6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

What's up?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2003, 03:46 PM

What's up?

Considering the 04's are selling like hot cakes , why is it that there is hardly any posting and the number of users is very low?

I have been lurking for a while , still deciding whether or not to make the purchase!!

One thing that I don't like is the fact that installing an aftermarket stereo is next to impossibe!!
I have some decent equipment in my 00 that I would like to put in the 04.
Wondering too about the ride? I have the 00 SE and how is it compared to the 04 SE as far as taking bumps?
Big difference with the rear multi link? Do the bad road surfaces fell as bad with the 04?
Old 07-17-2003, 12:49 PM

Well, I see that the 04 people are some big responders!! What your secret?
Just want to say thank you for the input!!
Old 07-17-2003, 01:11 PM

Originally posted by dml000
Well, I see that the 04 people are some big responders!! What your secret?
Just want to say thank you for the input!!
Well, I'm going to guess that sarcastic whining about not getting a ton of responses within 24 hrs of posting is not the secret.

A few observations:

1) If you can't find information to assist in your purchase decision in all of the posts in all of the threads in this forum, you're not trying very hard. I think there was a thread on aftermarket stereos. With 5 pages of responses. Did you do a search? Or even, you know, try reading some threads?

2) Regarding ride quality - what's more important - everyone's subjective perception of ride quality or your own impression based on your experience with the '00? Here's some input for you: take a test drive.

Jaeger
Old 07-17-2003, 01:24 PM

Thanks J! I plan on taking a test drive! I am curious about the difference in ride quality with the 04 vs the 00. Hoping to get a response from some former 5th generation people.
Yes, I did read every post and frankly it is getting quite boring! So, I figured I would start a new thread!
Did you J, have a 5th gen.?
Old 07-17-2003, 03:17 PM

Yep - I have a 5th gen - an '01 SE. I'm considering the '04 SE and it's down to two cars. I didn't notice a great deal of difference in ride quality betwen the '04 and '01 Maximas. I did notice a difference between the '01 Max and the G35 - the latter had a softer, more compliant ride, yet handled better.

Cheers,

Jaeger
Old 07-20-2003, 08:07 AM

i went yesterday to see about putting in a stereo and they just replaced my door speakers and added a 12" jl audio in the back and two amps and it sounds kick ***. the factory radio is the only problem when adding a syestem.
Old 08-18-2003, 03:42 PM

Re: What's up?

Originally posted by dml000
Considering the 04's are selling like hot cakes , why is it that there is hardly any posting and the number of users is very low?

I have been lurking for a while , still deciding whether or not to make the purchase!!

One thing that I don't like is the fact that installing an aftermarket stereo is next to impossibe!!
I have some decent equipment in my 00 that I would like to put in the 04.
Wondering too about the ride? I have the 00 SE and how is it compared to the 04 SE as far as taking bumps?
Big difference with the rear multi link? Do the bad road surfaces fell as bad with the 04?
I have an 04 SL and as far as I am concerned it rides like a dream..yet you still have the feel of the road...I would say it absorbs the bumps quite well....I love it ..
Old 08-18-2003, 06:10 PM
Moderator GT-R

Originally posted by Jaeger
Yep - I have a 5th gen - an '01 SE. I'm considering the '04 SE and it's down to two cars. I didn't notice a great deal of difference in ride quality betwen the '04 and '01 Maximas. I did notice a difference between the '01 Max and the G35 - the latter had a softer, more compliant ride, yet handled better.

Cheers,

Jaeger
You didn't notice much difference in the ride of the '04 compared to the '01? Seriously? Was the '04 running on flat tires?
Old 08-19-2003, 06:00 AM

Originally posted by bluemaxx
You didn't notice much difference in the ride of the '04 compared to the '01? Seriously? Was the '04 running on flat tires?
Could it be you were comparing SE models 01 -04......the SE 04 has a stiffer ride than SL.....one i sport tuned the SL is Luxury tuned which gives a more compliant ride...I think