5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Now I wish I had waited on the 2003's

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2002, 11:52 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Now I wish I had waited on the 2003's

My Nissan dealer just got in their first 2k3 Titanium Edition. Its Polished Titanium/Frost Leather. Man that color is awesome! Its got me wanting to get my car painted and I've only had it 2 months!

Another thing I noticed was that it did NOT have the aluminum drilled pedals. I thought this was part of the package.

I also like the Titanium accented trim around the stereo and air vents. Has anybody tried painting these pieces themselves? Whats the easiest way to get those trim pieces off?
Old 07-07-2002, 11:54 AM
L33t BMW Drivah

Just buy a brushed aluminum dash kit, like I did . Im not sorry I didnt get a 2K3. I wanted the Glacier Pearl.
Old 07-07-2002, 11:56 AM

you also have a compass in the mirror on the 03 TE
Old 07-07-2002, 12:01 PM

Originally posted by kloogy
Just buy a brushed aluminum dash kit, like I did . Im not sorry I didnt get a 2K3. I wanted the Glacier Pearl.
I've come close to buying the aluminum dash kits before, especially after seeing how good yours looks. I guess I am trying to find a cheaper route. Can of spray paint=$5, Dash kit=$300.

Where did you get your kit from?

I like the Glacier Pearl, too. When I got mine, they had a glacier pearl and a black one on the lot, both identical in options. I couldn't make up my mind. I decided I would choose when I got to the lot to fill out the paperwork. When I got there someone was buying the glacier pearl one. I took that as a sign!
Old 07-07-2002, 01:43 PM

Re: Now I wish I had waited on the 2003's

Originally posted by suds1
My Nissan dealer just got in their first 2k3 Titanium Edition. Its Polished Titanium/Frost Leather. Man that color is awesome! Its got me wanting to get my car painted and I've only had it 2 months!

Another thing I noticed was that it did NOT have the aluminum drilled pedals. I thought this was part of the package.

I also like the Titanium accented trim around the stereo and air vents. Has anybody tried painting these pieces themselves? Whats the easiest way to get those trim pieces off?
What city is the dealership? I've been telling the dealer here in Iowa that the 03s are out and he keeps telling me, no, they won't be in until May. I'm telling him he is getting screwed.
Old 07-07-2002, 01:46 PM

Re: Re: Now I wish I had waited on the 2003's

Originally posted by CRMax

What city is the dealership? I've been telling the dealer here in Iowa that the 03s are out and he keeps telling me, no, they won't be in until May. I'm telling him he is getting screwed.
Its in Valdosta, GA. It just arrived yesterday. Still has all of the white protectant film on the hood, etc. That is the first and only 2k3 they have received. Maybe the TE's are hitting the lots before the regular 2k3's?
Old 07-07-2002, 02:30 PM

Originally posted by CRMax

I'm in Omaha, and the 2k3 max has been out for a couple months here. Test drove one about 5 weeks ago. Your dealer is being lied to...
Old 07-07-2002, 02:33 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

maxima girl never got back to me, i really like your dash kit, i want to get one.
Old 07-07-2002, 02:50 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Ok. I dug up the box it came in, here's where it came from, its the Synthetic Brushed Aluminum Kit. Its a little more than $200 ,,, well worth it. Ive seen Real Brushed Aluminum, but I didnt like it because its too shiny for me...
http://www.wooddash.com/item/NISSAN_...MAXIMA_2002_UP

Just remember Suds1 , Cheaper is not always better. Sometimes by trying to save some $$, you end up spending more in the long run.... My.02
Old 07-07-2002, 03:39 PM

Just remember Suds1 , Cheaper is not always better. Sometimes by trying to save some $$, you end up spending more in the long run.... My.02 [/B]
Yeah, I've learned that the hard way before!

I'm just tired of spending money on my car. I am truly addicted. I may try the paint and if it doesn't work out, I can always order the Titanium colored pieces from Nissan fairly cheap.

How do the dash kit pieces attach to the dash? Does each piece have its own adhesive backing or do you have to use some kind of adhesive gel?
Old 07-07-2002, 03:51 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

They have an adhesive backing, and a liquid you apply with a sponge, between both of these , it forms a bond that cannot be separated ! That thing STICKS for sure. Dont make any mistakes either, becuase you will be screwed.
Old 07-07-2002, 03:56 PM

They have an adhesive backing, and a liquid you apply with a sponge, between both of these , it forms a bond that cannot be separated ! That thing STICKS for sure. Dont make any mistakes either, becuase you will be screwed.
I just e-mailed the company that makes the kit. I am interested to see if they will just sell me some of the pieces individually without having to buy the whole set. I mainly just want the pieces that go around the AC vents, radio and armrests. I doubt they will do it but it's worth a shot.
Old 07-07-2002, 04:01 PM

Re: Now I wish I had waited on the 2003's

If you like that color so much, how did you end up with a black Maxima. Why didn't you get Sterling Mist? It's almost the same color as Titanium.
Old 07-07-2002, 04:08 PM

Originally posted by Mystical2k2SE

If you like that color so much, how did you end up with a black Maxima. Why didn't you get Sterling Mist? It's almost the same color as Titanium.
It think it really boils down to the fact that I have a really short attention span!

I'm wishing now that I had gotten the Sterling Mist with black interior. At the time I thought the Sterling Mist was a little too light for my taste. The Titanium is a little darker and seems a little shinier too.

Oh well, hindsight's always 20/20!
Old 07-07-2002, 04:12 PM

Im not sorry I didnt get a 2K3. I wanted the Glacier Pearl.
word.

oh and steve, u can find kloogy's kit at these places for 200 bucks even:

http://www.autodash.com/details.lasso?sn=5282&pn=wd433a

http://www.exoticwooddash.com/nissancars.htm

charlie
Old 07-07-2002, 04:14 PM

I just e-mailed the company that makes the kit. I am interested to see if they will just sell me some of the pieces individually without having to buy the whole set. I mainly just want the pieces that go around the AC vents, radio and armrests. I doubt they will do it but it's worth a shot.
Well, if anyone's interested they won't sell the pieces individually.

That was a very quick response from the company though!
Old 07-07-2002, 04:23 PM

Well, if anyone's interested they won't sell the pieces individually.

That was a very quick response from the company though!
argh...that blows. i was thinking of getting a set of flat kit with certain pieces of molded kits, now i guess its out of the window. i wonder what would they say if u told them u already bought a set but messed up on certain pieces?

charlie
Old 07-07-2002, 04:57 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Originally posted by CharlieNewbieMax

argh...that blows. i was thinking of getting a set of flat kit with certain pieces of molded kits, now i guess its out of the window. i wonder what would they say if u told them u already bought a set but messed up on certain pieces?

charlie
Nice color Charlie..