6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

skyroof capabilities...

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2003, 09:24 AM

skyroof capabilities...

Hey, this question is for anyone out there who has seen the 6th gen in person and had a close look. I know they always ration out the options so that the design doesn't get stale, so I am curious about the skyroof.

Do you think that it has the capability to ever be openned (on the '05 or '06) without some serious rework to the frame?
Old 02-28-2003, 10:19 AM

I'm just going by a photo I saw of the interior with the Skyroof shades open but it looks as though the only way to modify it to open is by popping up. It sits in the center of the roof and doesn't look like there is enough room to either the left or right of the window to retract.
Old 02-28-2003, 03:16 PM

no an article said it gave more headroom. If they were to put the mechanism in, they would have to reduce interior space
Old 03-01-2003, 08:25 PM
1 of few unmodded 4G Maxs

even if there was a way to get that skyview roof to open in the '05 or '06 model year, I'd still prefer a traditional sunroof over the skyview roof
Old 03-03-2003, 05:32 AM

I'm not too impressed with the skyroof. I've seen it in person, and from what I saw it is pretty small, and hte lighting it offers is less than a sunroof. I think it more symbolizes that, "Hey, we're Nissan, and we're pushing the envelope with new tech"

The skyview works MUCh better on the Quest, which is one hell of a minivan (too bad minivans suck )

If they made it a bit wider, then I think it would be really cool, and functional too.

I think they'll do lotsa minor tweaks like these on the 05 and 06.. hopefully change that awful grill. The grill, by the way, is the only ugly part on the car. I'm getting an 04, and the first thing I do to it is change the grill. The car otherwise is beautiful in real life, agressive looking, the back is incredible.

I plan on trading it in for an 05, because I'm almost sure they'll boost the power on the 05 (like they've done with the 2nd year models each time around)
Old 03-03-2003, 02:51 PM
¿Hablas Español?

Originally posted by THill5thGen
I'm not too impressed with the skyroof. I've seen it in person, and from what I saw it is pretty small, and hte lighting it offers is less than a sunroof. I think it more symbolizes that, "Hey, we're Nissan, and we're pushing the envelope with new tech"

The skyview works MUCh better on the Quest, which is one hell of a minivan (too bad minivans suck )

If they made it a bit wider, then I think it would be really cool, and functional too.

I think they'll do lotsa minor tweaks like these on the 05 and 06.. hopefully change that awful grill. The grill, by the way, is the only ugly part on the car. I'm getting an 04, and the first thing I do to it is change the grill. The car otherwise is beautiful in real life, agressive looking, the back is incredible.

I plan on trading it in for an 05, because I'm almost sure they'll boost the power on the 05 (like they've done with the 2nd year models each time around)
Then why not wait for the 05 in the first place? No point losing more money than you have to here.