had to order the parts. I called today. The TCU was in, but the fan casing for the blower has been backordered!

Makes me wonder how many people are getting that TSB done!?

Old 11-29-2000, 04:38 PM
Wustylez

Originally posted by TX2KSE
I went just before Turkey day to get the TSB's for the TCU and the AC blower fan done. They had to order the parts. I called today. The TCU was in, but the fan casing for the blower has been backordered!

Makes me wonder how many people are getting that TSB done!?
What is wrong with you AC blower fan???
does it have noise when putting at low speed, cuz i think mine does and wondering if that is normal or a TSB again...

Thanks
Tim

Old 11-29-2000, 05:26 PM

Originally posted by Wustylez
What is wrong with you AC blower fan???
does it have noise when putting at low speed, cuz i think mine does and wondering if that is normal or a TSB again...

Thanks
Tim [/I]
Mine just started making a chirping-like noise when the A/C fan is on low.
Old 11-30-2000, 07:58 AM
TX2KSE

That's exactly the symptom. Actually, it makes the sound at all speeds. It's just more noticeable at the lowest setting.

Apparently Nissan sent out a lot of Maximas with this prob. The fan inside the casing is rubbing on part of the casing with every rotation, making a little chirping sound. Annoying!

Their solution, which has a TSB, is to replace the casing (apparently with a larger one, so that the fan doesn't hit it).

In my mind, I think they should have replaced the fan with one that is more round, or better centered, or whatever. Seems like their solution is similar to "if it doesn't fit, get a bigger hammer".

Oh well. As long as they fix the stupid thing to make it quiet again.

Old 11-30-2000, 04:11 PM
Wustylez

Originally posted by TX2KSE
That's exactly the symptom. Actually, it makes the sound at all speeds. It's just more noticeable at the lowest setting.

Apparently Nissan sent out a lot of Maximas with this prob. The fan inside the casing is rubbing on part of the casing with every rotation, making a little chirping sound. Annoying!

Their solution, which has a TSB, is to replace the casing (apparently with a larger one, so that the fan doesn't hit it).

In my mind, I think they should have replaced the fan with one that is more round, or better centered, or whatever. Seems like their solution is similar to "if it doesn't fit, get a bigger hammer".

Oh well. As long as they fix the stupid thing to make it quiet again.

Damn Nissan, do you happen to have the TSB number, I can only find TSB number corresponds to Cooling system, is that the one?

Thanks
Tim

Old 12-01-2000, 12:10 AM

yea does anyone have a copy of that TSB... i guess I'm going to need this one. I may need the TCU one too.. my car has a manufacture date of 4/99, but I haven't noticed any rough shifting between 1 & 2.. but might as well have them check it out if they're going to have it for a few hours.
Old 12-01-2000, 01:54 PM
TX2KSE

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov

Transmission Control Module TSB#: NTB00039
Blower motor ticking TSB#: NTB99017A

The blower motor ticking is listed under "Engine Cooling Systems" on the NHTSA site. But I think it's really talking about the AC blower fan.