5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

The latest news on Stillen headers and a front lip

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2002, 04:13 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

The latest news on Stillen headers and a front lip

Well I got new news today from my stillen rep and he received word that the headers and front lip are not currnetly being made or designed. Apperantly little to nothing has been done over there regarding the headers and front lip.

This moves me to plan B, I was going to do this awhile ago but I figured I would wait to see if stillen would come threw or not. Plan B is buying fedspec headers off of a 2000 maxima and then a stillen Y-Pipe. With this combo I will make the Y-pipe fit on perfectly. I was quoted $347 for the Y-Pipe and the manifolds will cost me very little from a junkyard. I also need to have my B-Pipe welded and threaded for the 2 o2. I really hope I will get some good gains from doing this.

Plan C is to see if I can get some OBX headerrs and make them work, it may be worth it.
Old 05-15-2002, 04:16 PM

Stillen.
Old 05-15-2002, 04:19 PM
Maxtor

Well better than "in 30 days"

Old 05-15-2002, 04:31 PM
RussMaxManiac

Re: The latest news on Stillen headers and a front lip

Well I was told a while back that they are not going to make Headers for the Maxima even though they said they would. It's not cost effective per Stillen.

Originally posted by emax95
Well I got new news today from my stillen rep and he received word that the headers and front lip are not currnetly being made or designed. Apperantly little to nothing has been done over there regarding the headers and front lip.

This moves me to plan B, I was going to do this awhile ago but I figured I would wait to see if stillen would come threw or not. Plan B is buying fedspec headers off of a 2000 maxima and then a stillen Y-Pipe. With this combo I will make the Y-pipe fit on perfectly. I was quoted $347 for the Y-Pipe and the manifolds will cost me very little from a junkyard. I also need to have my B-Pipe welded and threaded for the 2 o2. I really hope I will get some good gains from doing this.

Plan C is to see if I can get some OBX headerrs and make them work, it may be worth it.

Old 05-15-2002, 04:36 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

You heard wrong Ewok... the headers will be out by the end of summer.
Old 05-15-2002, 04:40 PM
Maxtor

Originally posted by Y2KevSE
Oh they increased it to "90 days"?
Go Stillen Go!

Old 05-15-2002, 04:47 PM

Originally posted by Y2KevSE
Please give me some details on this info, like who told you?
Old 05-15-2002, 05:00 PM
Maxtor

Looks like Stillen is going by seasons for delay tactics instead of 30 days to me. Unless the headers will fit any other cars I doubt they will be made because of the very limited 2k2 Maxima market that will actually buy them at their prices and go through the major trouble/expense to install them. A lot of people say they will buy them now but that is just talk. I can understand Stillen focusing their efforts on the new Altima since it has a much larger market and will be around for years to come.

Old 05-15-2002, 05:22 PM

RE:MAXTOR

It's the same freakin engine that's in the Altima, 350Z, G35, and Pathfinder. What the hell's so hard about modifying headers to make it fit the engine compartment?

As for no front lip, that's just gay. I'm seriously thinking about selling this car and getting something else next year. The aftermarket for this thing is just pathetic.
Old 05-15-2002, 05:23 PM
Maxtor

Originally posted by Mystical2k2SE
It's the same freakin engine as that's in the Altima, 350Z, G35, and Pathfinder. What the hell's so hard about modifying headers to make it fit the engine compartment?

As for no front lip, that's just gay. I'm seriously thinking about selling this car and getting something else next year. The aftermarket for this thing is just pathetic.
The altima will have a lot of aftermarket support. The 5th gen maxima is on its death bed and no one can deny it.

Old 05-15-2002, 05:33 PM

My last hope is the 6th gen Maxima. If it keeps the same 3.5 VQ engine, we're in business.
Old 05-15-2002, 05:34 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I also talked to Stillen today to order a RSB, and he said that they ARE in production. In addition, he told me that every Friday meeting he yells at the production team to expedite this thing ASAP.

I even gave him a way out and asked if this mod would go the same route as the 3-point FSTB (in the sh#$ can), and he assured me it would be out soon. However, he would not provide a timeframe (this time).

Maybe some reps are informed and some aren't... ?????

-Left
Old 05-15-2002, 05:38 PM

Originally posted by LeftCoast
I also talked to Stillen today to order a RSB, and he said that they ARE in production. In addition, he told me that every Friday meeting he yells at the production team to expedite this thing ASAP.

I even gave him a way out and asked if this mod would go the same route as the 3-point FSTB (in the sh#$ can), and he assured me it would be out soon. However, he would not provide a timeframe (this time).

Maybe some reps are informed and some aren't... ?????

i dont think an "assurance" from a stillen rep means anything. im really confused as to what goes through their heads. are they truely misinformed? or they lying to you so that you'll come back later with some $ and maybe buy something else since the thing you want isnt available? are they just telling you what you want to hear? it really gets me...
Old 05-15-2002, 05:48 PM

Originally posted by Newman

i dont think an "assurance" from a stillen rep means anything. im really confused as to what goes through their heads. are they truely misinformed? or they lying to you so that you'll come back later with some $ and maybe buy something else since the thing you want isnt available? are they just telling you what you want to hear? it really gets me...
Agreed. Good point. They might be keeping everyone in limbo so they don't lose "potential" customers for the "vapor-mods". We do the same thing in the software industry...
Old 05-15-2002, 05:56 PM
Maxtor

You guys already hate me but I have to say it. The 5th gen Maxima is literally on its death bed if you haven't noticed. There will be extremely limited aftermarket support for it.

Old 05-15-2002, 06:17 PM
MaxtorBeater

Originally posted by Maxtor
You guys already hate me but I have to say it. The 5th gen Maxima is literally on its death bed if you haven't noticed. There will be extremely limited aftermarket support for it.
Wow, you know Maxtor, I've flamed at you for all of your bs, but for once you are making sense. The Altima IS constantly rated better than the maxima, and the the maxima is not god of the nissan world. I think the altima will take away aftermarket support of the maxima. It's not the end of the maxima or anything, but it does suck. Thank you for adding something productive to the board. You're a little harsh about it, but in this case, you speak the truth. Would you like to burry the hatchet and we can both be productive?

Old 05-15-2002, 06:23 PM

Originally posted by Maxtor
you only wish we hated you --yes the max has tuberculosis but its engine sure doesn't
Old 05-15-2002, 06:34 PM
wat

About the RSB, I have a Stillen front strut bar, a Stillen rear strut bar and a Stillen rear sway bar on my 2002 SE. I am kinda unclear how they are telling you they don't have an RSB for your car bud. Even if they sent me the 2001 and 2000 parts, I had no issue at all installing these things.
Old 05-15-2002, 06:35 PM

The 5th gen maxima may not be produced for much longer but the engine will be everywhere for a long time to come. Also the nissan altimas header/Y-pipe is the same as the maximas (same part #) 4 and 5th gen's should be able to use the headers too. So if stillen or anyone else wants to make the altima headers the maxima will have them too! A decent size segment if you ask me.

As for the fella who wants to sell his car becuase there are not enough parts, trying to find parts is half the fun! It makes your car unique
Old 05-15-2002, 06:39 PM

Originally posted by look2me40
About the RSB, I have a Stillen front strut bar, a Stillen rear strut bar and a Stillen rear sway bar on my 2002 SE. I am kinda unclear how they are telling you they don't have an RSB for your car bud. Even if they sent me the 2001 and 2000 parts, I had no issue at all installing these things.
he wasnt saying they didnt have an RSB for him. when he called to order his RSB, he also asked about the headers and front lip. and they told him that the headers and front lip will be produced.
Old 05-15-2002, 06:50 PM
Conecarver

All headers = ?

The 5th gen maxima may not be produced for much longer but the engine will be everywhere for a long time to come. Also the nissan altimas header/Y-pipe is the same as the maximas (same part #) 4 and 5th gen's should be able to use the headers too. So if stillen or anyone else wants to make the altima headers the maxima will have them too! A decent size segment if you ask me.

As for the fella who wants to sell his car becuase there are not enough parts, trying to find parts is half the fun! It makes your car unique
Did you say the same y-pipe and/or headers can be used betwen the new Altima's, 4th Gen Maxes, and 5th Gen Maxes?

I'd kill for a 4th gen header solution w gains. Ausie, OBX, Don's, Stillen, whoever.
Old 05-15-2002, 07:00 PM

Originally posted by Newman

he wasnt saying they didnt have an RSB for him. when he called to order his RSB, he also asked about the headers and front lip. and they told him that the headers and front lip will be produced.
That is correct sir.....

Something else also troubles me. In the Stillen catalog, a page has been dedicated to the Header/Y-pipe combo in the 2K2 Altima section. In the 2K2 MAxima section of the catalog.....No mention of a Header/Y-pipe ANYWHERE. Maxtor is right. Read the writing on the wall.
Old 05-15-2002, 07:05 PM
LANCE NISMO

Looks like stillen is getting famous for their sales reps making promises , then they are in making products. We can only hope that since the 3.5 is used in some Nissan/Infiniti cars that NISMO will have some parts that we can really use to see some performance gains. But who knows when that will be?

Old 05-15-2002, 07:10 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

I'll let you know who by the end of next week.
Old 05-15-2002, 08:35 PM

Thats why my Maxima is so unique. And i love it!
Old 05-15-2002, 08:46 PM

Re: All headers = ?

Originally posted by BEJAY1

Did you say the same y-pipe and/or headers can be used betwen the new Altima's, 4th Gen Maxes, and 5th Gen Maxes?

I'd kill for a 4th gen header solution w gains. Ausie, OBX, Don's, Stillen, whoever.
95% sure.

Kev, that sounds good
Old 05-15-2002, 09:10 PM

As per Stllen's 2002 Summer catalog, headers for the 2K-2K2 will be produced. The only thing lacking is the actual date. I'm sure if you guys received the catalog you can look it up for yourselves.
Old 05-15-2002, 11:20 PM

If the part numbers for the headers and y-pipe really are the same for the Maximas and Altimas it will only be a matter of time before there are several brands to choose form. The 02 Maxima's haven't even been out a year yet. We just need alittle more patience. The 3.5 VQ motor w/manual transmission will steer some import tuners away from other cars and into the Maxima/Altima camp. You will see demand multiply in the coming year.

Jesse
Old 05-16-2002, 04:42 AM
Blu
the tits