5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Sidemarkers: all clear or red/clear

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2002, 11:37 AM

Sidemarkers: all clear or red/clear

which looks better?

OR

Old 06-01-2002, 11:53 AM

I glad you ask this question, I am debating the same thing on my Majestic Blue 02. I took the rear clears out and put the red ones back in. It's close, but I think the red rears look better on the darker color Max.
Old 06-01-2002, 12:37 PM

I have majestic blue. Red in the back looks better, clear in the front to match the HID setup. BTW, DO NOT take out the rears, they are a PITA to get out without scratching or chipping the paint away, and the clears rattle a bunch. Just for info so no one else has to use paintscratch.com 2 weeks after they got a 2K2 like me!
Old 06-01-2002, 12:45 PM

Originally posted by Neal728
I have majestic blue. Red in the back looks better, clear in the front to match the HID setup. BTW, DO NOT take out the rears, they are a PITA to get out without scratching or chipping the paint away, and the clears rattle a bunch. Just for info so no one else has to use paintscratch.com 2 weeks after they got a 2K2 like me!
they are a pain to get out but then i realized i was doing it the wrong way. just put a flat head scrrew driver on the part of the lense *CLOSEST TO THE FRONT OF THE CAR* and they pop right out. i was trying forever to get them out by prying on the side closest to the rear and it wasnt working. (i had red for a week, switch to clear for 3 months, and back to red for now. those pictures are the actual lenses. not photoshop)
Old 06-01-2002, 01:00 PM

Interesting, pop out from the front, the rears work like that? LOL @ the instructions I used then. Sheesh
Old 06-01-2002, 01:01 PM
I miss the .org!

All clears with the respective red/amber LEDs on all cars.
Old 06-01-2002, 01:12 PM

Originally posted by Triple8Sol
i heard its been pretty hard to find truely RED blubs for the rear lenses. many people buy "red" bulbs but they end up shining a pinkish color.

i had my stock clear bulbs in there for the last few months and it looked ugly.
Old 06-01-2002, 01:25 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

i like the clears all around. ive got a super black with clears in front and back with plasma blue bulbs. they look real nice
Old 06-01-2002, 01:58 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Like Ive told many of you guys before, buy Amber and RED LED'S ! You will not be sorry. On the Glacier White Maxxs the all clear is the way to go, on all the other colors, it's a matter of taste ....
Old 06-01-2002, 02:01 PM
I miss the .org!

Originally posted by Triple8Sol
Oh I did say LEDs and not bulbs, didn't I?
Old 06-01-2002, 02:10 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

clear in front, red in back.
Old 06-01-2002, 02:37 PM
Maxima06071

I have an Icelandic Pearl max currently I have some cheap, like just normal clear bulbs in my clear sides(clear front and back) and I was woundering if anyone knows where I can get some super white LED's for my sides.

Old 06-01-2002, 03:58 PM

Originally posted by MaximaZero
clear in front, red in back.
Ditto...that's what I did and I have the superblack 6spd. Looks great.
Old 06-01-2002, 04:00 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Originally posted by Maxima06071
I have an Icelandic Pearl max currently I have some cheap, like just normal clear bulbs in my clear sides(clear front and back) and I was woundering if anyone knows where I can get some super white LED's for my sides.
I found mine on Ebay.
Old 06-01-2002, 04:07 PM
2K1HoMax

Originally posted by Newman

i heard its been pretty hard to find truely RED blubs for the rear lenses. many people buy "red" bulbs but they end up shining a pinkish color.

i had my stock clear bulbs in there for the last few months and it looked ugly.
why dont u guys pop in the polarg lights, i think it looks pretty sweet.

Old 06-01-2002, 05:43 PM

I have clears in the front and reds in the back, I like the "splash" of color! Adds a little dimension I think.

Just my $0.02
Old 06-01-2002, 05:53 PM
CO2kmax

I have all clear on a black max, but no lights. The reason why is because I have side markers. That would be 3 lights on one side ( to many in my opinon) it looks good.

Old 06-01-2002, 06:01 PM

Originally posted by CO2kmax
I have all clear on a black max, but no lights. The reason why is because I have side markers. That would be 3 lights on one side ( to many in my opinon) it looks good.

if you dont use them, you should paint the lenses black. that would look pretty nice i think.

do you not have bulbs in either of the stock side markers? or just the front?
Old 06-01-2002, 06:04 PM

if you dont use them, you should paint the lenses black. that would look pretty nice i think.

That would be sweet. Black out the entire side of the car. Very clean look. I'm guessin illegal though.
Old 06-01-2002, 06:05 PM

Oh and I almost forgot. I think both clear looks better. The pic you put up with one red one clear looks funky to me.
Old 06-01-2002, 06:16 PM

when you say "i have sidemarkers" do you mean like this? i blacked out the front and rear sidemarkers and put an extra sidemarker when i figured yours was. supposedly if you spray a tinting spray on the lense so its black at day, it will give off a reddish glow at night if there is a bulb under it (that would make it somewhat legal since it will still be red in the back)

Old 06-01-2002, 06:50 PM

Originally posted by kloogy
Like Ive told many of you guys before, buy Amber and RED LED'S ! You will not be sorry. On the Glacier White Maxxs the all clear is the way to go, on all the other colors, it's a matter of taste ....
kloogy, is it possible to get amber led bulbs for the front turning signal? I just cleared my headlights and wanted to have led's instead of regular bulbs.

Nathan
Old 06-01-2002, 11:56 PM

stupid stupid me

well, i cant switch back to clears in the rear even if i wanted to.

both of my clear lenses had moisture in them. i heard putting them in the over at a relatively low heat would get the moisture out. so i put them in the oven and i guess my relatively low heat wasnt relatively low enough and the lights got just soft enough so that they bent on the oven rack because of their own weight.

so, i guess my decision was made for me. maybe ill look into getting another pair but who knows.
Old 06-02-2002, 01:06 AM
CO2kmax

Yea newman sidemarkers like that. Im not sure about painting the side markers, but I have been pondering the thought of painting my stock ones that i dont use to see what it looks like. instead of messing up my clears.

Old 06-02-2002, 01:06 PM

Re: Sidemarkers: all clear or red/clear

I think all clear looks better

which looks better?

OR

Old 06-02-2002, 01:58 PM
lcf

for me the answer is dependant on which angle i am looking at the car. it seems to me if both the clears (front+rear) are seen from the same angle like looking at the car from the side... it seems to be a little overkill and it looks weird. however, if youre standing at the side of the car and walk towards the back corner enough so the rear lens is in the foreground and the front lens is in the background then it looks REALLY sweet. this is the reason why i still have the clears on in the rear.

am i on crack or what.

Old 06-02-2002, 02:01 PM

Originally posted by lcf
for me the answer is dependant on which angle i am looking at the car. it seems to me if both the clears (front+rear) are seen from the same angle like looking at the car from the side... it seems to be a little overkill and it looks weird. however, if youre standing at the side of the car and walk towards the back corner enough so the rear lens is in the foreground and the front lens is in the background then it looks REALLY sweet. this is the reason why i still have the clears on in the rear.

am i on crack or what.

i agree with you actually. thats why i was having trouble deciding.

Old 06-02-2002, 02:03 PM

although, i think we may have oppsite opinions. i like how the red/clears look from the angled shot but from a flat side view i think i like the all clears better. but like i said, since i ****ed up my rear clear lenses i dont have a choice anymore.
Old 06-02-2002, 02:19 PM
lcf

although, i think we may have oppsite opinions. i like how the red/clears look from the angled shot but from a flat side view i think i like the all clears better. but like i said, since i ****ed up my rear clear lenses i dont have a choice anymore.
heh, yeah... low heat means LOW heat...! i guess u dont bake.
Old 06-02-2002, 02:26 PM

Originally posted by lcf
heh, yeah... low heat means LOW heat...! i guess u dont bake.
**** baking. i microwave
Old 06-02-2002, 03:28 PM

My answer depends on what color are your tails:

Mine are red throughout(2k,2k1,GXE,GLE) and you can see the red from the side of the car - hence red looks better on the rear sidemarker.

On the 2k2 clear tails I would go with clear rear sidemarkers

On the SE lights... your choice on the light car I think clear looks better on the dark ones red(or tint them black) looks better.
Old 06-02-2002, 04:08 PM

I just put the clears on yesterday and they really look good only the is condensation on the right side rear marker.
will call tomorrow to the place I ordered from.
My Site:
www.geocities.com/twodmax2002

Originally posted by lcf

am i on crack or what.

Old 06-02-2002, 04:32 PM

Originally posted by twodmax
I just put the clears on yesterday and they really look good only the is condensation on the right side rear marker.
will call tomorrow to the place I ordered from.
My Site:
www.geocities.com/twodmax2002

lots of people get moisture in their lenses. its nothing the place you bought it from can help. get the moisture out and then put some silicone sealent around the lense before you put it back on the car.
Old 06-03-2002, 11:48 AM

Clear and Red...

Check out my HOMEPAGE
Old 06-03-2002, 12:29 PM

Re: Clear and Red...

Originally posted by LouE37
Check out my HOMEPAGE
Looks sweet. I think the 2K taillights look better with the red reflectors in the back and the clear in the front. I think it looks a bit weird having clear reflectors in the back.

By the way, I am tired of having "newbie" under my name. How many posts do you have to have to shed that damn label!!!
Old 06-03-2002, 12:31 PM

Re: Re: Clear and Red...

Originally posted by Texasguy

By the way, I am tired of having "newbie" under my name. How many posts do you have to have to shed that damn label!!!

50 i think.
Old 06-03-2002, 01:07 PM

Well I got clear up front and red in the rear. In my opinion clear doesn't look good on certain color cars just like the 02 rear lights they just don't match all colors of the MAXIMA. I think white and silver look the best with clears but thats just my opinion.
Old 06-03-2002, 01:24 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Sidemarkers: all clear or red/clear

which looks better?

OR

I like all Maxs with clears all around (I even left the bulbs in mine white, so I'd glow white too. I think the all white just looks cleaner.)
Old 06-03-2002, 03:09 PM

i was broke at the time of ordering the clears so i just got the front ones i think it looks nice clear/red but one clear fell out on the hwy so im reordering them but this time both front and rear with red 194 LEDs and white leds
Old 06-03-2002, 03:40 PM

I ordered another set for the rear $27.00for the set.
www.custommaxima.com
Originally posted by djPlayboy
i was broke at the time of ordering the clears so i just got the front ones i think it looks nice clear/red but one clear fell out on the hwy so im reordering them but this time both front and rear with red 194 LEDs and white leds

Quick Reply: Sidemarkers: all clear or red/clear