6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Okay, now I really have pics and movies...

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2003, 06:00 PM

Okay, now I really have pics and movies...

I need a host.

The new max is very nice and you all WILL want one! I just saw it in Detroit at the autoshow

The interior is sweet. The grill isn't that bad in person. The split rear seating is great! The dual exhaust looks killer. The independent rear suspension looks nice. The sky view is so so. The dash is kind of plain but a lot like the new Infiti M45? The trunk is huge!

I have pics for all of this, and movies too. I just need a host. I have about 23MB in high quality pics and some movies from a digicam of the interior and exterior. Any body can help?
Old 01-14-2003, 06:47 PM

Since you guys were so eager to respond, I made a cardomain site, check it out:

http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...page_id=288304

What do you think?

I still need a host for the vids though. They are 4 short vids about 4mb in size. Two are of max spinning on carosel, one is rear and front interior, and one is gauges and dash.
Old 01-14-2003, 06:59 PM

I'll give you a thumbs up on the photos Especially the suspension and exhaust shots, great job!
Old 01-14-2003, 07:19 PM

Re: Okay, now I really have pics and movies...

Originally posted by 2002Maxxxima
I need a host.

The new max is very nice and you all WILL want one! I just saw it in Detroit at the autoshow

The interior is sweet. The grill isn't that bad in person. The split rear seating is great! The dual exhaust looks killer. The independent rear suspension looks nice. The sky view is so so. The dash is kind of plain but a lot like the new Infiti M45? The trunk is huge!

I have pics for all of this, and movies too. I just need a host. I have about 23MB in high quality pics and some movies from a digicam of the interior and exterior. Any body can help?
Nice pix, but I still dont care for it, someone elses cup of tea not mine.
Old 01-14-2003, 09:48 PM

Originally posted by annimax
I'll give you a thumbs up on the photos Especially the suspention and exaust shots, great job!
Nice Job, Nice Job,,,thanks for all the effort.
Old 01-14-2003, 09:51 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Awesome pics. I like the dual moon-roof, cept the front one is way too small. Not bad at all on the inside. Exterior styling still leaves a little to be desired IMO.
Old 01-14-2003, 10:03 PM

so the max is now a 4 seater or i dont get it y they do that?????
Old 01-15-2003, 03:57 AM

Originally posted by krmaxima
so the max is now a 4 seater or i dont get it y they do that?????
The rear console is an option.
Old 01-15-2003, 05:12 AM

Those are GREAT photos! Thanks very much--they really give me a better idea of the car.

Lobewiper

Since you guys were so eager to respond, I made a cardomain site, check it out:

http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...page_id=288304

What do you think?

I still need a host for the vids though. They are 4 short vids about 4mb in size. Two are of max spinning on carosel, one is rear and front interior, and one is gauges and dash.
Old 01-15-2003, 05:31 AM

thanks for the pics

These have been the most revealing picutures of the new Max thus far; no thanks to Nissan's web site
Old 01-15-2003, 06:01 AM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

WOW!

Great pics!

I really like the Skyview thingamajig now that I've actually seen how it is from the inside. Sweet!!
Old 01-15-2003, 06:02 AM

Can anyone host these 4 vids I have? I really would like you all to see them.
Old 01-15-2003, 08:50 AM
Boost.....

Old 01-15-2003, 09:40 AM

Originally posted by Padsy 02 6sp
whats the deal with the baby spoiler?
Old 01-15-2003, 01:03 PM

Originally posted by eternalmaxima
whats the deal with the baby spoiler?
I think the Lexus GS spoiler would look better on the 2004 Maxima. If it would fit I would add it on the 2004 Maxima.
Old 01-15-2003, 01:33 PM

send them to me gtrrider@aol.com and then email me a message at gtr_rider@hotmail.com saying that you sent so that I can download it..

If Its cool enough, I will see if I can host it..
Old 01-15-2003, 01:40 PM

i can see the pics the site is down until the 20th
Old 01-15-2003, 01:55 PM

Originally posted by gtr_rider

send them to me gtrrider@aol.com and then email me a message at gtr_rider@hotmail.com saying that you sent so that I can download it..

If Its cool enough, I will see if I can host it..

That is a great pic of the new Max..one of the best I've seen
Old 01-15-2003, 02:57 PM

Originally posted by eternalmaxima

That is a great pic of the new Max..one of the best I've seen
Its called photoshop, and skills put together
Old 01-15-2003, 06:27 PM

The Pics have white face gauges in them, just pointin that out cause some people were *****in,, That is a very nice car, I can just see one in front of my house now!
Old 01-15-2003, 11:06 PM

Re: Okay, now I really have pics and movies...

I need a host.

dude...i went to the show today too. the new Max look very nice in person. the pix on Nissan's site are crap...don't do justice at all to the car. from the feedbacks out here and the discussions, i was expecting to see something hideous for a Max, but it was a pleasant surprize...that thing is sweeeet
Old 01-16-2003, 06:18 PM

great pics man. but its still a little to alty for me... No class Distinction now.. Although nissan and infiniti has played with the concept of making their cars similar their was still a difference between the models... Now the max and alty are the same...

I'm very disappointed in decision...
Old 01-16-2003, 07:04 PM

I think the 'too alti' thing will go away when they starting hitting the road. When I saw it in person, I never even thought Alti. I was just like
Old 01-23-2003, 10:15 PM

1) Is it just me or did I notice some form of Hydraulic-type springs for the trunk lid? Does this mean it actually won't close on me while I'm reaching into the way back?

2) From these pictures, the leather looks to be less than fair. It almost looks more like vinyl. Please tell me that it's better quality than the previous gens. (I personally liked the 4th gen leather the best)

3) Is that suede on the doors? It looks alot like it, and looks cool too.

4) The intake seems better in design as far as the upper pipe is concerned, but WTF is up with the whole-front-of-car-air-scoop? Can we say PR/Injen CAI coming soon!!!

5) Did they push the engine over closer to the passenger's side? How can we get a supercharger in there if they keep doing that. The relocation kit for the windshield washer/coolant overspill containers alone will probably cost $200+. But I must say that the battery looks like a prime target for relocation already.

6) The clear dome light looks cheesy. It's something about being partially-frosted, yet see-through, that doesn't appeal to me. If you change the bulbs in there to a color, the whole thing wouldn't light up, just the bulb area. Suck!!!

7) That's a really big muffler. And to think that you'll get 2 of them. I wonder if you'll get that Honduh sound from each muffler, or if you'll get the same sound from the 2002-2003 Max (but twice as loud).

8) The skyview is cool, but does it open like a sunroof? If not, I'd rather have the sunroof. But if it opened like a sunroof, I'd be all over it like white-on-rice. (no ricer jokes please)

9) And finally, what if you don't want the crappy BOSE radio that skips, cuts out on the driver's and passenger's side when you hit a bump, and the speed sensitive volume control that only works when you slow down? I guess you're screwed until Metra comes up with an aftermarket faceplate kit to cover the holes left by the removal of the radio.
Old 01-24-2003, 05:34 AM

Originally posted by studman
1) Is it just me or did I notice some form of Hydraulic-type springs for the trunk lid? Does this mean it actually won't close on me while I'm reaching into the way back?

2) From these pictures, the leather looks to be less than fair. It almost looks more like vinyl. Please tell me that it's better quality than the previous gens. (I personally liked the 4th gen leather the best)

3) Is that suede on the doors? It looks alot like it, and looks cool too.

4) The intake seems better in design as far as the upper pipe is concerned, but WTF is up with the whole-front-of-car-air-scoop? Can we say PR/Injen CAI coming soon!!!

5) Did they push the engine over closer to the passenger's side? How can we get a supercharger in there if they keep doing that. The relocation kit for the windshield washer/coolant overspill containers alone will probably cost $200+. But I must say that the battery looks like a prime target for relocation already.

6) The clear dome light looks cheesy. It's something about being partially-frosted, yet see-through, that doesn't appeal to me. If you change the bulbs in there to a color, the whole thing wouldn't light up, just the bulb area. Suck!!!

7) That's a really big muffler. And to think that you'll get 2 of them. I wonder if you'll get that Honduh sound from each muffler, or if you'll get the same sound from the 2002-2003 Max (but twice as loud).

8) The skyview is cool, but does it open like a sunroof? If not, I'd rather have the sunroof. But if it opened like a sunroof, I'd be all over it like white-on-rice. (no ricer jokes please)

9) And finally, what if you don't want the crappy BOSE radio that skips, cuts out on the driver's and passenger's side when you hit a bump, and the speed sensitive volume control that only works when you slow down? I guess you're screwed until Metra comes up with an aftermarket faceplate kit to cover the holes left by the removal of the radio.
1. Yes their were those pnuematic springs for the trunk.

2. Leather was a lot like the 5th gen, but seemed to be pulled tighter.

3. Yes suede type material which wraps around the doors, across the front dash to the other side. I thought it was cool. You can see in the pic of the passenger door.

4. Yes the whole front is a scoop. In effect you could make a RAM air for it if you kept the scoop but connected some straight pipe to the intake.

5. Engine is way over to the passeger side. Relocate the battery, remove the intake and there's lot's of room for a turbo! That or figure out a way to mount a sc on drivers side.

6. I agree.

7. Two big mufflers probably means it'll be too quiet for it's character. Like the 5th gen.

8. Sky view is cool, but doesn't open. Get the moonroof. (too bad they didn't make a REALLY BIG moon roof instead.

9. That cheesy dash leaves much to be desired. It's too much Aluminum, not plastic, and all the controls are so tightly integrated, you may have to just remote mount a new stereo in the console.

The rear dual seating was cool though.
Old 01-24-2003, 03:04 PM

Originally posted by studman

That engine does look to be very offset towards the passenger side.

Maybe the snugged the engine over to make room for two more cylinders a few years down the road.....

Hmmmmm.....
Old 01-24-2003, 03:16 PM
Project Ruby......

I can host them for ya!
Old 01-28-2003, 10:18 AM

Originally posted by 4DRSpeed

I can host them for ya!
Send me an email from the box you want me to send them to. You need 4mb x 4 of available space.