5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

OT what was your wierdest car accident??

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2002, 05:40 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

OT what was your wierdest car accident??

mine was 3 years ago... I was driving my beloved 1995 nissan sentra (manual tranny of course) and I had decided to take the back roads through the "florida countryside" to work and avoid morning traffic

I was halfway there when a flatbed truck pulled out in front of me, since i was on a two lane road in a residential area, i decided to be patient and NOT pass the truck.

You know how you swerve over in the oncoming lane to see if a car is coming? I had just done that and then moved back into my lane when all of a sudden this DANG WHEELBARROW comes flying towards my windshield!!

it had been sitting on the flatbed in front of me on top of bales of hay

I was going 45-50mph

despite swerving to the right to avoid the wheelbarrow ....it hit me anyway, and before I realized it I had gone TOO FAR to the right and

hit a mailbox

now this was not an ORDINARY mailbox mind you...it was made of cactus, cement rocks, flowers and big decorative rocks

the ENTIRE right side of the car was demolished...and so was the mailbox

fortunatley the driver of the flatbed stopped and insurance fixed the car..BUT it took me two years of complaining about a grinding noise (and wobbling)during braking before a mechanic was able to pinpoint the prob and fix it (rocks from the mailbox had gotten in the wheel hub and grinded it down to the point where the tire was about to fall off the axel)

the funny part is that the wobbling and grinding noise is something that maximas have tsb's for!!
Old 06-07-2002, 06:59 PM

ouch

well the weirdest and only wreck my 2k max has seen i wasnt even in my car my gf was backing out my car after she took a friend of hers home while i was DJing one night and she backed my poor car right into a firehydrant, no damage to the hydrant but the max on the other hand.... there was and still is a small hole in my rear bumper and thats it just a lil hole where she hit the bolt on the firehydrant, when she came home she couldnt look at me(car was 2 weeks old) i asked her what she did and i went out side and was lik then it went to but appoligies were made words were said and i forgave her
Old 06-07-2002, 08:09 PM
IMBOUTTOBUSTSOMEGHOSTS

my best was in my old car. i had a 95 altima and i was coming around a blind corner around 40mph. there was a car sitting around the corner waiting for a squirrel to cross the road. i locked up the brakes and ran into the back of a kia i think it was. turned out my front license plate was the only thing that made contact and it was a rental car. i ended up paying 75 bucks to enterprise because of a squirrel.
Old 06-07-2002, 08:10 PM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

I ran over a huge ladder going 80 mph on the freeway in my altima. 2 craked rims, 2 shredded tires, bent control arm, super duper alignment.

13 other cars hit the same ladder until it finally ended up getting wedged through a Chevy pickup's door after being kicked up by a semi. That is when the cops shut down the freeway and cleared out all the debris and the ladder. Major carnage.
Old 06-07-2002, 10:05 PM

Damn, When my family bought our 99 ford windstar, 3 days later, we were driving home on the freeway and I thikn the spare tire in the jeep in front of us fell off from under the rear bumper and we ran over it. A few other cars behind us ran over it too. There was a stabilizer bar in the front which completely got bent up and the trans and oil pans were knocked off. $1600 worth of damage on a 3 day old vehicle.

I was driving home with a friend from college in that van 6 months ago, and the car in front of me throws some back board about a square foot by one inch and the van gets hit right on the hood. Ford's quality paint didn't chip one bit, but there is a slightly noticable dent on the hood.

Two days later, I was driving with that friend in my taurus and I ran over a f#$# bumper in the middle of the freeway. I was ****ed, but luckly there wasn't any damage.
Old 06-07-2002, 11:08 PM

this was the end of my first car, a 92 taurus. i was coming home late at night from somewhere, and the road i was on had all green lights down to this intersection i had to cross. the road i was on looked like this:

/
/
/ ^
------------- N
|
|
|

i was travelling north, and since i had all green lights, i was on the gas a little bit too much. apparently, there was a huge pothole in the middle of the intersection. after hitting it, it acted more as a ramp, and i launched in the air, like i was looking up. i slammed on the brakes and cut the wheel all the way to the right so i wouldnt run into oncoming traffic, but it didnt do any good cuz i was airborne. i slammed down on the center divider, which was sidewalk height, and my whole left wheel popped off. then, since the wheel was cut all the way to the right, i slingshotted across the road into a fire hydrant. seriously, if i were rich and had the money to throw around, id go launching more cars off stuff. it was way fun.
Old 06-07-2002, 11:16 PM

I was at a stop sign and a lady came around a corner and rode her bicycle into the side of my car, she was going about 20 MPH. She sewed me and my insurance offered her 5 grand as a settlement. She refused the settlement offer and after 4 years passed by we went to trial(2 months ago), of course I one the stupid case becuase it was 100% her fault. So in the end she got nothing, serves the beatch right..
Old 06-08-2002, 12:55 AM

Originally posted by emax95
I was at a stop sign and a lady came around a corner and rode her bicycle into the side of my car, she was going about 20 MPH. She sewed me and my insurance offered her 5 grand as a settlement. She refused the settlement offer and after 4 years passed by we went to trial(2 months ago), of course I one the stupid case becuase it was 100% her fault. So in the end she got nothing, serves the beatch right..
My little cousin was riding on a sidewalk going fullspeed downhill and ran into a chevy full size sierra backing out of the driveway; my little cousin was at fault according to the police because bicycles aren't suppose to be ridden on the sidewalk.. I found that bullcrap, but rules are rules.
Old 06-08-2002, 01:02 AM
lcf

Originally posted by emax95
hahaha... dude, you must be really tired!

she "sewed" you? and you "one" the case?

Old 06-08-2002, 02:09 AM
wat

Two wierd ones

I got two nice ones. One day while driving home from school (HS) I was in my neighborhood with my '89 Mustang GT, driving slowly (25 or so) when all of a sudden a herd of deer come running out in front of me. I stop and let them all pass when not one but TWO of the stupid animals hit me. The first one hits the front fender and slides across my hood. The second rams headfirst in to passenger window and door. The resulting damage? Passenger side fender dented and scratched along with the hood. (Apparently, the doe had her mouth open because her teeth slid all the way across the hood and scratched it up big time). The passenger side window shattered and the door was dented in 4 places. There was a total of 5000.00 in damage. And you know both of the deet got right up and kept running. UGH. The other accident was when I was in Florida, I hit an alligator with my rental car going about 70 miles an hour. Damaged the suspension. Not too bad. Unfortunately, killed a protected animal. It was at night and he was just chill'n in the middle of the road.
Old 06-08-2002, 03:36 AM

Re: Two wierd ones

I was 18 years old and I had a 1978 Honda Goldwing. I was cruising the gut and picked up this girl I really liked. We pull up to this red light and a Mustang 5.0 pulls up next to me and the race is on. I fly past him and shut it down. He passes me at full throttle so I get on it again. Just as I'm really starting to catch up to him (the road narrowed to two lanes so I had to get behind him in the same lane) he slams on his brakes for some unknown reason. I do an emergency swerve (at 70 mph) and clip the left corner of his rear bumper with my right-side crash bar. It tears off his whole bumper and my bike's rear tire skids from left to right for what seemed like forever and then miraculously corrects itself and we end up just fine. That's the most scared I've ever been. We should've died. And this was back in 1990 when there was no helmet law, so of course neither of us were wearing helmets.

I sold my motorcycle that same week.

Tony
Old 06-08-2002, 03:58 AM

was at school parked at the curb...

while i was getting my books out of the backseat..I see this kid trying to park behind me and one other car in back of him

well apparently he couldnt park for his damn life because he entered nose first when he should've parallel parked

he got all confused and ended up lightly hitting my bumper....this all happened when i was in the backseat

so i hear this big thump and my car moves like 1/2 a foot foward, big ole dent in my bumper and he thinks it was gonna cost something like $50 to fix

better yet his father is like "thats what bumpers are for"

my ***...i went to my insurance company and they did a search on his insurance and I got my $400 from them
Old 06-08-2002, 04:15 AM

Originally posted by Pmp-n8a
better yet his father is like "thats what bumpers are for"
That's like people in parking lots when they bump another car with their door when getting in/out. When you catch them and call them on it they're like "Well, that happens to me all the time!" and try to walk away!!!

WHATEVER!!!

Ignorant people

I had my new Prelude for one week and came out to where I had parked it and saw a big boat car next to it. Sure enough there was a small crease in my door. I waited for the ****er to come out and pointed it out to him. He said "I didn't do that!!" I told him to open the door and see if it matched...which it did. Of course he said it didn't match. I asked for his insurance card and when he opened the door and sat in his car, the door swung open and THUNK...hit my car in the same spot again!!! I had two friends with me that couldn't stop laughing. His insurance paid for the damage in full.

Tony
Old 06-08-2002, 09:57 AM

Originally posted by lcf
hahaha... dude, you must be really tired!

she "sewed" you? and you "one" the case?

I suck at spelling in general but I definatly meant to say "one". Sued I know I just don't always catch it as specialy when it's two in the morning after being out on friday night.
Old 06-08-2002, 10:08 AM
lcf

Re: Re: Two wierd ones

Originally posted by Tony Fernandes
I was 18 years old and I had a 1978 Honda Goldwing. I was cruising the gut and picked up this girl I really liked. We pull up to this red light and a Mustang 5.0 pulls up next to me and the race is on. I fly past him and shut it down. He passes me at full throttle so I get on it again. Just as I'm really starting to catch up to him (the road narrowed to two lanes so I had to get behind him in the same lane) he slams on his brakes for some unknown reason. I do an emergency swerve (at 70 mph) and clip the left corner of his rear bumper with my right-side crash bar. It tears off his whole bumper and my bike's rear tire skids from left to right for what seemed like forever and then miraculously corrects itself and we end up just fine. That's the most scared I've ever been. We should've died. And this was back in 1990 when there was no helmet law, so of course neither of us were wearing helmets.

I sold my motorcycle that same week.

Tony
this is a scary story!!!!!