6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

2004 Maxima Sighting in Miami

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2002, 09:58 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

2004 Maxima Sighting in Miami

I saw the new Maxima at 6:00 today (Dec. 30) in Miami. I was heading south on I-75, having just gotten on from the Palmetto. I broke right away from the slow traffic of the on lane and accelerated to 90. A sedan with really bright headlights (HID?) followed right behind me and matched my speed. I kept right, but he went left to the fast lane and passed me for a few seconds. I got a good look at what appeared to be either a funny looking Altima or Maxima with a more angularly sloped rear window, kind of like the 350Z or G35 coupe. The right side of the car had badging that read 3.5 SE, in the same script as current Altimas. I maneuvered so that I could take a look at the badging on the left side, and it said Maxima. It was like no Max I'd ever seen, and I began to wonder if I was seeing things. There was no effort to conceal the car in any way, and it had regular plates on it. (I didn't notice which state, but I don't believe it was one of the many Florida plates in circulation). About that time he caught some slow traffic in his lane, and I just kept cruising and lost him.

At the first opportunity I had to check the web, I got on this site and saw the story on the main page about the '04. That's the car that I saw. It looked nice -- if I had known what I was looking at, I would have lingered and taken a better look.
Old 01-01-2003, 10:51 AM

did it have any plates???
Old 01-02-2003, 08:36 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

Re: 2004 Maxima Sighting in Miami

Originally posted by FL Robert
I saw the new Maxima at 6:00 today (Dec. 30) in Miami. I was heading south on I-75, having just gotten on from the Palmetto. I broke right away from the slow traffic of the on lane and accelerated to 90. A sedan with really bright headlights (HID?) followed right behind me and matched my speed. I kept right, but he went left to the fast lane and passed me for a few seconds. I got a good look at what appeared to be either a funny looking Altima or Maxima with a more angularly sloped rear window, kind of like the 350Z or G35 coupe. The right side of the car had badging that read 3.5 SE, in the same script as current Altimas. I maneuvered so that I could take a look at the badging on the left side, and it said Maxima. It was like no Max I'd ever seen, and I began to wonder if I was seeing things. There was no effort to conceal the car in any way, and it had regular plates on it. (I didn't notice which state, but I don't believe it was one of the many Florida plates in circulation). About that time he caught some slow traffic in his lane, and I just kept cruising and lost him.

At the first opportunity I had to check the web, I got on this site and saw the story on the main page about the '04. That's the car that I saw. It looked nice -- if I had known what I was looking at, I would have lingered and taken a better look.
It was probably just one of the new Saturns...rebadged. Or maybe your eyes deceived you.

J/k, I would like to see one up close. I hate the looks of the @$$-end in pics, but maybe I will like it better in person.