6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Saw the New Max Tonight

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2003, 10:45 PM
bigmaxx

Saw the New Max Tonight

I saw two '04 Maximas on a local lot tonight on my way home. One was Champagne Mist and the other was Black. The black one was a fully loaded SLwith the Elite package. It's a nice looking car but not for me. It looks like it's trying to appeal to an older crowd in my opinion. It looks far more boat-like and far less-aggressive to me in person. I'm now VERY elated that I grabbed one of the last '03 Max 6speeds out there.

Old 03-07-2003, 05:38 AM

Re: Saw the New Max Tonight

Originally posted by bigmaxx
I saw two '04 Maximas on a local lot tonight on my way home. One was Champagne Mist and the other was Black. The black one was a fully loaded SLwith the Elite package. It's a nice looking car but not for me. It looks like it's trying to appeal to an older crowd in my opinion. It looks far more boat-like and far less-aggressive to me in person. I'm now VERY elated that I grabbed one of the last '03 Max 6speeds out there.
You may not like it because you are bias towards the car you own. I'm going to go up to the Nissan dealers around here to see if they have one on the lot yet. Nissanews said the 2004 Maxima would go on sale at 1000 dealers March 5th so there should be some around here.
Old 03-07-2003, 12:28 PM
bigmaxx

WRONG. This car was a dissapointment all by itself, especially after sitting in it today. The dash design is very dissapointing and feels almost as cheap as the altima. The interior feels like a step backwards from the '03. This shouldn't happen as they raise the price.

Old 03-07-2003, 02:06 PM

WRONG. This car was a dissapointment all by itself, especially after sitting in it today. The dash design is very dissapointing and feels almost as cheap as the altima. The interior feels like a step backwards from the '03. This shouldn't happen as they raise the price.
I agree with you after seing and sitting in it in person it doesnt appeal to me. The materials are a step back and the whole interior design just looks cheap and out of place in a car in this category.
Old 03-07-2003, 05:27 PM

Who the **** gives you the right to say his opinion is right or wrong newbie
Old 03-07-2003, 06:26 PM
bigmaxx

Originally posted by ScreamingVQ

ME.

Old 03-07-2003, 07:34 PM

No need to bicker we are all entitled to our own opinion. It's just that a lot of the times when someone says I'm glad I bought my older model before the newer gen./model comes out I get the impression there is some degree of buyers remorse involved because if you really like your car it doesn't matter what the next gen looks like. Cars will be redesigned etc... That is just my opinion
Old 03-07-2003, 11:17 PM
bigmaxx

Originally posted by perrymaxima
No need to bicker we are all entitled to our own opinion. It's just that a lot of the times when someone says I'm glad I bought my older model before the newer gen./model comes out I get the impression there is some degree of buyers remorse involved because if you really like your car it doesn't matter what the next gen looks like. Cars will be redesigned etc... That is just my opinion
Believe me, that was not the case with me at all. I took a good look at the '04 Max at the Philly auto show in January and that was what sealed the deal for me to proceed to buy an '03 SE. Spending time in one yesterday has strongly reinforced my earlier conclusions. I hope that clears up any confusion you might be experiencing over this issue.

Old 03-08-2003, 12:18 AM

You pro-'04 boyz really need to just accept the fact that new Max is a fugly car
Old 03-08-2003, 06:12 AM

People either love it or hate it, Personally it doesnt do anything for me.. I love my 5th gen. To each his own, maybe it will start growing on people, who knows.

Old 03-08-2003, 09:35 PM

ME.
Wow, you made yourself look even smarter

Dude you just insulted someone's opinion. The LEAST you could do is apoligize and actually be the better man...

But you had to take the other route.
Old 03-08-2003, 11:01 PM

Originally posted by PeterUbers
You pro-'04 boyz really need to just accept the fact that new Max is a fugly car
honestly i'm not pro 5th or 6th I rather hold off my judgement until I see the car in person and test drive it, but I wouldn't trade my car in to buy any new.
Old 03-09-2003, 08:34 AM
bigmaxx

Wow, you made yourself look even smarter

Dude you just insulted someone's opinion. The LEAST you could do is apoligize and actually be the better man...

But you had to take the other route.

Get a life.

Old 03-09-2003, 08:44 AM
bigmaxx

Just to be a little clearer on the new max, I think it's a nice car but it looks like it gunning for the Avalon now, IMO. I definitely prefer the 5 gen and even the 4th gen over this car. After sitting in one, it feels cheaper inside to me. I'm not appalled at this the way I was when the '02 altima came out, but this car feels like a step backwards quality-wise, and that is a dissapointment. I brought a friend along yesterday to take a look a look at the '04. I didn't say anything to him beforehand because I wanted an honest opinion from him. His thoughts pretty much mirrored mine. Inspite of all this, I am not putting the car down. I'm not saying YOU shouldn't like it. I'm not saying you should boycott Nissan and not buy one. I'm just saying it's not for me.

Old 03-09-2003, 03:03 PM

Our local Nissan dealer said they SHIPPED the new Maxs out on March 5th and they would arrive at dealers next week depending on delivery time schedules.

From the brochure, I like the exterior of the new Max but the interior dash and instruments look nicer on the 5th. Leaning to towards purchasing a 5th right now but mya change my mind after seeing it in person.
Old 03-09-2003, 07:39 PM

I wanted very much to like the 6th gen. But when pictures started surfacing of both interior and exterior and we were in the market to buy for my wife (and she wanted a Maxima), we knew that we better grab an 03. several months more of pictures and even more articles confirmed we did the right thing for us. This 6th gen will take years to grow on me, if it ever does. It has some really neat features, but the packaging is not nearly as desirable as every other max that has come before...from 2nd gen (when I was old enough to notice cars) all the way through both our 5th gens (02 SE, 03 GLE), I've always admired and wanted Maxima. That period is over.

I'm not knocking anyone who gets one, but for me, I just wish they would have called it something else, because it clearly is not a Maxima.

srm
Old 03-09-2003, 08:43 PM

the only selling point of this car for me is the roof
Old 03-10-2003, 01:14 PM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

How many of you have really sat in the 6th gen Maxima? The build quality of the interior is much better than the 5th gens and even the 4th gens. I sat in a white 04 SE at the auto show and slammed my fist into the dash and doors to test how solid is was. It was like a vault. The doors and even some of the dash was covered in a very nice suede-like material (it felt exactly like suede). The seats were very comfy and the car is extremely roomy. The Maxima is a different kind of car now. It's more upscale, just like Nissan said it would do with 6th gen Maxima.

Would I buy one? Naa, I'd rather have a G35 sedan, but I can see Nissan selling a lot of the new Maximas. It's very sharp looking (expect for the grille and lower nose) and the build is a couple of notches higher than the previous gens.

Dave
Old 03-10-2003, 01:25 PM
Boost.....

Slammed your fist???

[img]
Old 03-10-2003, 01:50 PM
rcy

In case you haven't followed this thread properly, it was actually the second poster that was offering his opinion that the first poster was probably biased against the new Max, because he has a 5th gen Max. The original poster then responded stating that the second poster was wrong, he wasn't biased - he just doesn't like the new Max period.

Regardless, isn't that the point to a message board - to read other driver's opinions?
Old 03-10-2003, 02:08 PM

Originally posted by rcy

In case you haven't followed this thread properly, it was actually the second poster that was offering his opinion that the first poster was probably biased against the new Max, because he has a 5th gen Max. The original poster then responded stating that the second poster was wrong, he wasn't biased - he just doesn't like the new Max period.

Regardless, isn't that the point to a message board - to read other driver's opinions?
Old 03-10-2003, 03:23 PM

No, you're WRONG rcy and perrymaxima, the point of this message board is for me to prove that your opinions are in fact...incorrect...take it from a proud max owner brake rotors that are as warped as Michael Jackson's relationships with kids.

Where's the love?!

Old 03-10-2003, 04:19 PM

Originally posted by Dave B
How many of you have really sat in the 6th gen Maxima? The build quality of the interior is much better than the 5th gens and even the 4th gens. I sat in a white 04 SE at the auto show and slammed my fist into the dash and doors to test how solid is was. It was like a vault. The doors and even some of the dash was covered in a very nice suede-like material (it felt exactly like suede). The seats were very comfy and the car is extremely roomy. The Maxima is a different kind of car now. It's more upscale, just like Nissan said it would do with 6th gen Maxima.

Would I buy one? Naa, I'd rather have a G35 sedan, but I can see Nissan selling a lot of the new Maximas. It's very sharp looking (expect for the grille and lower nose) and the build is a couple of notches higher than the previous gens.

Dave
I really sat in it my wifes works for the Nissan Corp. office in Irving,Tx and they had one their a few weeks ago. I will have to disagree the quality of the materials doesnot feel as good as the 5th gen. and definately not as good as the 3rd gen. As far as vault feeling it didnt feel any more solid than any previous Maximas and the dash design although trying to be sporty, just feels and looks out of place for a car thats going to run 30k+. Most of her co workers over their sorry to say didnt care for it as well. To each his own.
Old 03-10-2003, 04:29 PM

Originally posted by Raven
No, you're WRONG rcy and perrymaxima, the point of this message board is for me to prove that your opinions are in fact...incorrect...take it from a proud max owner brake rotors that are as warped as Michael Jackson's relationships with kids.

Where's the love?!

I need to get a life
Old 03-10-2003, 04:30 PM

Originally posted by rcy

Nah if you haven't followed, I need to get a life