5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

cross-drilled question

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2002, 10:58 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

cross-drilled question

All opinions appreciated folks. I've searched and found lots of useful data, just want to hear some up to date opinions on this. I'm stuck between 2 choices, get the special deal from Phuong at eatricezone.com (crossdrilled rotors, metal masters, lines and fluid) or just get drilled rotors from Phuong and Porterfield R4S pads alone.....Please give me your thoughts and opinions as I'll want to make a change in the next week. Damn judder is killing me!
Old 06-25-2002, 11:51 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: cross-drilled question

are u getting all 4 rotors? or just 2? phoung has a package deal on all 4 rotors plus accessories for 500+. is that wat u r getting?

ask him if he has slotted ones. that's what I would prefer. if u have 17inch+ rims, you should consider willwood large brake kit. check out GD forum....I think it is 500 with caliper, pads and rotors. (front only)

Originally posted by srbarnes4ever
All opinions appreciated folks. I've searched and found lots of useful data, just want to hear some up to date opinions on this. I'm stuck between 2 choices, get the special deal from Phuong at eatricezone.com (crossdrilled rotors, metal masters, lines and fluid) or just get drilled rotors from Phuong and Porterfield R4S pads alone.....Please give me your thoughts and opinions as I'll want to make a change in the next week. Damn judder is killing me!
Old 06-25-2002, 12:08 PM

Re: Re: cross-drilled question

Originally posted by [maxi-overdose]
are u getting all 4 rotors? or just 2? phoung has a package deal on all 4 rotors plus accessories for 500+. is that wat u r getting?

ask him if he has slotted ones. that's what I would prefer. if u have 17inch+ rims, you should consider willwood large brake kit. check out GD forum....I think it is 500 with caliper, pads and rotors. (front only)

I'm planning to get all 4....the main question I guess is is it worth it to get the package deal with everything or just rotors and Porterfield pads which are supposed to be top ****? I hadn't seen a $500 dollar big brake kit...I've been following a thread for an $800 dollar one though and I'm not ready to spend that much yet just for fronts..I have 18s on my ride though...
Old 06-25-2002, 12:12 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: cross-drilled question

package deal then....u get the SS brake line and brake fluid too. the SS brake line will not expand and will be better for high speed braking.

Originally posted by srbarnes4ever

I'm planning to get all 4....the main question I guess is is it worth it to get the package deal with everything or just rotors and Porterfield pads which are supposed to be top ****? I hadn't seen a $500 dollar big brake kit...I've been following a thread for an $800 dollar one though and I'm not ready to spend that much yet just for fronts..I have 18s on my ride though...
Old 06-25-2002, 12:30 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: cross-drilled question

Originally posted by [maxi-overdose]
package deal then....u get the SS brake line and brake fluid too. the SS brake line will not expand and will be better for high speed braking.

Thanks my friend!