5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Why does everybody pick on.......

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2002, 02:00 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Why does everybody pick on.......

I'm trying to find out why evrybody seems to dislike RussMaxManiac. I don't know him personally, but he doesn't seem to be that bad of a guy. I've been on the org for a little over a year now and to my knowledge I don't remember him ever doing or saying anything to people that would constitute all this hatred. It seems to have gotten worse since he traded his Maxima for the Acura which in my mind is not a bad move. I wouldn't have done it, but then again I don't want one either. Please give me in detail what he's done to offend everyone. Thanks in advance for any and all responses.
Old 05-23-2002, 05:30 AM
RussMaxManiac

Re: Why does everybody pick on.......

Originally posted by 1BADMAX
I'm trying to find out why evrybody seems to dislike RussMaxManiac. I don't know him personally, but he doesn't seem to be that bad of a guy. I've been on the org for a little over a year now and to my knowledge I don't remember him ever doing or saying anything to people that would constitute all this hatred. It seems to have gotten worse since he traded his Maxima for the Acura which in my mind is not a bad move. I wouldn't have done it, but then again I don't want one either. Please give me in detail what he's done to offend everyone. Thanks in advance for any and all responses.
People follow the train here of others, what they do others will do. All it takes is a few people to start it, then everyone starts causing problems. Too bad even a moderator or 2 even does it. It seems all my posts are flawed per them, so anything I post is wrong, they have to correct it, but if someone else posts the same thing which has happen, nothing gets flamed, only when I post they flame me. Like someone said, alot of people on here act like 5 yr olds....which they do. I have been on the Acura forum for a while now, no one acts like this there, or the TL forum, they all act mature.

Old 05-23-2002, 05:48 AM
Boost.....

Re: Re: Why does everybody pick on.......

Originally posted by RussMaxManiac

People follow the train here of others, what they do others will do. All it takes is a few people to start it, then everyone starts causing problems. Too bad even a moderator or 2 even does it. It seems all my posts are flawed per them, so anything I post is wrong, they have to correct it, but if someone else posts the same thing which has happen, nothing gets flamed, only when I post they flame me. Like someone said, alot of people on here act like 5 yr olds....which they do. I have been on the Acura forum for a while now, no one acts like this there, or the TL forum, they all act mature.
Russ..you forgot 5thgenmaximas.com too...
Old 05-23-2002, 05:55 AM
RussMaxManiac

Re: Re: Re: Why does everybody pick on.......

Originally posted by Padsy 02 6sp

Russ..you forgot 5thgenmaximas.com too...
hehe

Old 05-23-2002, 05:55 AM

In person, Russ is a sincere car guy who tries to help people out whenever he can. As a customer, he is straight-forward and pleasant to do business with. I've always wondered why people react the way they do towards him.
My .02,
David Burnette
Old 05-23-2002, 06:01 AM
Boost.....

Originally posted by DAVEB
In person, Russ is a sincere car guy who tries to help people out whenever he can. As a customer, he is straight-forward and pleasant to do business with. I've always wondered why people react the way they do towards him.
My .02,
David Burnette

Old 05-23-2002, 06:04 AM

Did I ever tell you guys Russ was Gay ...

Ok guys, just kidding, Russ, I'll have your files later today or tomorrow. shoot for 16 pages or so.
Old 05-23-2002, 06:48 AM
Keven97SE

Re: Why does everybody pick on.......

Long history here. Where do I start:

1) Russ has owned 6 new cars in the past 4 years. He has no self control when it comes to cars. None. He's paid near-MSRP on at least several cars, yet he'll still chime in from time to time with car buying tips and the like.

2) Russ has always fully supported the community of the particular car he drives and to some degree or another bad mouthed his previous community. When he had a Firebird, he bashed Maximas. Went back to a Maxima, bashed Firebirds. Went to a Sentra, bashed Maximas. You get the trend. While it's fine to see the positives and negatives in each car, he seems to jump from one ship to another quickly, changing his opinion the instant he moves to another vehicle.

3) The car Russ is driving at the time is always, always "the best", it seems. He only reports when he wins a race. He'll never admit to the 15 BrandX cars he's lost to but quickly posts the one questionable BrandX win. The guy never seems to lose a race, and never admits to being beat by a soul. Everything about his car at the time is the best.

4) He posts a fair amount of antagonistic trash. He posts when another forum is bashing Maximas, or when Russ wants us to believe they're bashing Maximas. He posts when some owner of some vehicle from some other site beats a Maxima, even if it's some car that he has never owned so should have no interest in. It's all intended to start a flame war either here or on the other site. He cruises other sites to find flame war fodder. Here's a perfect post from another maxima.org member, e28fixer, that supports this:
"Russ appears to be cruising the other make/model enthusiast discussion groups looking for opportunities to praise his car as "better than", "more luxurious than", "faster than", etc. I wonder if the guys on the BMW/Porsche/Ferrari/Lotus/McLaren/RX-7/Supra/3000GT/Stealth/Corvette/Altima/Passat/Jetta/IS300/Camry/WRX/G35/Accord/Civic Hybrid/Eclipse/Neon/PT-Cruiser/Insight/Elantra/Corolla boards are as sick of hearing his tripe as I am... hmmmmm"

(sarcasm alert)
5) Repeated misuse of the words they're, there, and their. He doesn't seem to understand that these words are not interchangeable.
(end alert)

Seeing all the above, it's more than a little irritating when Russ chimes into a thread calling BS on some guy that just casually posted a mild kill. Russ has NOOOOOOO room whatsoever to call BS on anybody's thread. None. 0. Nada. Keine.

The guy strikes a nerve of most folks that have been around here for awhile. We've heard it a million times. If you haven't been around for a few years, you wouldn't understand the history. Please don't assume I'm at all worked up on any of this though...I could frankly care less about Russ or the majority of folks on this forum, and I am by no means a diehard Maxima peeps/community-type guy. You simply asked why people bash Russ and I'm telling you why, in my opinion based on what I've seen, why they (we) do. The guy is an immature tool and that's my opinion.

Originally posted by 1BADMAX

Old 05-23-2002, 06:53 AM
Old Fuddy Duddy

Originally posted by Keven97SE
...The guy is an immature tool and that's my opinion.

Old 05-23-2002, 06:53 AM
Keven97SE

1) Russ has owned 6 new cars in the past 4 years. He has no self control when it comes to cars. None. He's paid near-MSRP on at least several cars, yet he'll still chime in from time to time with car buying tips and the like.

2) Russ has always fully supported the community of the particular car he drives and to some degree or another bad mouthed his previous community. When he had a Firebird, he bashed Maximas. Went back to a Maxima, bashed Firebirds. Went to a Sentra, bashed Maximas. You get the trend. While it's fine to see the positives and negatives in each car, he seems to jump from one ship to another quickly, changing his opinion the instant he moves to another vehicle.

3) The car Russ is driving at the time is always, always "the best", it seems. He only reports when he wins a race. He'll never admit to the 15 BrandX cars he's lost to but quickly posts the one questionable BrandX win. The guy never seems to lose a race, and never admits to being beat by a soul. Everything about his car at the time is the best.

4) He posts a fair amount of antagonistic trash. He posts when another forum is bashing Maximas, or when Russ wants us to believe they're bashing Maximas. He posts when some owner of some vehicle from some other site beats a Maxima, even if it's some car that he has never owned so should have no interest in. It's all intended to start a flame war either here or on the other site. He cruises other sites to find flame war fodder. Here's a perfect post from another maxima.org member, e28fixer, that supports this:
"Russ appears to be cruising the other make/model enthusiast discussion groups looking for opportunities to praise his car as "better than", "more luxurious than", "faster than", etc. I wonder if the guys on the BMW/Porsche/Ferrari/Lotus/McLaren/RX-7/Supra/3000GT/Stealth/Corvette/Altima/Passat/Jetta/IS300/Camry/WRX/G35/Accord/Civic Hybrid/Eclipse/Neon/PT-Cruiser/Insight/Elantra/Corolla boards are as sick of hearing his tripe as I am... hmmmmm"

(sarcasm alert)
5) Repeated misuse of the words they're, there, and their. He doesn't seem to understand that these words are not interchangeable.
(end alert)

Seeing all the above, it's more than a little irritating when Russ chimes into a thread calling BS on some guy that just casually posted a mild kill. Russ has NOOOOOOO room whatsoever to call BS on anybody's thread. None. 0. Nada. Keine.

The guy strikes a nerve of most folks that have been around here for awhile. We've heard it a million times. If you haven't been around for a few years, you wouldn't understand the history. Please don't assume I'm at all worked up on any of this though...I could frankly care less about Russ or the majority of folks on this forum, and I am by no means a diehard Maxima peeps/community-type guy. You simply asked why people bash Russ and I'm telling you why, in my opinion based on what I've seen, why they (we) do. The guy is an immature tool and that's my opinion.

That having been said, his antics seem to be solely internet-based. I met him briefly once, and didn't find him to be particularly unpleasant or annoying. The internet just seems to bring out the worst in some people.

Old 05-23-2002, 07:08 AM

(sarcasm alert)
(end alert)

WOW, that touched my heart.. Man I don't know who you are and How long you have been here. Do you know the history of Maxima.org or This community? step me through the past 6 years of you may, then I'll see how much you know about Russ or this community.

I have had 8 cars in the past 5 years, 3 of them Maximas. Does that make me a bad person? Ok I see your agruement about Russ making bad choices when it comes to car purchasing and then dictate others on how they should go about their purchase. Tell me, How meny people here Feel the Dealer took advantage of them when they made their purchase? I can walk into a dealership Today, and tell you about 80% of people who make car purchase, don't have a clue what they are getting into. Our 10-15 thousend member community doesn't speak for the general public. Just b/c you know a few tricks about maximas or other cars, don't expect that 60 Year old lady next door with a 02 GLE to know the same.

I understand Russ is a handful to deal with at times. Man Sure he ****es everyone off, And now he has a HONDA OOO I don't need to say more. But He has always helped this community. With Mods, with putting his car up as a Doner car when the 5th Gen first came out. Him, Peter, and I were some of the first to get the 5th gen on this forum. Hell Peter even drove his car to Maxus from NewYork to Texas in 99 .

We are quick to jump on Russ, sure he is not perfect, But neither Am I, Are You????

Somone Lock this up before it gets out of hand.
Old 05-23-2002, 07:09 AM

Are you all done yet? This topic has as much relevance to this board as the crust between my toes.
Old 05-23-2002, 07:16 AM

Originally posted by Phydeaux
Are you all done yet? This topic has as much relevance to this board as the crust between my toes.
Man thats Sick
Old 05-23-2002, 07:17 AM
jjs

Actually...

Originally posted by Phydeaux
The crust between your toes has MORE relevance!

At least we can stretch that topic to be Max related if we offer the crust to those still running RE-92's to help with traction.

Old 05-23-2002, 07:20 AM
RussMaxManiac

Originally posted by PIONEER
Did I ever tell you guys Russ was Gay ...

Ok guys, just kidding, Russ, I'll have your files later today or tomorrow. shoot for 16 pages or so.
Okay..! :P

Old 05-23-2002, 07:23 AM

Russ is cool with me..
Old 05-23-2002, 07:25 AM

Well although I can see where people would get angry at him for trying to start flame wars. It seems when he comes here trying to put out good info or just putting his input into a thread people jump on his case and think immedietly he's an idiot. Also it seems that he is right in one since that alot of people seem to jump on the bandwagon and i've seen some newbie's even try and flame him because they see evrybody else doing it. That's my problem with this whole deal. Now if he or anybody for that matter comes here and starts saying that there car is better than ours then yes I can defiently understand people getting upset. This is a Maxima website not a Acura website. Now I really don't see the problem with Russ thinking his car is inferior to ours. Hell we think our cars are inferior to his and a lot of other car's. I don't know how many times I see him or other people come in here and talk about a TL-S or Cl-S beating a Maxima and immediatly people say that person is lying. I mean the two cars are so similar in power and speed that when they race each other it basically comes down to driver vs driver. But, over all I see points for both sides, I just wish that people would first look at his post before just looking at it and saying, "Well here's Russ again talking crap, let's shut him down". Can't we all just get along.
Old 05-23-2002, 07:25 AM
Keven97SE

Then you are gay. Good day sir.

Originally posted by EF-9
Russ is cool with me..

Old 05-23-2002, 07:29 AM
RussMaxManiac

1) So, I have the money to enjoy trying many different cars, so what. Others here switch cars alot as well. One guy switched more than me, ST if you remember him. I also never paid MSRP. I had a connection at a NISSAN dealer and always paid a few 100 over dealer cost. I even got my CL-S for 27k, You can't do that anywhere really.

2) Anyone no matter what car they own will support that car. I know alot of people who have switched from many cars and they support that car they currently own more than the previous. I still miss my Maxima, but hell, I am enjoying the great service I get from Acura. I support the Max community even after I left, why would I waste all my time help people on here still or redesign the whole site and add more how-tos, etc etc? There is even a new member of acura-cl.com he is a old time Maxima.org guy who now says the Acura doesn't even compare to the Maxima he has, its out right better. It's on the forum currently, so look. Everyone shows negatives and positives after changing cars, they can actually see them. I see them because I have owned both.

3) Yea so what? Most 95% of the stories on these forums from anyone are people that beat other cars. What is so different? Ask Ants97SE, and a few other guys how bad they lost to me on the highway, 2+ car lengths by 110 from 70.

4) So whats different than anyone else? Other people post links here as well to other forums. Example. Mustang forum, someone posted a link recently. Big deal? Why you picking on me? See no reason.

5) I don't give a rats *** about my grammer on a stupid forum. I care when I am at work and I just type what I think real fast and never read back. That is why you see alot of mistakes.

All your info is your opinion thats it, not anyone elses. Alot of people I talk still that you think didn't like me. We talk daily. Big deal, I never have issues, but we laugh when .orgy people start ****, because its the usual here with many.

(sarcasm alert)
(end alert)

I'll have to even admit that is funny.

This is uncalled for
Old 05-23-2002, 07:32 AM

Yes I'm gay adj. Merry, and bright and lively..

You are Homo. Good day sir.
Old 05-23-2002, 07:32 AM
RussMaxManiac

Re: Actually...

Originally posted by jjs

The crust between your toes has MORE relevance!

At least we can stretch that topic to be Max related if we offer the crust to those still running RE-92's to help with traction.

Old 05-23-2002, 07:33 AM

Classic.
Old 05-23-2002, 07:34 AM
The silent but deadly Moderator

not really appropriate..

on so many levels.

last word, for those that 'hate' russ.. you've never met him.. he's actually a very nice guy. he would honestly go out of his way to help you with anything he could.

just dont get him in front of keyboard or rely on his memory.

He has actually given ALOT to the maxima community over the last 4 or 5 years. ALOT. cut him some slack.