6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

what i saw at local dealer ship

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2003, 10:19 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

what i saw at local dealer ship

well this morning i dropped off my 03 maxima do get thing fixed and on the lot i saw the new 6th gem maxima. First of all i was not admazed becuase the car looks like the altima like every one was saying. also the car looks like all the pix i have seen. well i sat in a full loaded one and it seemed nice but weird. all of the buttons and door handel were in weird spots. over all the car is noec but not like the 03. my brother thought it was better just becuase it was newer what a dumb a$$. well just want to share. later
ps car is very big like a boat i think the car will sell very well but to an older crowd
Old 03-28-2003, 05:33 AM

Re: what i saw at local dealer ship

yeah these old people will use their buicks to use to tow this "boat" of a max to the lake

Originally posted by krmaxima
well this morning i dropped off my 03 maxima do get thing fixed and on the lot i saw the new 6th gem maxima. First of all i was not admazed becuase the car looks like the altima like every one was saying. also the car looks like all the pix i have seen. well i sat in a full loaded one and it seemed nice but weird. all of the buttons and door handel were in weird spots. over all the car is noec but not like the 03. my brother thought it was better just becuase it was newer what a dumb a$$. well just want to share. later
ps car is very big like a boat i think the car will sell very well but to an older crowd
Old 03-28-2003, 06:34 AM

Re: Re: what i saw at local dealer ship

Originally posted by max...to the ma
yeah these old people will use their buicks to use to tow this "boat" of a max to the lake

OLD?? I am 24 and I have the '04 SL, I think its very much a young car and I get alot of young girls given me looks , and many people asking me questions in traffic and 5th gen's in envy. I had an '00 max and yes you may think things are in weird places beacause its a new car, totally different from the 5th gen, and I have gotten used to it, and it is much much better, I had mine since 3/11.
Old 03-28-2003, 02:21 PM

Re: Re: Re: what i saw at local dealer ship

Originally posted by jnp1

OLD?? I am 24 and I have the '04 SL, I think its very much a young car and I get alot of young girls given me looks , and many people asking me questions in traffic and 5th gen's in envy. I had an '00 max and yes you may think things are in weird places beacause its a new car, totally different from the 5th gen, and I have gotten used to it, and it is much much better, I had mine since 3/11.
Nobodies envious of your 04 they are just looking because they know its the "new" Maxima. Most 5th gen owners especially 03 owners can afford an 04 if they want it!
Old 03-29-2003, 09:27 AM
OT n00bs FTMFCSL

Re: Re: Re: Re: what i saw at local dealer ship

Originally posted by MONTE 01&97 SE
Nobodies envious of your 04 they are just looking because they know its the "new" Maxima. Most 5th gen owners especially 03 owners can afford an 04 if they want it!
Hear hear...I bought the '03 due to my concerns with what was going to happen with the '04. I wanted the 5th Gen body style and the VQ35DE.
Old 03-29-2003, 09:48 AM

Calm down too much Kat fighting going on! The 5th gen and 6th gen have 2 things in common the engine and the name. Other than that they are completely different cars but overall are very much the same. However as teh 6th gen. Maxima gets older I think everybody will grow to like the design. I can't wait to see the refresh vesion of the 6th gen.
Old 03-29-2003, 09:56 AM

Ive owned a 2002 maxima and a 2003, and im seriously thinking about buying a 04, Ive had it up to here with these biatchy people who do not have enuff coin to buy a new car so they put the 04 down! MONTE 01&97 SE im looking your way
Old 03-29-2003, 10:55 AM

Originally posted by BrentG

Ive owned a 2002 maxima and a 2003, and im seriously thinking about buying a 04, Ive had it up to here with these biatchy people who do not have enuff coin to buy a new car so they put the 04 down! MONTE 01&97 SE im looking your way
No ones putting anything down Brent, I can afford any car I want on my salary (I can afford 2 04's and still live nice) I'm a professional with my Masters. I'm paying for a 350Z and 03 Max every month, by the way know one was putting the 04 down we were just commenting on the "Envy comment" which is rediculous(comprehend my statement in no shape or form is it putting th 04 down). People look out of "curiousity" if they know something is new/different, no one should be envious of a Maxima regardless of what year unless they are messed up inside. Have a good one Brent I dont like conflict and try to avoid it!
Old 03-29-2003, 12:11 PM

Originally posted by BrentG

I agree. There does seem to be quite a bit of hatin going on toward the 6th gen. If you are happy with your particalar car then fine.... more power to you, and if you don't like the 6th gen more power to you as well, but there is no reason to slam it just because you cannot afford one or because you no longer have the newest ride on the block.
Old 03-29-2003, 08:12 PM

I've owned a 93 SE, 01 SE/AE, still have my 02 SE and had an 03 GLE that we traded on the 04 SL. I can say with experience and lack of bias that the 04 is a better car. That doesn't mean I don't like my 02; it is still a great car and will be with me for many years to come. Isn't it reasonable to think the next generation car would be better? Shouldn't it be? These cars are different than anything that has preceded it, ok? It is still a Maxima and if ever there were a car that lived up to the "maxima" moniker, this is it! We got the SL with elite package (that means everything) and all these luxury features in a powerful package and at this price point can't be found anywhere else.

I'm to the point now that I'm getting tired of seeing posts from those who don't actually own the car but are just here to put the car down, which really doesn't make sense. I did a lot of it myself before the car came out, not giving the car a fair shake, then I spent some time in one and had to take back anything and everything I said. I wish now I would have kept my mouth shut. I think some of you still out there stirring up controversy may find yourself in that position soon.
Old 03-29-2003, 09:07 PM

Originally posted by Maxmann
I've owned a 93 SE, 01 SE/AE, still have my 02 SE and had an 03 GLE that we traded on the 04 SL. I can say with experience and lack of bias that the 04 is a better car. That doesn't mean I don't like my 02; it is still a great car and will be with me for many years to come. Isn't it reasonable to think the next generation car would be better? Shouldn't it be? These cars are different than anything that has preceded it, ok? It is still a Maxima and if ever there were a car that lived up to the "maxima" moniker, this is it! We got the SL with elite package (that means everything) and all these luxury features in a powerful package and at this price point can't be found anywhere else.

I'm to the point now that I'm getting tired of seeing posts from those who don't actually own the car but are just here to put the car down, which really doesn't make sense. I did a lot of it myself before the car came out, not giving the car a fair shake, then I spent some time in one and had to take back anything and everything I said. I wish now I would have kept my mouth shut. I think some of you still out there stirring up controversy may find yourself in that position soon.
Very well put!
Old 03-30-2003, 10:26 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

i didnt mean to start all this bad tension. all i was just saying that the 6th gen is a very nice car but i still feel that its going sell very well. however its just to big i guess if you want more lux then 6th is the way to go. but for more sporty i think the 03 is best. and also i feel a lot of people like and dislike the 6th gen is because its new. but as for price, its the same you can get a SE 04 with leather for like 28 i payed 30 for my 03 so if i wanted i could have gotten the 04. but i really like both cars. just that the 03's are more unique. because 04 looks like altima. well sorry for being so long later and take care
Old 03-30-2003, 11:14 PM

Originally posted by krmaxima
i didnt mean to start all this bad tension. all i was just saying that the 6th gen is a very nice car but i still feel that its going sell very well. however its just to big i guess if you want more lux then 6th is the way to go. but for more sporty i think the 03 is best. and also i feel a lot of people like and dislike the 6th gen is because its new. but as for price, its the same you can get a SE 04 with leather for like 28 i payed 30 for my 03 so if i wanted i could have gotten the 04. but i really like both cars. just that the 03's are more unique. because 04 looks like altima. well sorry for being so long later and take care
The 04 does not look like an Altima. I was park next to a brand new Altima in a parking lot yesterday. It was event he same color as my 04 black maxima. The maxima looks different. Yes you can tell the cars come form the same manufacturer, but that’s about all. Ever look at the back of a BMW 325 and 525? Pretty similar, isn't it.

The 04 is superior to the 5th gen in many ways. I know as I turned in my 01 for it. It’s a new radical look that people have to get used to and accept. In my opinion, this is the direction that the look of the future sports sedan is going to take.
Old 03-31-2003, 03:06 PM

REfresh of 04

Given this is early 03, I would expect the first light refresh will be the 05 model. That may not be until Fall 04! 18 mos from now. You know, sometime buying a model released early in the prior year, can be kind of a free year worth of depreciation.
Old 03-31-2003, 05:37 PM

Re: REfresh of 04

Originally posted by mikmax1
Given this is early 03, I would expect the first light refresh will be the 05 model. That may not be until Fall 04! 18 mos from now. You know, sometime buying a model released early in the prior year, can be kind of a free year worth of depreciation.
Well... maybe... maybe not. The redesigned '02 Altima was introduced in mid '01, and only a few very minor interior accents were modified for the '03 model year.