5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Better steering response

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2002, 02:13 PM
Very sound, Mike

Better steering response

I just came from having the Transverse Link recall done. I can't officially prove it but i can agree with the others who've already done this fix.

1) Steering response seems to be much better now, almost feels like i just came from having an FSTB installed (which i've had for months now).

2) The front-end doesn't feel like it goes all over the place whenever i hit a big bump on the road. It feels "tight" now.

3) I'm not exactly sure how, but the turning radius does seem to have improved a little bit as well, in fact i was surprised to have made a turn (which i take 2x a day for the past several months) quite easily. Already a couple times today i actually "over-steered" while trying to park.

The fix itself took only 1.5 hours, but due to the line at the service dept. i had to wait a casual 5 hours to get my car back <g>
Old 07-10-2002, 03:09 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Better steering response

Originally posted by soundmike

The fix itself took only 1.5 hours, but due to the line at the service dept. i had to wait a casual 5 hours to get my car back <g>

I remembered when I get my temp sensor replaced (long story...the temp sensor was good, but they said it was broken)...it was a 15 minute job and even I can do it. they had me wait for 4 hours and finally the shop foreman did the repair in less 5 minutes. I had to choice to rate them "poor" on their warranty survey.

1 bad survey means one service rep loss 500 dollars per year. keep that in mind.
Old 07-10-2002, 10:43 PM

Re: Better steering response

I just came from having the Transverse Link recall done. I can't officially prove it but i can agree with the others who've already done this fix.

1) Steering response seems to be much better now, almost feels like i just came from having an FSTB installed (which i've had for months now).

2) The front-end doesn't feel like it goes all over the place whenever i hit a big bump on the road. It feels "tight" now.

3) I'm not exactly sure how, but the turning radius does seem to have improved a little bit as well, in fact i was surprised to have made a turn (which i take 2x a day for the past several months) quite easily. Already a couple times today i actually "over-steered" while trying to park.

agreed on all points. But did the recall raised your front suspension for about .5 inchs? mine did.
Old 07-11-2002, 10:12 PM
Very sound, Mike

Re: Re: Better steering response

I didn't notice that. Then again i still have the 4x4 look

Originally posted by CharlieNewbieMax

agreed on all points. But did the recall raised your front suspension for about .5 inchs? mine did.
Old 07-11-2002, 10:35 PM

Re: Re: Re: Better steering response

I didn't notice that. Then again i still have the 4x4 look