5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Had an 3.5 Alty for breakfast....

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2002, 08:53 AM
MaximaFreak

Originally posted by phattyaltnatl
Then why in the HELL are the dealers basically GIVING away Maximas at the same price as the Altimas?

Face it guys, you're ****s are PLAYED! The design is only 2 3/4 years old, and it doesn't even look as good as a 95 Millenium?????

Then Nissan's LAME attempt to make the Max's tails looks like the Alt's be clearing them out! LAME AS HELL!

Why is the new Max being built on the our Altima's platform?

Face it, Maxima guys, if your only gripe on us is about the lower quality materials used on the inside, you're basically GRASPING for straws at this point! Let it go guys, let it go.
Yeah, speaking of letting it go ...

We're not here to argue with you. We're here because we like Maximas. Just because you miss the HLSD and the 6sp doesn't mean you have to come in here and flame.
Second ... both the Maxima and Altima came out at the same time with the clear tails ... who's to say which came first? Go back to your Altima forum and flame us ... lord knows none of us troll in there.
Old 06-12-2002, 08:57 AM

Re: Different folks different strokes

Originally posted by Tallyman
Why cant we all just get along.....
Why can't we all just have a *******?
Old 06-12-2002, 08:58 AM

The big decision makers for me to by a maxima over an alty were :

1. 6 spd
2. HLSD
3. HID's standard
4. Navigation System
5. Interior, I didnt like the instrument cluster set-up on the alty

Add these to an alty from the factory, then its a different story. Would have been a tough decision
Old 06-12-2002, 08:59 AM

Re: Re: Different folks different strokes

Originally posted by Chinkzilla

Why can't we all just have a *******?
Some of us do....
Old 06-12-2002, 09:09 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by phattyaltnatl
Then why in the HELL are the dealers basically GIVING away Maximas at the same price as the Altimas? [QUOTE]

To help boost the sales of your Altima

[QUOTE] Face it guys, you're ****s are PLAYED! The design is only 2 3/4 years old, and it doesn't even look as good as a 95 Millenium????? [QUOTE]

I think your referring to the Millenia.
My friend has a 99 and I think my car looks a whole lot better

[QUOTE] Then Nissan's LAME attempt to make the Max's tails looks like the Alt's be clearing them out! LAME AS HELL! [QUOTE]

From what I remember the Alty 2k2 and the Max 2k2 came out the same year right? 2002?

Face it, Maxima guys, if your only gripe on us is about the lower quality materials used on the inside, you're basically GRASPING for straws at this point! Let it go guys, let it go.
So I guess it's not that important to you despite the fact that you spend 100% of your time inside the car when your driving...
Old 06-12-2002, 09:29 AM
Boost.....

The big decision makers for me to by a maxima over an alty were :

1. 6 spd
2. HLSD
3. HID's standard
4. Navigation System
5. Interior, I didnt like the instrument cluster set-up on the alty

Add these to an alty from the factory, then its a different story. Would have been a tough decision
You forgot 15 more ponies.
Old 06-12-2002, 09:31 AM

Originally posted by Padsy 02 6sp

Old 06-12-2002, 09:32 AM

Originally posted by Padsy 02 6sp

Ahhh, but of course...
Old 06-12-2002, 09:39 AM

Re: Re: Re: Different folks different strokes

Some of us do....
ROFL
Old 06-12-2002, 09:56 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Different folks different strokes

Originally posted by Chinkzilla

ROFL

ROFL ?????
Old 06-12-2002, 10:07 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Different folks different strokes

Rolling On The Floor Laughing

ROFL ?????
Old 06-12-2002, 12:29 PM

Alright guys, we didn't appreciate the fact that one of you guys said he had an Altima 'for breakfast', when in fact The Max had mods, plus a 6sp, versus a AUT0 3.5, and only beat him by less than 1 car length.

Then yall started talking about our interior, which is NOT THAT much worse than the Max's.

As for the tails, I SERIOUSLY doubt that Nissan cleared the tails on the Max, then said..HMMMMM. That looks pretty nice, let's do the same thing for our ALL-NEW 2002 Nissan Altima! C'MON! GIMME A REST!!

They knew they fukced up the Maxima's tails in '99, so for 2 years they've made LAME attempts to make the rear look better, by changing colors of the lenses on the 01-02 models.

Whoever that was that raced the Altima, tell him to don't gloat like that anymore, because he looked real dumb.
Old 06-12-2002, 12:41 PM

Bottom line: The Alitma will never have an interior or the feel of this!

Old 06-12-2002, 12:42 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

"WE"? You and what army? This is Maxima.ORG

You keep bringing up the tails. Do you work for Nissan? How can you know which they produced 1st? Your complete argument is based on YOUR opinion. I think it's time for you to give it a rest.
Old 06-12-2002, 12:45 PM

I think he said that he had a strut tower brace and some other mild mod - no intake or anything. So it's not a matter of the mods beating the Alti.

Remember the video floating around where the punks in the Alty tried their best to beat the Maxima? It's freakin hilarious - someone post the link!!!!

Trevor

Alright guys, we didn't appreciate the fact that one of you guys said he had an Altima 'for breakfast', when in fact The Max had mods, plus a 6sp, versus a AUT0 3.5, and only beat him by less than 1 car length.

Then yall started talking about our interior, which is NOT THAT much worse than the Max's.

As for the tails, I SERIOUSLY doubt that Nissan cleared the tails on the Max, then said..HMMMMM. That looks pretty nice, let's do the same thing for our ALL-NEW 2002 Nissan Altima! C'MON! GIMME A REST!!

They knew they fukced up the Maxima's tails in '99, so for 2 years they've made LAME attempts to make the rear look better, by changing colors of the lenses on the 01-02 models.

Whoever that was that raced the Altima, tell him to don't gloat like that anymore, because he looked real dumb.
Old 06-12-2002, 12:50 PM
The silent but deadly Moderator

I had a poptart pastry thing...

the new improved ones with extra strawberry filling.. I 'killed' it.
Old 06-12-2002, 02:43 PM
I miss the .org!

*blah blah blah* Altimas are nice, but overall Maximas are nicer . The kicker for me was truly the interior...the center console is designed like a Ford Taurus, and similar materials too. Where I live, even 2K2 Maximas still go for more than a 3.5 Alty.
Old 06-12-2002, 02:51 PM

I raCe AltY anD BloW IT awAY!!!!! I WaS in NEw MaX anD AltY ComE Up TO mE anD WanT To RaCe. LigHt TurN GreEn anD he gO. I WaiT fIVe SecONdS anD puT in DRIve AnD PunCh It. By 40mPH I WuZ 10 CarS AheAD. I CuT oFF ALty anD SlaM on BrAKES. HiS BraKes ARE CrapPY and He flies OFf Road aND RoLL OveR. I PuLL OvEr AnD GeT hiS GIrLFrienD anD We gO to MoTEL 6 and Do it cAuse I haVe MaxIma and he Drive CrappY ALTImA.

*****that was so much fun!!!!!!!!******
Old 06-12-2002, 03:33 PM

Digression:

I knew I should have gotten the Navi:

Old 06-12-2002, 05:12 PM

MaX INterIOR BeST. ThAT No MAx InTERioR. ThAt OuT of AcCorD TyPe R. ThEY HAvE 500 ShoT of NawS, BuT noT as FaSt as My AuTo MaX!!!
Old 06-12-2002, 05:17 PM
MaximaFreak

Now I know why I don't own an altima or even troll the forum for that matter
Old 06-12-2002, 06:50 PM

Originally posted by Maximus1000
I raCe AltY anD BloW IT awAY!!!!! I WaS in NEw MaX anD AltY ComE Up TO mE anD WanT To RaCe. LigHt TurN GreEn anD he gO. I WaiT fIVe SecONdS anD puT in DRIve AnD PunCh It. By 40mPH I WuZ 10 CarS AheAD. I CuT oFF ALty anD SlaM on BrAKES. HiS BraKes ARE CrapPY and He flies OFf Road aND RoLL OveR. I PuLL OvEr AnD GeT hiS GIrLFrienD anD We gO to MoTEL 6 and Do it cAuse I haVe MaxIma and he Drive CrappY ALTImA.

*****that was so much fun!!!!!!!!******

hahaha

has it come to this?
Old 06-12-2002, 07:03 PM

Yes, it has.....

You should've seen the reaction when I did that on the clubsi.com board. Hmmmm, I wonder what I wasn banned by day two?
Old 06-13-2002, 05:26 AM
Boost.....

BTW...The only reason I beat him by 1 car length is because I let off early. It was a street with businesses around, and I wanted to respect the other people around.....besides the guy in the Alty of course..

This is great....Hummm Im hungry again, mabye I will have a white alty for lunch today, cloth please, that leather gave me the hiccupps.
Old 06-20-2002, 01:09 PM

lol
Old 06-20-2002, 01:18 PM
Boost.....

Originally posted by RyRy
lol

Old 06-20-2002, 01:25 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Clearly the Pathfinder is the best...why else would the Maxima and the Altima gotten the Pathfinder's engine?
Old 06-20-2002, 01:35 PM

God forbid in your Max you hit a turn and there's a bump in the road. That rear end with crack like a whip!
Just kidding, this may not be the case for modified suspension Maxs.
Old 06-21-2002, 05:19 AM
Boost.....

Originally posted by woreyah
God forbid in your Max you hit a turn and there's a bump in the road. That rear end with crack like a whip!
Just kidding, this may not be the case for modified suspension Maxs.
I went around one turn and saw the "SE" badge, I could have stuck my hand out the window and shook hands with myself.
Old 06-21-2002, 04:56 PM

He doesn't have any engine mods and it from a roll, where the advantage of a drop clutch launch dissappears.

I don't know what to say about that...

You and I don't have proof of this so give THAT a rest!

It's a mid-life upgrade, most cars are freshened during their lifetime.

Thats just an opinion, but your here on a MAXIMA website, so respect or get out.
Old 06-21-2002, 04:58 PM

BTW...

Have a nice day!
Old 06-21-2002, 10:41 PM

This is just my opinion, but it's an honest assesment and the magazine articles agree. I truly like the Altima's exterior. It looks more aggressive than the Maxima. The Maxima looks more refined and has a more upscale luxury type look. I originally went to the dealership looking at the Altima's because I do love the exterior. Unfortunately, when I looked at the interior I felt disappointed to say the least. It fealt very cheap while sitting inside. I took it for a test drive and again was very disappointed. Road noise was intrusive. Just for the hell of it I drove the Maxima. I've liked the Maxima's since the 4th generation, but never considered spending the money for one. I went for the test drive and just fell in love. The ride was extremely quiet and more supple than the Altima. The interior felt solid and gave me the fealing of being surrounded. Low and behold there's a $1k rebate and the dealers are willing to let the Maxima's go at the same price as the Altima's. Everything on the Altima is an option while the Maxima is standard. I know that everyone has different tastes, but you can't deny that the Maxima is a more substantial car.
Old 06-21-2002, 10:54 PM

The Altima's interior does look like a Taurus which just happens to be the car traded in for the Maxima. Yes the Altima has much better suspension than the Maxima, but the ride isn't as good. Have you ever raced someone on a 2 lane corner? I didn't think so. I had the pleasure of driving an Acura 3.5 cl today. I say it was a pleasure because I realized how much price/performance the Maxima has. You feel like your sitting in a ditch in the Acura and the interior doesn't feel as refined althought the layout is pretty damn close to the Maxima. On the Acura's side, the handling was much better.
Old 06-22-2002, 12:23 AM

Well, since someone mentioned the Pathfinder, I think what would be fun is to mod up an Xterra. If we're gonna talk about which is the faster Nissan, is it really that much of a discussion? I mean come on! An Xterra can beat my 2K2 in the 1/4 mile, however only if we are making our way up a sand dune (i.e. cheesy "Chair Lift" reference :-). BTW, I love my Max, but damn, that Xterra engine, you can really feel the integrated first aid kit and the 15hp gains it gives you. I'm tired of my FrankenBerk intake, I'm switching to a CAFIP (cold air first aid pack). Ramble over.
Old 06-22-2002, 12:38 AM

Originally posted by ScreamingVQ
It's a mid-life upgrade, most cars are freshened during their lifetime.
Yup. Altimas aren't strangers to the mid-life upgrade. 00-01 Altimas got different head and tail lights than the 98-99 Altimas.

And isn't Nissan already upgrading the leather on the 2002 Altimas? There were posts on altimas.net about better leather in later 2002's..

Nothing wrong with freshening up the look within the same model cycle..
Old 06-22-2002, 11:36 AM

Originally posted by RyRy

Yup. Altimas aren't strangers to the mid-life upgrade. 00-01 Altimas got different head and tail lights than the 98-99 Altimas.

And isn't Nissan already upgrading the leather on the 2002 Altimas? There were posts on altimas.net about better leather in later 2002's..

Nothing wrong with freshening up the look within the same model cycle..

I'm pretty sure going by specs released from some members at www.freshalloy.com that the 2003 Altima's will have more soft touch interior plastics, which means Nissan is actually listening to consumers on the "below-par" fit/finish/materials compared to the Cam/Cord or even the previous Altima. They also said an "improved" V6 engine, which can mean anything ranging from more advance engine mounts, quieter operation, more (on paper) HP. Who knows?
Old 06-22-2002, 01:53 PM
I miss the .org!

Originally posted by Virus
The Altima's interior does look like a Taurus which just happens to be the car traded in for the Maxima.
Thank you! Someone else finally agrees. I just love the sound of the Maxima engine...quiet and vicious at the same time.