6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Sat in 2 2004 Maximas today...

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2003, 01:13 AM

Sat in 2 2004 Maximas today...

These cars are going to sell well. I am positive that I will buy one of these in the next six months. My only complaint is that the grill is a joke. I pushed and pulled on it and it felt like the plastic from a Kia. It was thin and the way it is painted really looks bad. I know I am repeating the same thing everyone else has said about the tooth, but it really looks bad. I could live with it if it was made of better materials. The rest of the car is so nice, it just has this one flaw. The tooth on the Maxima is like meeting a hot woman who is missing her front tooth.

Overall this is one sexy beast...
Old 02-16-2003, 01:30 AM

Do you like the ear end of the car?
Old 02-16-2003, 02:02 AM

Originally posted by Mr. Nismo
Do you like the ear end of the car?
Well, it's not ugly, just a little different.
It will just take getting used to. The more I looked at it, the better it looked. It will certainly not prevent anyone from buying it, at least thats my opinion.
Old 02-17-2003, 06:42 PM
Maxima95Tuner

Originally posted by the_spainter

Well, it's not ugly, just a little different.
It will just take getting used to. The more I looked at it, the better it looked. It will certainly not prevent anyone from buying it, at least thats my opinion.
In my opinion, it looks like the altima. All it is is an impression of the Altima. I dunno though, that grill is horrifying though. That turns me away from that car so much. I think the interior is really nice though. Give more of a futuristic look to it.

Old 02-20-2003, 01:44 PM

Hey spainter,

I'm very curious. I have some questions for you, if you wouldn't mind quenching my curiousity...

1)How did the steering wheel sit and feel? Did it feel small,thick, and heavy (like that of an S4) or the opposite?

2)How would you rate the quality of the seats from what you remember?

3)Were you able to get a good idea of just how bright the gauges were? (I'm really hoping for something comparable to LED)

4)How did the titanium material on the dash and gauges look and feel?

5)How much higher does the driver sit compared to the 5th gen.

6)Was there a crackpipe left in the car by the engineer who decided on that silly front tooth?
Thanks buddy!
Old 02-20-2003, 02:08 PM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

7) How would you rate the look/feel/quality of the interior materials? Is it cheapy like the Altima or is it definitely higher-end materials?
Old 02-20-2003, 08:57 PM

1. The steering wheel felt just right, for my hands (pretty big) at least. The wheel can be adjusted in enough ways with the new electronic steering controller for anyone to feel comfortable behind it. The wheel itself was smaller than average, but it felt fine.

2. The seats felt better than the old seats. While they aren't Coach leather, they feel nice.

3. The gauges look just like those in the Altima.

4. The "titanium" is obviously NOT titanium. It really would do alot for the car if the look of the titanium plastic was improved. The feel of it was fine though, very solid. Actually, the whole interior feels much nicer than most other cars with similar prices. (I was at an auto show, sat in Accord, Mazda6, TSX, Volvo S60, CTS, Altima, none felt better than the maxima)

5. I don't remember.

6. The tooth feels worse than it looks...

7. As I said before, the interior feels very nice. I really liked the suede-like cloth on the doors and the way it wraps around the dash.

Someone would make big money making a replacement for the tooth...
Old 02-21-2003, 06:57 AM

Re: Sat in 2 2004 Maximas today...

Originally posted by the_spainter
It was thin and the way it is painted really looks bad. I know I am repeating the same thing everyone else has said about the tooth, but it really looks bad. I could live with it if it was made of better materials. The rest of the car is so nice, it just has this one flaw.
Perhaps Nissan may change the configuration of that tooth, the same way they totally revised the trunklid of the G35.

The first time the G35 came out the Infiniti badge and trunk handle were on a rectangular piece of plastic; with this design, paint on plastic and paint on metal will fade at different rates. They then decided to do away with this plastic and released a 2002.5(?) version that has a smooth trunklid.

Hopefully the same will happen to the 6G Max's toothy grille.
Old 02-25-2003, 12:34 PM

another q

Spainter, I have another few questions I was hoping I could bounce off of you

1) How is the angle of the middle column. It looks like its more perpendicular as opposed to the 5th gen's slanted upward angle.

2) Did you feel that the buttons were smaller than that of the 5th gen's? My friend's first comment when I got my 5th gen was "damn, why are all of these buttons so huge???"

Thanks bud!