5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Backpain!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2002, 08:20 PM

Backpain!

Okay, I bought a cheap GXE a little over a year ago and I think I bought the last one that didn't come with lumbar support standard. Is there any way, short of replacing the seat, that anyone knows of intalling this?

You can feel an indentation on the side of the seat where the bar/handle should go.
Old 05-15-2002, 08:28 PM
Maxima06071

A small pillow would help. many people who buy cheap racing seats and find they do not have lumbar supports do the same thing. so you can be thrifty speed racer. Definately a pillow, you would most likely have to replace the seat or.....maybe you could have it reupholstered and insert a lumbar support!

Old 05-15-2002, 08:44 PM

Originally posted by Maxima06071
A small pillow would help. many people who buy cheap racing seats and find they do not have lumbar supports do the same thing. so you can be thrifty speed racer. Definately a pillow, you would most likely have to replace the seat or.....maybe you could have it reupholstered and insert a lumbar support!
I got cushion, but I have sat in a Max w/ lumbar and it's not the same. I'm down with reupholstering, but I need to know if the guts are there for putting the lumbar fixture in.
Old 05-15-2002, 09:48 PM

Originally posted by noflash

I got cushion, but I have sat in a Max w/ lumbar and it's not the same. I'm down with reupholstering, but I need to know if the guts are there for putting the lumbar fixture in.
Go to the junkyard, buy a newer seat from a wreck. The total cost will be worth not having to try and rig something yourself.

Otherwise, use a pillow.

Advice from a chiropractor and fellow maxima lover.
Old 05-15-2002, 09:58 PM
The silent but deadly Moderator

before going thru the trouble..

you should sit in one with the adjustable lumbar. I find it very uncomfortable to have it "in" at all.
Old 05-15-2002, 10:14 PM
lcf

is it just me or are maxima seats just really uncomfortable... even
with the lumbar support on full my back and legs still kill after long
drives. i have a mod planned for the future which involves some
drastic seat swaps.

its going to rock.

Old 05-15-2002, 10:55 PM

Originally posted by lcf
is it just me or are maxima seats just really uncomfortable... even
with the lumbar support on full my back and legs still kill after long
drives. i have a mod planned for the future which involves some
drastic seat swaps.

its going to rock.

i dont think its so much that theyre uncomfortable. in fact, i think theyre very comfortable. they just have absolutely no side support. its like sitting on a bench. when i corner at all, hard or otherwise, i slide all over the place.
Old 05-16-2002, 03:52 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by magnum

i dont think its so much that theyre uncomfortable. in fact, i think theyre very comfortable. they just have absolutely no side support. its like sitting on a bench. when i corner at all, hard or otherwise, i slide all over the place.
Yeah I feel the same. When I'm cornering hard I just hold on to the levoc shift ****
Old 05-16-2002, 05:34 AM

Re: before going thru the trouble..

Originally posted by TimW
you should sit in one with the adjustable lumbar. I find it very uncomfortable to have it "in" at all.
I completely agree. It's the very first thing I noticed about the seat when I sat in it. I suppose I'm used to it now so it doesn't bother me as much. My heated seat project will give me an opportunity to either add extra padding over the support or remove it completely. This is a project for later this year though.

Scott Buchanan
2K SE M/T
Old 05-16-2002, 07:55 AM

Re: Re: before going thru the trouble..

Originally posted by e28fixer

I completely agree. It's the very first thing I noticed about the seat when I sat in it. I suppose I'm used to it now so it doesn't bother me as much. My heated seat project will give me an opportunity to either add extra padding over the support or remove it completely. This is a project for later this year though.

Scott Buchanan
2K SE M/T
To you guys who don't like the lumbar seat - I'll trade ya! No cost.

Blonde interior (cloth)
Old 05-16-2002, 07:00 PM
Maxima06071

Well just remmember the Maxima seats are godly by comparison. The 1992 Chevey Cavalier I used to have.... well I'll just leave it at that. I have a GLE, I've got the Lumbar and Heating Coils. I find them(my seats) very comfortable. Like sometimes when I have trouble sleeping at night I walk down to the garage and slide onto the plush leather then my brain slips out of consciousnes and into a peaceful dreamland with purple gorillas that lead me to places unknown to save beautiful princesses from evil bug-eyed witches and homosexual vampiers screaming vague 2nd grade cut downs and songs from the Dead Kennedys Fresh Fruit For Rotting Vegetables album.ahhhhh I love my Maxima

Old 05-16-2002, 07:07 PM

Originally posted by Maxima06071
Well just remmember the Maxima seats are godly by comparison. The 1992 Chevey Cavalier I used to have.... well I'll just leave it at that. I have a GLE, I've got the Lumbar and Heating Coils. I find them(my seats) very comfortable. Like sometimes when I have trouble sleeping at night I walk down to the garage and slide onto the plush leather then my brain slips out of consciousnes and into a peaceful dreamland with purple gorillas that lead me to places unknown to save beautiful princesses from evil bug-eyed witches and homosexual vampiers screaming vague 2nd grade cut downs and songs from the Dead Kennedys Fresh Fruit For Rotting Vegetables album.ahhhhh I love my Maxima
And the crystal meth doesn't hurt either, I see...
Old 05-16-2002, 07:40 PM

Originally posted by PCGuRu2K

Yeah I feel the same. When I'm cornering hard I just hold on to the levoc shift ****

hehe just dont pull it.... DRIFTING