5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

SE wannabe?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2002, 12:28 PM

SE wannabe?

Funniest thing. I saw this guy on the highway that had a 2000 Maxima GXE. But had gone to some length to make his car look like an SE. He had the spoiler, and the bigger wheels. He went as far as buying the "SE" logo although he put in the wrong place and it looked srange. He did forget the smoked tailights though...otherwise I might have been fooled. I'd say he gets a B for effort.
Old 06-27-2002, 12:33 PM
jjs

Sounds kind of like...

the 2000's and 2001's trying to be 2k2's with HID and tail swaps...

doesn't it?!?!?

Old 06-27-2002, 12:49 PM

or the 2k2s with 2k-2k1 tails
Old 06-27-2002, 12:58 PM
jjs

at least that move...

Originally posted by mattattax
or the 2k2s with 2k-2k1 tails
indicates an improvement in taste!!!

Old 06-27-2002, 01:05 PM
Boost.....

Re: at least that move...

Originally posted by jjs

I object

Old 06-27-2002, 01:12 PM
Sanduguero

Re: Re: at least that move...

the funny thing is that in 2004 we are goin to be copying the 2004 and i know nissan said is suposed to be a new model but what the hell may be it will be just blazin and we probably get a little bit jelous!
is like 2k2 trying to be 2k3 with the titanium!! right?
Old 06-27-2002, 02:26 PM

Re: Re: Re: at least that move...

Originally posted by playero
the funny thing is that in 2004 we are goin to be copying the 2004 and i know nissan said is suposed to be a new model but what the hell may be it will be just blazin and we probably get a little bit jelous!
is like 2k2 trying to be 2k3 with the titanium!! right?
i dunno about you guys but at least from the spy shot, the 2004 is a step down from the 5th gen style-wise. I don't think anyone is gonna want their max to look like that. its just ugly IMO.
Old 06-27-2002, 02:45 PM

Re: at least that move...

Originally posted by jjs

I agree for the lighter colors--I like the darker ones in 2k2 tails
Old 06-27-2002, 03:13 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: at least that move...

I think you forgot the "fugly"

Originally posted by xChungHsienx

i dunno about you guys but at least from the spy shot, the 2004 is a step down from the 5th gen style-wise. I don't think anyone is gonna want their max to look like that. its just ugly IMO.
Old 06-27-2002, 03:40 PM

i have a gxe and thuged it out so it looks like an SE w/ the logo and everything. SO shut up! BTW- instead of the smoked lights, i got 2k2 ones. Also, the 16" 5-spokes will be replaced w/ some 18" konig verdicts on monday! HURRY UP UPS!!!
Old 06-27-2002, 03:47 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: SE wannabe?

the funnies thing will be civics with GTR badges or Camry wtih Mugen windshield stickers.....I have seen both. and more on beaterz.com

Originally posted by speedracer3
Funniest thing. I saw this guy on the highway that had a 2000 Maxima GXE. But had gone to some length to make his car look like an SE. He had the spoiler, and the bigger wheels. He went as far as buying the "SE" logo although he put in the wrong place and it looked srange. He did forget the smoked tailights though...otherwise I might have been fooled. I'd say he gets a B for effort.
Old 06-27-2002, 04:49 PM

Originally posted by Igor911
i have a gxe and thuged it out so it looks like an SE w/ the logo and everything. SO shut up! BTW- instead of the smoked lights, i got 2k2 ones. Also, the 16" 5-spokes will be replaced w/ some 18" konig verdicts on monday! HURRY UP UPS!!!
I sounds like you are more committed to the transformation than this guy was. I hope you paid attention an put the "SE" logo in the right place.
Old 06-27-2002, 05:00 PM

yes i put it in the correct place, i also put a 20th Annic. Ed. Badge on too!
Old 06-27-2002, 05:04 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Re: Re: SE wannabe?

Originally posted by [maxi-overdose]
the funnies thing will be civics with GTR badges or Camry wtih Mugen windshield stickers.....I have seen both. and more on beaterz.com

Or a Toyota Tercel with a MOPAR sticker...
Old 06-27-2002, 05:42 PM
nc00max

I don't think the spoiler is an SE wannabe sort of thing since they're common on GXE's and GLE's. But I have the smoked tails on my GXE simply because my car is black and they look a hell of a lot better on there than the red ones. Other than that, I have stock GXE/GLE 16's, and I had factory fog lights added on there because the holes in the front for them irritated me when they were empty.

Old 06-27-2002, 05:47 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Originally posted by nc00max
I don't think the spoiler is an SE wannabe sort of thing since they're common on GXE's and GLE's. But I have the smoked tails on my GXE simply because my car is black and they look a hell of a lot better on there than the red ones. Other than that, I have stock GXE/GLE 16's, and I had factory fog lights added on there because the holes in the front for them irritated me when they were empty.
i believe the focus on this topic would be the maxima-in-question's improperly placed SE badge.
Old 06-27-2002, 05:54 PM

In all reality, while I acknowledge the thread-starter's right to talk about any Maxima-related topic, he is addressing the core concept of aesthetic or performance modification of automobiles. Whether that is to make them resemble or perform like another automobile or not, that is an enormous part of what the membership of this board engages in doing. A, if not the, core focus of this board is adding things to your car which did not come on it from the factory and whether that is adding fog lights to a GXE, adding 2K2 HIDs to a 2K1, or putting an Injen Intake in, I don't think any of it falls into the category of "wanna be." That's called modifying your car.
Old 06-28-2002, 09:21 AM

Originally posted by MichaelAE
In all reality, while I acknowledge the thread-starter's right to talk about any Maxima-related topic, he is addressing the core concept of aesthetic or performance modification of automobiles. Whether that is to make them resemble or perform like another automobile or not, that is an enormous part of what the membership of this board engages in doing. A, if not the, core focus of this board is adding things to your car which did not come on it from the factory and whether that is adding fog lights to a GXE, adding 2K2 HIDs to a 2K1, or putting an Injen Intake in, I don't think any of it falls into the category of "wanna be." That's called modifying your car.
Why does there have to be a focus to the post?...maybe it's just senseless rambling on my part about a guy who put the "SE" logo in the wrong place.
Old 06-28-2002, 09:23 AM

Why does there have to be a focus to the post?...maybe it's just senseless rambling on my part about a guy who put the "SE" logo in the wrong place.
I have no idea why there has to be a focus on the post. I certainly didn't say your post had to have focus.
Old 06-28-2002, 10:19 AM

I must be missing something here. Why buy a GXE and add all kinds of parts to make it a SE? Why not buy an SE in the first place?
Old 06-28-2002, 10:51 AM
Banned

no need to wannabe, i got an se

Old 06-28-2002, 11:26 AM

Originally posted by Magellan
I must be missing something here. Why buy a GXE and add all kinds of parts to make it a SE? Why not buy an SE in the first place?
Correct me if I am wrong here....but doesn't it cost more to "convert" a GXE to an SE than just to buy an SE outright??.
Old 06-28-2002, 12:31 PM

Correct me if I am wrong here....but doesn't it cost more to "convert" a GXE to an SE than just to buy an SE outright??.
Yes, if you consider the excessive cost of white gauges to all the other expenses. And the results
would be just cosmetic, as this pseudo SE still doesn’t have the stiffer suspension, etc., that is
unique to factory SE’s (unless the refurbisher changes them too at an even greater cost) .
Old 06-28-2002, 12:54 PM

Yes, if you consider the excessive cost of white gauges to all the other expenses. And the results
would be just cosmetic, as this pseudo SE still doesn’t have the stiffer suspension, etc., that is
unique to factory SE’s (unless the refurbisher changes them too at an even greater cost) .
And if I remember correctly it was cheaper to buy a GLE than to get a loaded SE. I guess in terms of cosmetics and cost there is more merit to making a GLE look like an SE than to make GXE look like an SE. I remember having this problem, I thought the GLE was a better deal, but I like the looks of the SE more, so I ended up getting the SE.
Old 06-28-2002, 01:17 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: at least that move...

Originally posted by xChungHsienx

The car isn't finished yet give it a chance to come out then talk. If it is really nice then your going to have to eat crow!!
Old 06-28-2002, 02:31 PM

let's see a GXE is 3000 dollars cheaper than a SE
koni shocks - 500
eibach prokit - 200
installation of above - 200

this is only 900 dollars and this suspension setup is already far more superior than the standard SE. and now u have 2100 left.

Old 06-28-2002, 02:49 PM

let's see a GXE is 3000 dollars cheaper than a SE
koni shocks - 500
eibach prokit - 200
installation of above - 200

this is only 900 dollars and this suspension setup is already far more superior than the standard SE. and now u have 2100 left.
But I thought the name of this game was to make it “pass” for an SE in looks as well as
performance. Therefore, you’ve got to add all these items:

White gauges
Rear spoiler
Plug for removed inside 3rd tail light
SE Rims
SE rear badge
Smoked tail lights
Fog lights
Car colored door handles (4)

I don't think you'll have much of that $2100 left.
Old 06-28-2002, 05:22 PM

Originally posted by MichaelAE
Bravo!

My 2 cents...
Putting down this guy for being a "wanna be" is ridiculous.
Don't be a Maxima Snob!

I have a GXE and an SE. My GXE looks pretty sharp with the spoiler and 5 spoke rims that I added. True Maxima fans know it's not an SE, but who cares, all around that car looks better.
Old 06-28-2002, 05:47 PM

I saw a Honda Accord with a 99 Maxima "SE Limited" logo on his front corner panel? It was sooo sad. I reved my engine, he looked over, the light tuned green, and I blew him away! Teaches him about putting Nissan ish on a Honda!
Old 06-28-2002, 05:58 PM

try to mow down some GTR civics or some nismo civic.

always fun to see cars with wrong badge.

Originally posted by TheodoreSlimm
I saw a Honda Accord with a 99 Maxima "SE Limited" logo on his front corner panel? It was sooo sad. I reved my engine, he looked over, the light tuned green, and I blew him away! Teaches him about putting Nissan ish on a Honda!
Old 06-28-2002, 06:37 PM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

try to mow down some GTR civics or some nismo civic.

always fun to see cars with wrong badge.

I must admit that 3 months ago (before joining this board), I had Type R racing pedals. How the hell was I supposed to know?!?!?